El Cheapo Cruises Thread

Well it might seem that way. However, I have noticed a lot of the heavy discounting is coming from PO Australia, Carnvial, little bit of RCL, some Princess and not a lot of Celebrity.

You dont see many discounts on Celebrity Solstice...:)

Good products ,coupled with good service , sell themselves.

You dont see many discounts on Celebrity Solstice...:)

Good products ,coupled with good service , sell themselves.

And one ship. Easier to hold your price if your only have one ship less berths to fill. Princess have 5 ships.

Edited by icat2000

And one ship. Easier to hold your price if your only have one ship less berths to fill. Princess have 5 ships.

That used to happen with HAL when they had a smaller fleet of smaller ships. They were always being grizzled about as having the worst past passenger rewards programme , yet time after time their ships sailed full and they had the biggest percentage of repeat passengers of any cruise line.

They did things properly , by making cruising an enjoyable and memorable event . They were by no means the cheapest either ...:rolleyes:

Don't forget that a lot of the Solstice cruises sold well early on when they had great double upgrade deals including drinks.

We paid $1099 for 8 days in a balcony on Solstice and that included grats so even if you undervalue their drinks package to $50AUD per day that works out at $700 balcony on IMO the best ship sailing these waters.

Very true.

Just go back a year and some of the best specials were on Celebrity Century - a really good ship and experience I would add.

Very true.

Just go back a year and some of the best specials were on Celebrity Century - a really good ship and experience I would add.

I would add to that was because the ship was being decommissioned at they just wanted to get bums on seats.

02 December 2015

14 Nights

Explorer Of The Seas

Up To $100 Onboard Credit*

Twin From $1077 pp

Quad From $1210 pp

Inside $1077 pp, Balcony $1854 pp

03 December 2015

8 Nights

Radiance Of The Seas

Twin From $539 pp

Quad From $885 pp

Inside $539 pp, Oceanview $637 pp

Latecomer here as new to cruising (recently back from first cruise!)....thanks for doing this Sarah. Are 'early December' cruises traditionally bombarded with schoolies etc?? Other than that, I'd almost be tempted to take myself on an el cheapo cruise... :)

That used to happen with HAL when they had a smaller fleet of smaller ships. They were always being grizzled about as having the worst past passenger rewards programme , yet time after time their ships sailed full and they had the biggest percentage of repeat passengers of any cruise line.

They did things properly , by making cruising an enjoyable and memorable event . They were by no means the cheapest either ...:rolleyes:

Agreed, I find HAL seem to be a bit pricey compared to similar cruises.

Latecomer here as new to cruising (recently back from first cruise!)....thanks for doing this Sarah. Are 'early December' cruises traditionally bombarded with schoolies etc?? Other than that, I'd almost be tempted to take myself on an el cheapo cruise... [/url]

Yes, but they are required to be accompanied by adults.

Edited by MicCanberra

Not a cheap cruise..But a cheap ferry ride if you ned to get to get to White Bay - Circular Quay .. Been a long time coming

https://s3-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/captain-cook-cms-assets/assets/timetables/2899/151112a.pdf

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great news, thanks for the link/pdf.:D

Ship Name: Pacific Jewel

Cruise Code: J548P

Departure Date: Monday, 30 November 2015

Cruise Name: South Pacific

Nights: 8

Departing: Sydney

RED HOT BALCONY FARE ONLY $599pp

Or oceanview $498 pp

Ship Name: Pacific Eden

Cruise Code: PAE548