El Cheapo Cruises Thread

4 minutes ago, ROSEBERRY said:

Help needed.

I discovered this amazing Deal offered by an Australian Cruise Discounter who is unknown to me. $1600 non refundable dep.required by 28/11/18

Anyone else booked or seen it? I'm thinking maybe this one is too good to be true.

34 NIGHT BACK TO BACK CRUISE 
Sydney-Perth-Sydney 
ABOARD RADIANCE OF THE SEAS

Depart: 09 Feb 2020
Arrive: 14 Mar 2020

Ports of Call:
Sydney, Brisbane, Cairns, Yorkey's Knob, Darwin, Bali (Benoa), Indonesia, Port Hedland, Geraldton, Perth (Fremantle), 
Esperance, Adelaide, Melbourne, Hobart, Milford Sound , Doubtful Sound | Dusky Sound, Dunedin, Akaroa New Zealand, Wellington, Sydney 

Prices are per person twin share
$4656 Oceanview
$5536 Balcony

Price includes all meals,entertainment Onboard, taxes, fees and port expenses  
Interior -  SOLD OUT

Total Deposit: $1600 
Deposit Due: 28 Nov 2018
Final Due: 15 Nov 2019

Note: All cabins are guarantee, cabin number will be assigned by Royal Caribbean closer to the departure.

Can you give a hint as to which ta?

1 hour ago, ROSEBERRY said:

Help needed.

I discovered this amazing Deal offered by an Australian Cruise Discounter who is unknown to me. $1600 non refundable dep.required by 28/11/18

Anyone else booked or seen it? I'm thinking maybe this one is too good to be true.

34 NIGHT BACK TO BACK CRUISE 
Sydney-Perth-Sydney 
ABOARD RADIANCE OF THE SEAS

Depart: 09 Feb 2020
Arrive: 14 Mar 2020

Ports of Call:
Sydney, Brisbane, Cairns, Yorkey's Knob, Darwin, Bali (Benoa), Indonesia, Port Hedland, Geraldton, Perth (Fremantle), 
Esperance, Adelaide, Melbourne, Hobart, Milford Sound , Doubtful Sound | Dusky Sound, Dunedin, Akaroa New Zealand, Wellington, Sydney 

Prices are per person twin share
$4656 Oceanview
$5536 Balcony

Price includes all meals,entertainment Onboard, taxes, fees and port expenses  
Interior -  SOLD OUT

Total Deposit: $1600 
Deposit Due: 28 Nov 2018
Final Due: 15 Nov 2019

Note: All cabins are guarantee, cabin number will be assigned by Royal Caribbean closer to the departure.

I’ve been waitlisted for an accessible balcony since the day booking opened. A great deal

This is legit.  I am on a large social media cruise site and the TA who runs the site advertised this a couple of weeks ago.  Lots on the site booked it immediately because of the amazing cheap price.  This could account for the interior being booked out already.  I didn't book it as it was strictly twin price only.

14 hours ago, The_Big_M said:

A TA runs a social media site? hmm.

I found some of the many related agencies other ways, deal might be legit, but it does come across a bit 'light...'

13 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Most likely very limited cabins at the really cheap prices but general savings across the board.

22 hours ago, thistledoo said:

Search for:

34 night back to back cruise

Never heard of them either, NSW based, Inside cabin $3897.   Too cheap?

Thank you.

I discovered it is a small independently owned T/A in Sydney, which operates under license from a very large Australian Travel Company.

I'd still like to hear from someone who has actually booked a cruise with them, before handing over our deposit.

20 minutes ago, ROSEBERRY said:

Thank you.

I discovered it is a small independently owned T/A in Sydney, which operates under license from a very large Australian Travel Company.

I'd still like to hear from someone who has actually booked a cruise with them, before handing over our deposit.

If you are not happy with or unsure about them , go to an agent you know and have dealt with before , show them the deal  , and ask them to match it. I am sure they would welcome the business. We did that several times and our agent always came through, and in a couple of cases knew of others she could sell the cruise to as well.

• Like 1

Saw this and thought it was pretty good for a school holiday sailing:

Carnival Legend 8 nights south pacific Sydney to Melbourne. January 16 2019

Balcony pack and go fare is $949, but the #1 to the fun price is $1249 and includes $500 OBC. With this fare you can pick your cabin.

There are no quad share cabins left on this sailing, but when I looked there were lots of balconies available and quite a few that were next to each other. On the Legend the balcony dividers open up so even though cabins aren't adjoining you can get to the next door cabin using the balcony. We did this on the Sun Princess and it worked well if you have older kids. And with two cabins you get $1000 OBC! 

Finishes in Melbourne so might be a one way airfare for some. we fly (or train) out of Canberra so no different for us. 

It's tempting me; thought I'd post it for others who can only go in school holidays where deals are few and far between!

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, The_Big_M said:

Another good school holiday deal.

HAL Noordam, to the south pacific islands. 14 nights. 14 Jan.

Inside is $1378/person - under $100/night.

The best deal is Balcony - $1665, so $119/night.

I’d be interested if it was a bit earlier, but Mrs G has to be at school before it returns.

On 10/28/2018 at 1:12 PM, GUT2407 said:

Just got a pack and go offer

22 Nov 2018

HAL Noordam 30 nights

Tas, SA, Qld, PNG

inside from just under $3,000, balcony a touch under $4,000.

On 10/30/2018 at 1:16 PM, boeckli said:

It's all your fault Mr. Gut - have this morning in an attack of madness (after thinking about it since your post) booked the 15 night Tas/SA portion of that cruise - very interesting itinerary. Thanks for the heads-up (even if my bank balance might not agree :classic_rolleyes:)

Thanks again Mr. Gut - It was a very enjoyable cruise (even if we had to contend with 6 m swells and +65 kn winds). It was my first HAL cruise and there's no reason for it to be the last.