New Princess Menus

Gettingwarmer

Interesting. Sounds very limited as the local menus will be only in the Caribbean, Mediterranean, Alaska and Hawaii. Nothing for Europe, South America, Pacific, etc.

Last I checked, most itineraries in the Mediterranean went to Europe... ;):p:)

Last I checked, most itineraries in the Mediterranean went to Europe... ;):p:)
True, but "Mediterranean" to me is very different from "European." When a restaurant opens up and says it's Mediterranean, I don't expect French or Italian cuisine, and chances are it won't include Moroccan, Egyptian, etc. food. Just saying. :) I'd love to see teppan or PacRim cuisine on Princess although it sounds like that's not going to happen.

True, but "Mediterranean" to me is very different from "European." When a restaurant opens up and says it's Mediterranean, I don't expect French or Italian cuisine, and chances are it won't include Moroccan, Egyptian, etc. food. Just saying. :) I'd love to see teppan or PacRim cuisine on Princess although it sounds like that's not going to happen.

Pam-

When I was on Sapphire last year in So Cal, just before they were getting ready to ship her off to Asia, they were reformulating a lot of menus, making changes and introducing new things to the food. For example in HC they added a made to order ramen station that was amazing. We did chef's table as well and it was an intimate dinner with only 6 of us. The chef and Matre'd spent a lot of time with us that night and said how they were having to train all the cooks to new menus and were bringing on chefs who specialized in pan-Asian cuisine.

So if you get on her, you might get your wish :)

David

I'm on the Regal TA and it seems we are the red headed step kids. We miss out on the naming ceremony and now we are missing the new menus. :(

You may need to change your profile pic.:rolleyes:

Mike:)

Too funny. That was my first thought as well. :D

One of my big disappointments on my second Princess cruise was that we had the same menus as before. Our first cruise was to the eastern Caribbean and our second one was to New England/Canada. Then I learned that the menus don't change much. We did get some special menu items on our cruises to Alaska, but everything else was pretty much the same.

So this new development sounds great.

I'm on the Regal TA and it seems we are the red headed step kids. We miss out on the naming ceremony and now we are missing the new menus. :(

If it is the 17 day TA cruise maybe all of those days will help with the "pain". :cool:

Pam-

When I was on Sapphire last year in So Cal, just before they were getting ready to ship her off to Asia, they were reformulating a lot of menus, making changes and introducing new things to the food. For example in HC they added a made to order ramen station that was amazing. We did chef's table as well and it was an intimate dinner with only 6 of us. The chef and Matre'd spent a lot of time with us that night and said how they were having to train all the cooks to new menus and were bringing on chefs who specialized in pan-Asian cuisine.

So if you get on her, you might get your wish :)

David

I am so happy to hear this since we will be onboard the Sapphine in 3 weeks and I was hoping they would have some regional choices.

I am so happy to hear this since we will be onboard the Sapphine in 3 weeks and I was hoping they would have some regional choices.

I'm quite sure you will have regional dishes as the Sapphire is geared to the Asian market. For the rest of us, we're going to have to wait right along with the Chocolate Journeys.

By the way, I received an email from Princess two days ago about this... I'm surprised that none of you did!