Coral Princess - "cro-nut"

Grover_

Three weeks from now I'll be on CB and I could try one. But it might spoil my Sabatini breakfast. We'll see. I like a mid morning cappacino, so maybe if there are any left???

I'm wondering if Sabatini's would have one waiting for you if you asked?????:rolleyes:

I'm wondering if it's greasy like a croissant. I realize many people love croissants but I just don't really care for them.

Sigh... If only I was onboard right now and could try one for myself. (Just in the interest of testing of course...)

How many laps of the deck equal one cronut? Methinks I might wear my shoes out!
i believe on a Grand Class about 3 laps equals a mile. Royal/Regal is 7 laps. The average person might burn as much as 90 calories per mile or 30 calories per lap (13 on Royal/Regal). It is estimated there are 400-500 calories in a cronut.

http://www.home-remedies-for-you.com/cronuts-a-nutritional-nightmare-slideshow.html

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/calories/cronut-cronut-julias-net-carbs-143450125

So, I would say around 12 to 18 laps (30-40 laps on Royal/Regal) to equal one cronut.

Edited by billco

I had heard about them so asked (several times! :o ) at the International Cafe on the Royal last February and they looked at me like I was nuts. :(

They were on the CB in February. They were labeled Croissant Doughnuts.

1655108691_8902170102_17.14IC-breakfastitemsDSC08597.jpg.755bcc7dbaa3f4c628878666baf293df.jpg

I had heard about them so asked (several times! :o ) at the International Cafe on the Royal last February and they looked at me like I was nuts. :(

Were you asking specifically for a Cronut? Because the word Cronut has been issued trademark status at the request of NYC pastry chef Dominique Ansel, who created the first (extremely lucrative and delicious) Cronut about two years ago.

It's almost impossible to copyright a recipe and there are many competitors to the Cronut out there, but Ms. Ansel has been extremely aggressive in protecting the name she came up with. Other bakers have to come up with their own name.

I'ts been a win-win situation, though; the original Cronut is delicious, as are many of her emulators product. It ends up being more delicious pastry for everybody, and that has to be a good thing!

Were you asking specifically for a Cronut? Because the word Cronut has been issued trademark status at the request of NYC pastry chef Dominique Ansel, who created the first (extremely lucrative and delicious) Cronut about two years ago.

It's almost impossible to copyright a recipe and there are many competitors to the Cronut out there, but Ms. Ansel has been extremely aggressive in protecting the name she came up with. Other bakers have to come up with their own name.

I'ts been a win-win situation, though; the original Cronut is delicious, as are many of her emulators product. It ends up being more delicious pastry for everybody, and that has to be a good thing!

No, I went through a (probably embarrassingly long and detailed :o ) explanation of a pastry that was a cross between a croissant and a donut that I had read (on here) that Princess was now making.

I know they make different pastries on different days so i tried several times.

They really had absolutely NO idea what I was talking about.

• 10 months later...

I am just home from an amazing British Isles cruise on the Royal. The one thing that wasn't amazing - the cronuts at the Internatinal Cafe!

I tried one the first morning and it was dry. I tried it for two more mornings before I abandoned my favorite treat. On previous cruises, you have to get them early or they were gone. On this cruise, they sat there all morning.

We were on the Royal again in December of 2014 and this time they DID have the cronuts and they were AMAZING!!!! I ate at least one a day ( :o ) and brought home several so friends could taste them. (They're not as good as when really fresh but they were still pretty good.)

Sorry to hear they've downgraded since December! :(