Martini Bar

MoyCoy

Oh the Lechetini is delicious. Just very mildly fruity! Not to strong.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A Leche martini sounds awful...vodka and milk (leche)...or perhaps this is a special drink where after a few you (at least the men) become a Letch.

Perhaps you are thinking of a Lichee martini as in the Lichee fruit

If you've never had a Martini you should be aware / cautious in that the pack quite a punch with their high alcohol content (many ounces not just a stardard 1-1/2 oz pour) and many use a combo of liqueurs.

The standard base ingredient in a Martini is Gin or Vodka.

A plain Martini will add to that Vermouth and a twist of lemon

A dirty Martini then Olives or a splash of Olive Juice (hence the term dirty)

Flavoured Martinis, which is a huge craze (and why Martini Bars came about) are fun, flavours come about as a result of added liquors / liqueurs or juices.

If you are new to the Martini Scene you might want to start with a Cosmopolitan... The drink that Sex In The City made famous.

A Cosmo is usually Vodka based and also include Triple Sec, Cranberry Juice and a Splash of Lime

The Martini Bar on Celebrity Ships makes a long list of exotic Martinis... Some of the faves I had in addition to the Cosmo, was The Sostice, a Firtini, and a Chocolate one

Just be aware that they go down easy... And pack a punch. And cause they are high alcohol content and have a lot of sugary ingredients (liqueurs, juice, chocolate etc) they can really dehydrate you nd give you a hangover the next day.

Fun, but it can have a price.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Thanks for the warning! How big are the individual servings in the flight?

Us martini veterans know . .

A proper martini is Beefeater ,or Tanqueray; with a measure of Noilly Prat, or Martini and Rossi dry vermouth, at about 6 to 1 (that is dry. Less just makes it cold gin, and unsophisticated!

Two is too many, three aren't enough. . .

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

We just got off the Solstice this morning and loved the Martini Bar! Some favorites of ours were the Peartini, Fresca Martini and Lycheetini. All excellent and the bartenders were awesome, we had a great time there.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

The lycheetini is my favorite martini. It is garnished with a lychee fruit, which is really tasty. I thought it looked and tasted like melted orange sorbet. Yummy! The first martini I tried was the sunset martini, and I thought it was very strong and did not taste nearly as good as it looked.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Bombay Saphire Martini just a little dirty...

Bombay Saphire is a king of gin owned by Barcardi. The flavouring of the drink comes from a recipe of ten ingredients (which the bottle's label boasts as "10 exotic botanicals"): almond, lemon peel, liquorice, juniper berries, orris root, angelica, coriander, cassia, cubeb, and grains of paradise. The spirit is triple distilled using a carterhead still, and the alcohol vapours are passed through a mesh/basket containing the ten botanicals, in order to gain flavour and aroma. This gives a lighter, more floral gin rather than the more-common 'punchy' gins that are distilled using a copper pot still.

Dennis & Sue

myticker.jpg

Sapphire is too aromatic for me I will stick to the original Bombay, if Boodles isn't available. :D

Edited by maxsales

Thanks for the warning! How big are the individual servings in the flight?

This is a picture of the mini martinis........gives you an idea of

what they look like:)

4136900611_d2ac769221_b.jpg

Cheapest gin straight out of the bottle hidden in a brown paper sack sharing with my friends sitting on a park bench brings back many fond memories.:D Occasionally if we were lucky we would find a cup in the trash can and use that for a dirty martini. ;)

Drink up 🍸🍸🍸🍸🍸🍸🍸

My favourite is the Sunset Martini with the Lychee a close second.

If you move onto the Molecule bar then try the Ginger Mojito, its amazing, but I would definitely steer clear of the Avocado Mezcal

My memories of the Martini Bar

[IMG]http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/08/23/09baa10e9c14881a54493e746847e7fc.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/08/23/6958ea093453b3971ef4e9cc83db7022.jpg[/IMG]

[quote name='Pushka']My memories of the Martini Bar

[IMG]http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/08/23/09baa10e9c14881a54493e746847e7fc.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/08/23/6958ea093453b3971ef4e9cc83db7022.jpg[/IMG][/quote]

Those drinks look sooooo good right now.:D We have been under a
heat wave....over 100 today:eek:...and they look so cool and tasty!

[quote name='Toodums80']We just got off the Solstice this morning and loved the Martini Bar! Some favorites of ours were the Peartini, Fresca Martini and Lycheetini. All excellent and the bartenders were awesome, we had a great time there.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app[/QUOTE]

Last year I heard on my roll call that the martini ine top was broken on the Solstice. Is it working?

[quote name='Lois R']This is a picture of the mini martinis........gives you an idea of
what they look like:)

[IMG]https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2612/4136900611_d2ac769221_b.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Oh My! If they are as powerful as Sloop-John says they are.. wooopie :eek:

Do you remember how much it was? Edited by MoyCoy

[quote name='MoyCoy']Oh My! If they are as powerful as Sloop says they are.. wooopie :eek:

Do you remember how much it was?[/quote]

Hi,:) they are not all that strong....depends on the drink really.
(In my opinion anyway). That was in 2009.....5 years ago......I
really don't remember the price:eek:......maybe someone who has
ordered one recently can give you a price.

All of those drinks that you see lined up are probably from the martini demonstration that they usually hold nightly and it is indicated in the Daily paper. The BT makes the drinks and then does a continuous pour, many have posted it on UTube. After the demonstration they pass the drinks out as free samples.

The martini flight consists of 4 small martinis and was $15.

Drink up 🍸🍺🍻☕

:eek:[quote name='groryjm']My favourite is the Sunset Martini with the Lychee a close second.

If you move onto the Molecule bar then try the Ginger Mojito, its amazing, but I would definitely steer clear of the Avocado Mezcal[/QUOTE]

Thank You.:p

I can see how the premium package could save you ALOT of money.:eek:

[quote name='miched']All of those drinks that you see lined up are probably from the martini demonstration that they usually hold nightly and it is indicated in the Daily paper. The BT makes the drinks and then does a continuous pour, many have posted it on UTube. After the demonstration they pass the drinks out as free samples.

The martini flight consists of 4 small martinis and was $15.

Drink up ������☕[/quote]

They must have changed it.....every flight I have ordered has had
6 small martinis.

Actually, if you look at the photo.....the guy is holding his seapass card and so they were being charged for those
drinks.....that cruise was the first revenued cruise on EQUINOX after she came across the Atlantic......brand
new in Nov 2009. It was a 4 night cruise. Edited by Lois R