Past final payment... and prices CRASH... (again!)

teecee60

Prices for the Constellation's 11 night, last-Black-Sea-cruise-of-the-season just dropped to $549pp! :)

Her 11 night repositioning cruise through the Holy Land to Rome is down to $599pp... :D

...and her 16 night transatlantic to FLL is $899pp :cool:

A 38 night b2b2b on Celebrity for $2,047pp with a total of $825 OBC! :eek:

SSOOO many deals, just not enough time. ;)

Prices for the Constellation's 11 night, last-Black-Sea-cruise-of-the-season just dropped to $549pp! :)

Her 11 night repositioning cruise through the Holy Land to Rome is down to $599pp... :D

They are desperate to fill the ship, personally I wouldn't go near the Holy Land at the moment.

Our governments advice is ' don't approach Gaza by Sea.'

Ashdod is within striking distance of the rockets.

I do think Celebrity now should be announcing changes to their itineraries. They keep saying they are reviewing the situation, but they're not making announcements.:eek:

As someone who is on a Holy Land cruise I am glad that X is waiting until the last minute to make a decision re Israel. As I see it anyone who made the commitment of making final payment did so knowing that Israel may still be dropped, and that the uncertainty would most probably result in lower prices after final payment. It looks like the situation in Israel could still go either way, and there are still 8 weeks before we sail, and by then the situation may be clearer. I'm still hoping for Israel, but am realistic enough to know that it may not happen.

Anybody booking now will know the risks of itinerary change, so good luck to them if they can find a really good deal!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Come join the transatlantic itinerary... it world be great to see you again.

Sent from my Samsung Note 2 on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network

As someone who is on a Holy Land cruise I am glad that X is waiting until the last minute to make a decision re Israel. As I see it anyone who made the commitment of making final payment did so knowing that Israel may still be dropped, and that the uncertainty would most probably result in lower prices after final payment. It looks like the situation in Israel could still go either way, and there are still 8 weeks before we sail, and by then the situation may be clearer. I'm still hoping for Israel, but am realistic enough to know that it may not happen.

Anybody booking now will know the risks of itinerary change, so good luck to them if they can find a really good deal!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are with you, X can wait til the day before we are due to arrive in Israel... I feel it is safe... we talked to family and friends who live near Ashdod on Sunday. Haifa is always an option, tours can operate from Haifa just as easily. On prior cruises, we have spent the entire time in Haifa if there was some action over there. We have been traveling to Israel, since l983.... we have not concern about going now at all.

If you are past final payment and are booked these prices do not help you. These prices are for new bookings only. I tried

Is this on Tuesday specials? Can you please send the link?

For some reason I am not getting the notifications any more.

thank you

This is exactly why we usually book inside the final payment window.

Over the past few years we have had three cruises in the Med at unheard of pricing simply because of the misinformed hype from TA's and and grossly exaggerated so called news reports from CNN. That plus a couple of wonderful land trips to Greece and to Turkey. I suspect that the State Dept. very much works on the CYA approach.

I don't think Teecee60 is in pain at all. He/she is just alerting the rest of us to some of the great deals like he/she has already found as on the 23 day San Francisco to Sydney for $799. I would have been on that one if DH hadn't had to work!! Thank you very much for your post Teecee. Maybe you should take up the position on CC as finder of all the good deals:D

Prices on Holy Land cruise are lower than this. Check directly with Celebrity web site.

$599 pp inside

$799 pp OV

$999 pp veranda

$1,099 pp concierge

$1,199 pp aqua

$2,049 pp suite

All are for guarantees. I was able to upgrade from inside to concierge for $280 total (single occupancy) after final payment with no cancellation penalty. I didn't have 123 but if you do, you will lose it. For me, it was a no brainer, but each person has to evaluate for themselves.

I booked the cruise more for istanbul than Israel, and though I will be disappointed if we do not reach Israel, the other ports are still excellent. Especially for 1,099 pp concierge.:D

Edited by ptrpanpens

TAs are prices are way higher this , they are up so much I could not book it :(

So I am on a holy land cruise for a very very very good price , with much better ports then a TA

;-)

Yes 2014 TA prices a little higher this year but there still may be deals closer to sailing. However, like you I am very happy with what I ended up paying for the Constellation Holy Land cruise wherever it ends up going.:D

Holy crap. What cabin level are you quoting? Insane prices.

Prices on Holy Land cruise are lower than this. Check directly with Celebrity web site.

$599 pp inside

$799 pp OV

$999 pp veranda

$1,099 pp concierge

$1,199 pp aqua

$2,049 pp suite

All are for guarantees. I was able to upgrade from inside to concierge for $280 total (single occupancy) after final payment with no cancellation penalty. I didn't have 123 but if you do, you will lose it. For me, it was a no brainer, but each person has to evaluate for themselves.

I booked the cruise more for istanbul than Israel, and though I will be disappointed if we do not reach Israel, the other ports are still excellent. Especially for 1,099 pp concierge.:D

1099 PP concierge for 11 nights??? Holy crap! That's a steal.

Sometimes it's like magic, what you think you see is illusion. Let me give an example using the Trans Atlantic on November 4th. I booked the cruise earlier this year and paid $2817.06 for my DW and I in a 2B. Received gratuities and $350 in OBC. The Exciting Deal mentioned in this thread is $2877.06 for a Guarantee. No free gratuities, no OBC offered. The 2B is currently $3347.06. I also had a good choice of cabins and options for Choice Air. Sometimes it really is a good deal, sometimes it's not. Need to do your research.

I know it's tacky to mention actual price paid but in this specific case I wanted to provide a comparison in real numbers. I don't mind at all if someone comes back saying they got a better deal. I'm happy with my deal and glad if some can improve on it.

Edited by Orator

Yes 2014 TA prices a little higher this year but there still may be deals closer to sailing. However, like you I am very happy with what I ended up paying for the Constellation Holy Land cruise wherever it ends up going.:D

A little :eek:

In Canadian dollars my last 4 TAs

equinox nov 2012, book inside $599, upgrade to balcony $799, $300 obc

Silhouette April 2013 Aqu, $999, $350 obc and drink package

Equinox Nov 2013, 1b, $1150 with drink package , $75 obc

Silhouette April 2014, book inside $634 with $350 obc, got upgrade to 2b

Was hoping for TA, this fall , but no good

Silhouette Holy land cruise, Oct 4 2014, $499 with $300obc , no upgrade

I wonder since the TAs are all leaving before US Thanksgiving, is that driving up the price ? :confused:

Sometimes it's like magic, what you think you see is illusion. Let me give an example using the Trans Atlantic on November 4th. I booked the cruise earlier this year and paid $2817.06 for my DW and I in a 2B. Received gratuities and $350 in OBC. The Exciting Deal mentioned in this thread is $2877.06 for a Guarantee. No free gratuities, no OBC offered. The 2B is currently $3347.06. I also had a good choice of cabins and options for Choice Air. Sometimes it really is a good deal, sometimes it's not. Need to do your research.

I know it's tacky to mention actual price paid but in this specific case I wanted to provide a comparison in real numbers. I don't mind at all if someone comes back saying they got a better deal. I'm happy with my deal and glad if some can improve on it.

Yes of course all things must be factored in. It's always in your best interest to do the math before making any decisions when it comes to these "upgrades". Also depends on what is important to each person - to some, the drink package is actually worth the 44 bucks a day to them whereas to me, it's worth about 12. Everything has to be factored in. And well, in general for last minute deals if you require airfare, the air will eat up the difference in cost.

Come join the transatlantic itinerary... it world be great to see you again.

Sent from my Samsung Note 2 on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network

Doing the Reflection T/A again this fall, got THAT one for $649pp w/$350 OBC.

Is this on Tuesday specials? Can you please send the link?

For some reason I am not getting the notifications any more.

thank you

The prices/perks I quoted are NOT from the "exciting deals" list. And yes, they ARE for new bookings only, AND only for an inside cabin. ;)

You can usually find incredible rates AND added perks on one (or more) of the many online sites (that can't be mentioned here) specializing in last minute cruise deals on a 90 day ticker.

You can combine the small OBC amounts THEY offer, ($25-$200) with the RCCL shareholder OBC of $200-$250. If you can live with an inside cabin, and booking less than 60 days out, you can cruise Celebrity for $30-$40/night. :eek:

One way flight through Choice Air (on Delta) to Istanbul is only $444 from Atlanta or Miami, and only $509 from MSP!

The rates, the OBC, the Elite perks, and the Choice Air fares, all make transatlantic cruising absolutely DIRT cheap. :cool:

Edited by teecee60

Having to duck and cover for potential incoming missiles is not a deal imo.

I actually feel badly for Celebrity on this one because their pricing reflects the terrible situation there. But for people brave enough, I guess it's great.

Doing the Reflection T/A again this fall, got THAT one for $649pp w/$350 OBC.

The prices/perks I quoted are NOT from the "exciting deals" list. And yes, they ARE for new bookings only, AND only for an inside cabin. ;)

You can usually find incredible rates AND added perks on one (or more) of the many online sites (that can't be mentioned here) specializing in last minute cruise deals on a 90 day ticker.

You can combine the small OBC amounts THEY offer, ($25-$200) with the RCCL shareholder OBC of $200-$250. If you can live with an inside cabin, and booking less than 60 days out, you can cruise Celebrity for $30-$40/night. :eek:

One way flight through Choice Air (on Delta) to Istanbul is only $444 from Atlanta or Miami, and only $509 from MSP!

The rates, the OBC, the Elite perks, and the Choice Air fares, all make transatlantic cruising absolutely DIRT cheap. :cool:

I just checked and one way LAX to Istanbul for the Constellation cruise is as low as $368 on Delta, Open jaw to Istanbul and back from Rome about $909, if you want to go for low fare only. On a RT I usually am willing to pay a little more to book direct through the airline, but for OW transatlantics, choice air cannot be beaten for huge price differences compared to the OW airline fares.

And it is correct, you have to do your homework. I started out with a single occupancy OV for $3,800 with 123 on the cruise, downgraded to an inside for $1,918 with no 123, and upgraded back to a $2,198 concierge without 123 but with OBC from the TA. Also, my insurance cost went down about $150 for booking the lower price. Prices are for illustration only.

I could have had a veranda for only $1,998 but chose to pay $200 more for a concierge, which are larger on M class ships. My goal is not always the cheapest price, but the best deal for a cabin I want. And I think $2,198 for concierge (single occupancy) is a great deal so am a happy camper.:D i have been checking this cruise many times a day for price drops so glad it finally paid off and now I can relax and get a life!

There were over 230 cabins available on this cruise before todays deals, so no wonder they finally had to lower prices. Good timing, too since the Israelis and Hamas just agreed to a cease fire, so perhaps things are looking up.