Regal Princess Night Sky Lounge

azdmelani

No...completely separate location..but as I said on another thread, this Retreat Pool area tends to be very windy...

Yeah, I knew they were separate but I thought that they were close enough that one blasting movies and one blasting tunes may overlap. And you're right...the wind would not be good.

I wonder if there is always a bar in that location or are they bringing back Issac and his little table with a few bottles? :eek:.

There actually is a "real" bar in the Sanctuary area.

I know for certain I wouldn't pay for this. If it's HIP as advertised it definitely isn't for me. Probably has snazzy lights and loud hip hop "music". I can't really even handle Skywalker's in the evening because it's so dang loud and I tend to not like the "music" much.

I'm not what one would describe as hip at any time. I wasn't even particularly cool back when I was young (even though I had very long hair and muttonchop sideburns. :D) I'm better described these days as Grandpa. (Best dang job I ever had!)

When I listen to Sirius radio I tend to go between stations like 40's on 4, 50's on 5, 60's on 6, 70's on 7, Classic Rewind, Classic Vinal, Deep Tracks, etc. Hip Hop isn't on my radar....

I am with you on most of those points. The only thing I can't claim is Grandpa, but, Uncle, many times over works well for me.

I think the idea is that if people pay a cover charge to enter they will be likely to stay longer. Also the "exclusive" nature of a club charging admission is thought to attract more people. Somehow I think this will have the opposite effect. I see the "nominal fee" going away quickly and the club idea vanishing soon afterwards.

I think the idea is that if people pay a cover charge to enter they will be likely to stay longer. Also the "exclusive" nature of a club charging admission is thought to attract more people. Somehow I think this will have the opposite effect. I see the "nominal fee" going away quickly and the club idea vanishing soon afterwards.

My sentiments as well. Here's my post from the "other" thread:

It will be interesting to see how long this will be in existence considering the lack of participation in free venues with the "hip" music DJs on our last couple of cruises. There were special party dancing nights in Skywalkers and in the Explorers Lounges on both the Ruby and the Star and none of them were well attended nor did they last very long into the night. I may go one time to satisfy my curiosity on our December Regal cruise.

Overall, I'm thinking "nominal fee" equals nominal participation. Only time will tell.

Edited by ar1950

Lol, yes as Princess nightclubs are always overflowing I can see how they now want to charge for them ;)

Yes, they manage to think up one dumb idea after another. I think I'm not going anywhere on the Regal any time soon.

This was another concept that was floated by the "members" of the Private Princess Community. The seemed to be going for a Vegas vibe and I mentioned the wind factor and suggested that they try out the concept at Skywalkers. It wasn't mentioned though that there would be a cover charge. I know that they are aiming younger, but I think this concept won't last very long.

No...completely separate location..but as I said on another thread, this Retreat Pool area tends to be very windy...

They apparently fixed the wind problem on Regal. And, it's only one night. I'd give it a try at least once.

There actually is a "real" bar in the Sanctuary area.

I am with you on most of those points. The only thing I can't claim is Grandpa, but, Uncle, many times over works well for me.

Actually, the "real" bar is in the Retreat area, not the Sanctuary area.

Don't like the idea of a cover charge but Princess is probably looking at ways to increase revenue. This might work in the Caribbean, but I doubt it would work on port intensive cruises in the Med and especially on the port intensive and cold Baltic cruises where the Regal will be sailing next summer. Maybe a niche offering during the Caribbean season but we don't do the Caribbean anymore.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by IECalCruiser

They apparently fixed the wind problem on Regal. And, it's only one night. I'd give it a try at least once.

I think that the only wind problem fixed was in the cabanas and that was done by putting up glass (or Plexiglas) dividers between them. My guess is the venue will be offered on a night when there is a short distance between ports, thus, a slow sailing and a minimizing of the wind issue.

It's actually the most appealing thing I've heard about the new ships (except for the caviar at the Ocean Terrace). I'd be there, assuming the nominal charge is in fact nominal. One wonders about entry control: do they stamp your hand? Or perhaps issue you a surplus RFID wristband scrounged from a dumpster outside Royal Caribbean's headquarters?

I originally posted "horrible idea"... but the more I think about it, I can see how I may consider paying a cover charge. In my experience, the night club experience on Princess is more like a very bad wedding reception. If they hired a professional DJ and had a true fun club style atmosphere, I'd be willing to pay a minimal cover charge. Although I love Princess, I have to admit they are lacking in the night life.

I originally posted "horrible idea"... but the more I think about it, I can see how I may consider paying a cover charge. In my experience, the night club experience on Princess is more like a very bad wedding reception. If they hired a professional DJ and had a true fun club style atmosphere, I'd be willing to pay a minimal cover charge. Although I love Princess, I have to admit they are lacking in the night life.

Although, in my experience, in Princess speak, nominal cover charge does not equal minimal cover charge.

Edited by ar1950

Oh no! I'm on the Royal Princess in Dec and I was looking forward to trying out the nightclub! Bad wedding reception doesn't sound fun at all lol. Although mind you when I saw our particular 'nightclub' on youtube, it didn't look like a club at all :eek: It's our first time cruising so I have no idea what to expect :)

I can't imagine paying to enter a nightclub to buy drinks! Unless the drinks will be complimentary after the nominal fee. Somehow I don't think so! :eek:

Cheers, Denise

If you believe that, would you also be interested in buying the Brooklyn Bridge that I have up for sale.....:D:D:D

Bob

If you believe that, would you also be interested in buying the Brooklyn Bridge that I have up for sale.....:D:D:D

Bob

You must have seen the winks!! ;) Of course, I don't believe it. I would love to buy the Brooklyn Bridge however since I was born there. How much?

What I do know is this.....on the Royal I was talking to a lady at the Retreat pool, we were both standing and the wind knocked her drink right out of her hand!! I can't imagine a Night Club up there.

Cheers, Denise