wet swimwear in elevator

ping1

it is not always wet floors from the those in hot tubs and the pools....:confused:

quite often "Mother Nature" will wreak havoc and rain on your parade errrrr meant cruise....:(

yes things will get wet when asea....:)

Happy Sailing to all....:D

YIKES ~ check out this video ~ note 2:45 into the video....:eek:

Edited by 2004corvette

But in all honestly id say 95% of the people dry off with a towel before they get out of the pool

This may be the problem. It's usually a lot better to dry off with a towel after you get out of the pool:eek:

The towels are absorbent...dry off! Sit down (on the towel) for about 3-5 mins....you won't be "dripping" as you return to your cabin. And yes...put a tee shirt on, or a coverup...something! You shouldn't be wandering about in swimsuit only when you're not at the pool (or beach)....

You are NOT allowed to go into the WJ in only a swimsuit, wet or not! They do not want to see your belly or butt....so put something over your suit!!!

So how are we supposed to do that when you can't find a freaking chair to sit on?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Forums mobile app

If a wet person in a bathing suit is the biggest thing you have to complain about, I'd say you had a great cruise. :p

Dan.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Forums mobile app

I would never have given this a second thought....let alone start a thread about it....LOL....OMG :D

Has anyone experienced passengers in swimwear with no cover-up or towels and barefoot in the elevators? Some passenger's swimsuits were wet, and some were barefoot---making wet tracks through the hall and dripping in the elevator.

Remember when you had to wear a cover-up (or towel) when you were walking through the halls or in the Windjammer/Dining room? "Awkward!"

So what did GR say when you advised them of this?

Edited by davekathy

Since so few people find it ok. I will agree! Until the time comes that he or she decides to shake like a wet dog and spray the entire elevator...Then and only then will I remind myself, there are no standards, there are no rules, thou shalt not object to anything someone might say or do on a ship....other wise I will be labelled...the horror....

New Rule: To avoid dripping water from wet bathing suits, bathing suits will be removed before leaving the pool deck.:D

YES!!!!! :eek::D

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using Forums mobile app.

New Rule: To avoid dripping water from wet bathing suits, bathing suits will be removed before leaving the pool deck.:D

YES!!!!! :eek::D

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using Forums mobile app.

I wouldn't get too excited Dan considering some of the things I've seen when bathing suits are removed on Orient Beach on St. Maarten.

While I'm in favor of dressing and behaving in a civilized manner, I say this topic is much ado about nothing...

Mrs. Pete, you on right on target. Talk about a first world problem!:rolleyes:

Edited by tip

While I'm in favor of dressing and behaving in a civilized manner, I say this topic is much ado about nothing:

- Even if you haven't dried yourself well, the elevators are a bit of a walk, and in the hot Caribbean sun, you're probably not going to be literally dripping by the time you reach the elevators. I can't say that I've personally seen anyone who was so wet that his or her feet "squished" on the carpet.

- If you're not wearing shoes, and a cover-up, you'll be turned away from the Windjammer. I've seen this rule enforced.

- And most people do have the common courtesy to wear a swim cover-up when they're coming and going to the pool. Oh, you might see the occasional teenager who thinks it's fine to parade about in a bikini, but you're not likely to encounter large numbers of such folks. Nor are you likely to find many people who mistake their bath robes for public wear.

I agree it's much ado about nothing. But, it takes about 10 seconds to walk from the pool to the elevators on most ships, if someone went straight to the elevators they WOULD still be dripping and soaked. "hot Caribbean sun" doesn't dry things off that fast......:rolleyes:

How exactly are they supposed to get back to their room if they just got out of the pool, dried off as best as possible and left the pool towel at the towel station on the pool deck?

I don't turn in my pool towel every time I leave the pool -- I just exchange it for a dry one....then I wrap it around my waist as I walk back to my cabin.

Mrs. Pete, you on right on target. Talk about a first world problem!:rolleyes:

I would expect first world problems to dominate the conversations on a website that deals with multimillion dollar cruise ships and the people that spend thousands of dollars to sail on them.

Has anyone experienced passengers in swimwear with no cover-up or towels and barefoot in the elevators? Some passenger's swimsuits were wet, and some were barefoot---making wet tracks through the hall and dripping in the elevator.

Remember when you had to wear a cover-up (or towel) when you were walking through the halls or in the Windjammer/Dining room? "Awkward!"

Why is it awkward? They are in a bathing suit ,so what? They werent in the dining hall.I didnt know there was a dress code for riding the elevator back to your room.lol

Honestly if thats what you are complaining about you need to loosen up just a bit.There are alot of people in this world that are not as uptight as you and you met one.lol!!

I agree if they are dripping water its a safety issue but theres a chance of the elevators on the pool deck to be slippery in the common area.It is what it is.

I agree it's much ado about nothing. But, it takes about 10 seconds to walk from the pool to the elevators on most ships, if someone went straight to the elevators they WOULD still be dripping and soaked. "hot Caribbean sun" doesn't dry things off that fast......:rolleyes:
To be argumentative, I'd say that you COULD make it to the elevators IF you jumped out of the pool and walked quickly to the nearest elevator. I could see someone doing this if, say, they'd suddenly taken ill.

In reality, most of us get out of the pool, dry ourselves at least a bit, put on our cover-up, return the towel, gather our things from the pool chair, slip on our shoes, and walk through the crowded pool deck without pushing and shoving -- maybe even stopping into the buffet for a drink to take back to the room. And quite a few of us will walk to the aft or forward elevator because it'd be closer to our rooms than the most central elevators. That's not all going to happen in 10 seconds, providing more time to dry a bit.

I have experience this on the Freedom last year, but the air conditioning was running really cold, so I didn't make a complaint.:D

To be argumentative, I'd say that you COULD make it to the elevators IF you jumped out of the pool and walked quickly to the nearest elevator. I could see someone doing this if, say, they'd suddenly taken ill.

In reality, most of us get out of the pool, dry ourselves at least a bit, put on our cover-up, return the towel, gather our things from the pool chair, slip on our shoes, and walk through the crowded pool deck without pushing and shoving -- maybe even stopping into the buffet for a drink to take back to the room. And quite a few of us will walk to the aft or forward elevator because it'd be closer to our rooms than the most central elevators. That's not all going to happen in 10 seconds, providing more time to dry a bit.

Radiance, Voyager, Freedom, and Oasis class ships have two sets of elevators forward and central. Which ones are you using in the back of the ship?

How do you dry off before you get out of the pool?

All the time I dry off. AFter I get out I sit in my chair and relax then go back to my room. how about you ?

I have a pool in my backyard all my life growing up I knew the rules were not to go in the house soaking wet :D

fyi: hope the Belleville Bulls have a great season

Edited by trev71