Oasis-ants in the cabin

shipty2

My good friend just got off of Oasis and reported back to us that he had ants in his cabin. He did complain to guest services and offered a different cabin for one night so they could spray his. This friend was traveling with his wife and three young children in two adjoining cabins. He also happens to be a doctor and was very concerned about his kids inhaling these pesticides.

So now I am curious if Royal offers the same type of vacation guarantee that other cruise lines have-the kind where the cruiseline will fly you home if you are not satisfied with your vacation. So do they?

And for the pro-passport folks, it mentions passports are required to be flown home from certain (most) destinations.

But something would have to be pretty bad to pack up and head home in the first 24 hours. Even with a 110% refund and airfare. Guess they would be happy to be rid of those folks! Wonder how many actually take the offer. Probably a topic for the other cruise line forum.

And for the pro-passport folks, it mentions passports are required to be flown home from certain (most) destinations.

But something would have to be pretty bad to pack up and head home in the first 24 hours. Even with a 110% refund and airfare. Guess they would be happy to be rid of those folks! Wonder how many actually take the offer. Probably a topic for the other cruise line forum.

Does that mean if you don't have a passport, you get to finish the cruise and get a refund?

My good friend just got off of Oasis and reported back to us that he had ants in his cabin. He did complain to guest services and offered a different cabin for one night so they could spray his. This friend was traveling with his wife and three young children in two adjoining cabins. He also happens to be a doctor and was very concerned about his kids inhaling these pesticides.

So now I am curious if Royal offers the same type of vacation guarantee that other cruise lines have-the kind where the cruiseline will fly you home if you are not satisfied with your vacation. So do they?

280110_280x210.gif

My personal and uninformed and non-scientific opinion: Ants have to be brought onto a cruise ship by passengers. Passengers with food. And he is lucky that there was another cabin. I understood that this cruise was not only sold out, but oversubscribed.

280110_280x210.gif

My personal and uninformed and non-scientific opinion: Ants have to be brought onto a cruise ship by passengers. Passengers with food. And he is lucky that there was another cabin. I understood that this cruise was not only sold out, but oversubscribed.

Agree, and depending on where the cruise was the previous week, they could also have been stowaways in some native "crafts" that the previous occupant brought back onboard. :eek:

Does that mean if you don't have a passport, you get to finish the cruise and get a refund?

I think it means it's "your problem". If you think there is a possibility of being disembarked in a foreign land you should have a passport. Yes, Carnival says they will get you home, but if you are not eligible I think Carnivals liability ends there.

I think it means it's "your problem". If you think there is a possibility of being disembarked in a foreign land you should have a passport. Yes, Carnival says they will get you home, but if you are not eligible I think Carnivals liability ends there.

So, you think they'd just leave you somewhere and give you your money back? I doubt that. I suspect the more likely answer is that the guarantee just doesn't apply.

So, you think they'd just leave you somewhere and give you your money back? I doubt that. I suspect the more likely answer is that the guarantee just doesn't apply.

Agree with you, which is what I mean by it's YOUR problem. If you don't meet the eligibility requirements for Carnival to fly you home, why should they keep you on the ship AND refund you. They won't.

Did your friend say if there were any uncles in his cabin as well? The ship was oversold, not sure how there would have been another cabin to offer?

We were on this 2 day cruise as well. Had no ants in our cabin (deck 9 aft). Saw no ants anywhere...not even in Central Park, where I could see the possibility of them existing within the plants and soil used here.

Our stateroom was exceptional! Just wish the rest of the cruise had been as stellar! But then, I think this whole 2 day fill in cruise completely threw the crew off their game. They ran out of food at breakfast in Windjammer on Sunday! Had no fresh eggs for breakfast on Monday! By looking at some of the "fresh" fruit that was offered daily, I suspect they may not have completely re-provisioned the ship for this sailing, thinking they could squeak by for a quick turn around cruise and then get fully restocked for the TA.

We were on the Celebrity Constellation last fall on a Greece/Turkey cruise with friends in an Oceanview cabin. Same problem with ants, friend went down to guest services in middle of night. They offered her a cabin change in middle of night but she wasn't going to wake hubby. Cabin stewards in morning said they didn't see ants when they came by but she saw them again and scooped them into a baggie to show guest services. They were upgraded quickly to a midship deck 8 balcony, got free dinner at specialty restaurant, and offered a hefty OBC for their next cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey Roe,

Long time no see. How was the Oasis? We are on her in November. You are always one step ahead of me.:)

Bill

Hi Bill!:) The Oasis is really an incredible ship....we LOVE her. The entertainment is spectacular, IMO, the best at sea. She is easy to navigate, easy to find empty lounge chairs...yes even on sea days. Very unique ship with so much to do. Our two experiences on her were fantastic. This second time around we thought the service and food were even better than last time. My guess is you will have a great cruise....ENJOY!;)

280110_280x210.gif

Is that annoying bug that you added to your posts just for this thread about bugs or is it going to be around for awhile?:eek: