Solarium Roofs

I too have never seen them open. I just chalk it up to "it's too expensive" to fix, maintain etc. Much like I have never seen the revolving bar move on any of the Radiance ships. It functions without the movement, so why spend the money for parts to fix it. Neither of these affect my cruise either way, so I could care less.

What revolving bar? What have I missed?

Shirley, Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I certainly understand the sentiment. I did see once on Jewel where they opened the roof 6 feet to let full shine and air over the plants near the roof.

cracked.jpg

Now that I think about it, they had also repainted the pool that week, so they were probably allowing paint fumes out.

the plants are silk, so it probably didn't help them much ;) On a different note, we've been on Radiance, Jewel, Brilliance, and Enchantment when they opened the roof :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by orville99

I've NEVER seen the roof opened...that's the worst thing, for me! I enjoy being able to make use of the solarium, but with a glass cover, you can't sun....awful.

I could understand a covered pool on cool weather routes, but in the Caribbean, open the damn roof!

I too have never seen them open. I just chalk it up to "it's too expensive" to fix, maintain etc. Much like I have never seen the revolving bar move on any of the Radiance ships. It functions without the movement, so why spend the money for parts to fix it. Neither of these affect my cruise either way, so I could care less.

What's a revolving bar!

It seems like the Oasis class has the perfect solarium with the open slits. It still let's fresh air in while the glass protects you from the sun. The only bad thing is that it seems that the pool itself is much smaller than on other ships.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

It seems like the Oasis class has the perfect solarium with the open slits. It still let's fresh air in while the glass protects you from the sun. The only bad thing is that it seems that the pool itself is much smaller than on other ships.

Maybe it was our weather, but when we cruised on Allure, I found the Solarium to be excessively hot, so much so that we did not stay there long. Plus, the mini-pool size didn't help.

Maybe it was our weather, but when we cruised on Allure, I found the Solarium to be excessively hot, so much so that we did not stay there long. Plus, the mini-pool size didn't help.

I agree,

Two summers in row, we sailed the Allure.

Both times we stayed in the solarium, maybe 10 min.

9 of those were in the crowded pool.

1 min. to leave.

Too hot (hey I know is July, but still, thought the sea breezes and the design would keep it cool)..........not.

Sea Ya

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I think Oasis/Allure have the worst solarium roofs. The area cannot be air conditioned and the glass that is present seems to cut down on the air circulation. I find it uncomfortably hot in the area.

I've NEVER seen the roof opened...that's the worst thing, for me! I enjoy being able to make use of the solarium, but with a glass cover, you can't sun....awful.

I could understand a covered pool on cool weather routes, but in the Caribbean, open the damn roof!

Or just choose one one of the multitude of open deck space options and let the folks who appreciate being able to get out of the hot Caribbean sun into an air conditioned area have their space.:rolleyes:

I totally agree - it was like a greenhouse in the Allure solarium. Very steamy and excessively hot. And the pool is ridiculously small.

I totally agree - it was like a greenhouse in the Allure solarium. Very steamy and excessively hot. And the pool is ridiculously small.

Hopefully Oasis 3 will have changes with perhaps an improved slotted solarium roof and a more functional sized pool. Agree that for all the design positives with this ship class the Solarium definitely falls short.