Lyn

this morning's email

Book a cruise this weekend & you could win a free Carribbean cruise

Not what I expect from Oceania

along with the 5+ sale flyers I recieved snail mail this week

It is only the begining I am afraid :eek:

Lyn

O my, where has all the O class gone. SO soon,,,,,,

Shows you what I know..I thought it was a great marketing idea by OCEANIA (not NCL) to get business in a notorious part of the year for being slow with few bookings..the difference is usually the contests are not for the clients..

I cant forsee any imput from NCL on O's policies until at least December....

Jancruz1

Edited by Jancruz

I got that also and was wondering whatever happened to the "no purchase necessary to win" aspect of sweepstakes. I'm sure somehow this doesn't apply here.

It's there if you look at terms and conditions. You can connect to a Google form to fill out. Haven't tried it, but the link was there.

I got that also and was wondering whatever happened to the "no purchase necessary to win" aspect of sweepstakes. I'm sure somehow this doesn't apply here.

Your 100% right, if NO PURCHASE is not on the form, Oceania is breaking the law. And giving away a free cruise in a cabin most people wouldn't stay in is much of a prize. I was in marketing--this is a nothing promotion for the you as a customers of Oceania.

Rick

In the past 10 yrs of Oceania I can count on one hand the promotions like this one

It has nothing to do with the NCL buyout .......YET

Just not use to seeing such promotions along with other things I noticed on the last cruise

They are trying to drum up business ...good for them but not what I expect from a premium line

YMMD

Lyn

*NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES (D.C.) AND CANADA (EXCL. QC) 21 YEARS AND OLDER. VOID IN QC AND WHERE PROHIBITED. Promotion runs 12:05 a.m. ET on September 6, 2014 to 11:55 p.m. ET on September 8, 2014. For Official Rules, prize descriptions and odds disclosure, visit http://www.oceaniacruises.com/sweeps2014/. If Canadian resident, mathematical skill-testing question must be correctly answered to win. One Grand Prize (value $3,598). Sponsor: Prestige Cruise Holdings, Inc., 8300 Northwest 33rd Street, Suite 100, Miami, FL 33122 U.S.A.

Ships' Registry: Marshall Islands.

Oceania Cruises, Regatta, Insignia, Nautica, Marina, Riviera are trademarks of Prestige Cruise Holdings, Inc.

Oceania Cruises, Inc. | 8300 NW 33rd St., Ste. 100 | Miami, FL 33122

This was on the Email from O

Jamcruz1

*NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES (D.C.) AND CANADA (EXCL. QC) 21 YEARS AND OLDER. VOID IN QC AND WHERE PROHIBITED. Promotion runs 12:05 a.m. ET on September 6, 2014 to 11:55 p.m. ET on September 8, 2014. For Official Rules, prize descriptions and odds disclosure, visit http://www.oceaniacruises.com/sweeps2014/. If Canadian resident, mathematical skill-testing question must be correctly answered to win. One Grand Prize (value $3,598). Sponsor: Prestige Cruise Holdings, Inc., 8300 Northwest 33rd Street, Suite 100, Miami, FL 33122 U.S.A.

Oceania Cruises, Regatta, Insignia, Nautica, Marina, Riviera are trademarks of Prestige Cruise Holdings, Inc.

Jamcruz1

I entered and I hope I win

Those who are put off by this "cheap trick unbefitting of an upscale cruise line" do not enter as to increase my chances. LOLOL

Jamcruz1

I guess I hadn't had enough caffeine yet this AM when I looked at that. Sorry for any confusion I caused.

But what's this about? Is this a joke? Does this satisfy some government regulation? Are Canadians bad at math? :o

" If Canadian resident, mathematical skill-testing question must be correctly answered to win."

I guess I hadn't had enough caffeine yet this AM when I looked at that. Sorry for any confusion I caused.

But what's this about? Is this a joke? Does this satisfy some government regulation? Are Canadians bad at math? :o

" If Canadian resident, mathematical skill-testing question must be correctly answered to win."

If it's not a joke, it might be a way to verify age? competence? Very strange

It probably has to do with Canadian contest laws (Except for Quebec) most contests here you have to answer a skill testing question IF you win

I got it also, must be a slow week. It is just marketing, no different than " Free Air" or "Two for One".

Sent from my XT1032 using Forums mobile app

Oh no...this is the train headed for you...

This is a Segway for the NEW marketing strategy... Brand swapping, buy a Oceania or Regent... get a free a NCL cruise. Prepare for the time sensitive gott'a do it now... sales

Get ready for the last min discounts which NCL is famous for. Too I see the liquor package rolled into the fare for EVERYONE like Regent. because if you charge everyone the package ( which is wildly profitable since probably only 30% of the passengers at most can put away that much liquor)

Say goodbye to Gratuities included.. all sorts of little things

This is a Segway for the NEW marketing strategy... Brand swapping, buy a Oceania or Regent... get a free a NCL cruise. Prepare for the time sensitive gott'a do it now... sales

Get ready for the last min discounts which NCL is famous for. Too I see the liquor package rolled into the fare for EVERYONE like Regent. because if you charge everyone the package ( which is wildly profitable since probably only 30% of the passengers at most can put away that much liquor)

And you base this on what??

Nothing -- because you have NO information.

These kinds of posts which are raw speculation based on no information really do not contribute to any sensible discussion.

Have you gone completely bats? What's wrong with a promotion for a free cruise no matter where it goes? Can't we just think the glass is half full and not completely empty? Let's wait and see what occurs. If these ominous things happen, then we all have other choices. That's why there are Cherry Garcia and Moose Tracks!!! Lighten up a bit - it's not armegeddon - life will continue; we will cruise!! We we will enjoy. And as for gratuities, most of us get them either from our TAs or have enough from our cruise credits. Arlene:rolleyes:

These kinds of posts which are raw speculation based on no information really do not contribute to any sensible discussion.

I dont even have to post anymore just say..

+1

Jancruz1

Agree. They actually work to create the situation described, thus creating a self-fulfilled fantasy.

Jamcruz1

Yes the second class regular Oceania devotee's are not going to the party !!!!

Yes the second class regular Oceania devotee's are not going to the party !!!!

Now, now, it's not ALL doom and gloom. There are all manner of "British Only" offers are coming down the Pike these days...

Most recently for private limousine transfers, and before that included Beverage Packages.

Edited by StanandJim

I am no a big fan of those kind of sales....You can easily go around the booking thing tho.

Just book a cruise for late 2015, cheapest you find, pay the deposit, wait til the sweepstakes is done ( November ) then cancel the cruise.

That should give them a lesson if many did that.

Not sign of a great cruise line if you ask me...and the cruise they offer is...boffffff

Pete