Earliest flight from Papeete?

24butterfly

I'm sure this has been asked and answered, but if the ship docks at 6 am, would we be able to make an 8:40am flight from Papeete to Los Angeles? Thank you!

I haven't flown back to LA from Papeete but any other cruise I've been on when it says a 0600 arrival the earliest anyone is off the ship is about 0730. Thus I don't see anyway it would be possible for you to make a 0840 flight.

If you check eZAir flights for your cruise it will show the earliest recommended flight time such as my upcoming cruise ending in Ft. Lauderdale with an arrival time of 0700 & a recommended earliest flight time of 1100 & that's for an airport only about 10 minutes away.

Edited by Astro Flyer

My experience is that most of the flights are much later in the day. I've read here on this forum that Princess will often allow passengers with later flights to stay on board, after leaving their cabin of course,for quite some time.

It depends. If you're on the 10 day cruise round trip Papeete then the answer is yes. You will actually dock in Papeete the evening before departure. We took the air France flight which left early in the morning...maybe the one you want to take and we were fine. You can leave as early as you want. Here's the caution...there will not be any cabs for the early disembarkation. So make prior arrangements for the drive to the airport by prearranging a cab.

If you are docking in the morning (6am or so) then you probably will miss the flight.

Double check your itinerary for the arrival day and time into Papeete.

My experience is that most of the flights are much later in the day. I've read here on this forum that Princess will often allow passengers with later flights to stay on board, after leaving their cabin of course,for quite some time.

There's an 8:40am and an 11:59pm. That's it.

Edited by 24butterfly

It depends. If you're on the 10 day cruise round trip Papeete then the answer is yes. You will actually dock in Papeete the evening before departure. We took the air France flight which left early in the morning...maybe the one you want to take and we were fine. You can leave as early as you want. Here's the caution...there will not be any cabs for the early disembarkation. So make prior arrangements for the drive to the airport by prearranging a cab.

If you are docking in the morning (6am or so) then you probably will miss the flight.

Double check your itinerary for the arrival day and time into Papeete.

Good point about the cab situation. Also, the itin says docked at 6am. I'll cal Princess anyway and hope they know what they're talking about...I did find on E-Z air (somehow) that Princess booked the 11pm flight....Thanks to all....I just wanted to know asap b/c it was too late to call Princess.......

I found the lines checking in at the airport slow and multi-step. Although plenty of agents were open to accept luggage, while in line ATN was weighing and measuring every piece of hand luggage. Once I dropped off the big luggage, I then had to proceed to stand in another line outside a closed door, and one-by-one, we were allowed to enter to pay for the extra luggage, have our paperwork reviewed, and luckily my rusty French got me through a bit faster than others. From there, we headed to another entry point, did the security check, and waited in a lounge. About a half hour later, a small group of premium shops opened to grab our last bit of money on things I really didn't need. ;)

We boarded our flights in a very organized process, by seat number and class, walking onto the air strip and up the steps. This was the 11:50 PM flight; we were glad we headed to the airport with 3 hours to go through this process. Flight back to the US are large planes.

Why not take the night flight and spend an extra full day in Tahiti, possibly doing a tour or renting a car to get around the island?

Darcy

I found the lines checking in at the airport slow and multi-step. Although plenty of agents were open to accept luggage, while in line ATN was weighing and measuring every piece of hand luggage. Once I dropped off the big luggage, I then had to proceed to stand in another line outside a closed door, and one-by-one, we were allowed to enter to pay for the extra luggage, have our paperwork reviewed, and luckily my rusty French got me through a bit faster than others. From there, we headed to another entry point, did the security check, and waited in a lounge. About a half hour later, a small group of premium shops opened to grab our last bit of money on things I really didn't need. ;)

We boarded our flights in a very organized process, by seat number and class, walking onto the air strip and up the steps. This was the 11:50 PM flight; we were glad we headed to the airport with 3 hours to go through this process. Flight back to the US are large planes.

Why not take the night flight and spend an extra full day in Tahiti, possibly doing a tour or renting a car to get around the island?

Darcy

There's a difference of about $1000 to leave in the a.m.

There's a difference of about $1000 to leave in the a.m.

Therefore, a hotel overnight and a flight the next morning would still save you money. If the flights are 8.40am and midnight, you're only going to be 8 hours later, and you'll have an enjoyable, non-stressed day in Papeete.

Edited by jollyjones