Bistro on 5 was $7 on our cruise

warmwinds

I've seen several posts recently that still mention it as being $5 - just off the Summit 14 nt Canada and it was $7 per person. We had never been before and still thought it was worthwhile - went twice.

Yes, they raised the price several months ago. Glad you enjoyed it. Personally, I'm not a big fan.

It sent up in May. We read thegreat reviews and went on embarkation day. We didnt like it. Our crepes were cold and not fresh. For $5 or $7 it was t worth it. However Ive read the menus have changed with more selections.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Our family loves Bistro on 5. In fact it is one of our favorite places to eat on the Solstice ships and we always cruise Aqua so we have access to Blu (which we also enjoy).

Our crepes have always been made fresh when ordered and to our specifications. Always hot, straight from the maker.

When we went on a 12 night Hawaii cruise on the Solstice, Bistro was mostly empty one day for lunch so they let me try my hand at making crepes. I got to make my own crepe suzette which was a blast. It is SO MUCH harder than it looks, but what a great experience. Try them on a port day when most people are off ship and you will likely get to do it as well.

Have fun! $7 is nothing in the grand scheme of vacation expenses and its a very unique experience.

Yes, they are open for B, L, and D. We went both times during lunch. Yes, the menu went far beyond crepes and sandwiches. They had a daily special (we went on Bouilliabase day, but other days the special was Duck Confit, Lamb Chops, Nicoise Salad, can't recall the other 3). Guy next to us had ribs, cole slaw, mac&cheese that looked really good. They have other entrees like salmon, chicken, etc. I was surprised at the extent of the menu. Even though they were almost always practically empty service was very slow, almost like the servers were going in slow motion, so it's not a "quick" alternative to someplace else.

Ya the price went up quite awhile ago to $ 7 (from $ 5)

And not long after they expanded the menu beyond what it was originally (Soups, Salads & Crepes... Savory or Sweet)

The new menu looks great with a variety of plated entrees as well.

I am looking forward to checking out Bistro on 5 on my upcoming cruise on The Connie...

We always have enjoyed the Crepes so made a point of eating there once every cruise... Lol guess with the new menu I will have to make two visits :D

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

It sent up in May. We read thegreat reviews and went on embarkation day. We didnt like it. Our crepes were cold and not fresh. For $5 or $7 it was t worth it. However Ive read the menus have changed with more selections.

Did you tell your server? I would think they would have remedied it immediately.

Cold & not fresh is unacceptable. We've always had great luck in Bistro, with great service, but have not been on Summit since they added to the menu.

Ya the price went up quite awhile ago to $ 7 (from $ 5)

And not long after they expanded the menu beyond what it was originally (Soups, Salads & Crepes... Savory or Sweet)

The new menu looks great with a variety of plated entrees as well.

I am looking forward to checking out Bistro on 5 on my upcoming cruise on The Connie...

We always have enjoyed the Crepes so made a point of eating there once every cruise... Lol guess with the new menu I will have to make two visits :D

Cheers!

I was under the impression the expanded menu in Bistro was only on the Summit...has it been implemented fleetwide? We'll be on the Eclipse in Feb and that would be great!

Just my opinion: unless on other ships it is frequented much more, it seems that having such a large menu with such a sparse clientele will not work. Maybe it was this particular cruise - very, very heavy on the elderly side, and those folks usually do not want to pay "extra" for things. But it's in a very prominent location so you pass by it quite frequently, and we never saw it close to full - sometimes just one or two tables taken.

In the same vein...the night we went to Normandie, we were one of two tables.

Have no idea about Qsine - we didn't go but based on the lines I saw waiting to get into Select dining and the crowds at the buffet, it seemed like our cruise did not have a lot of takers for the pay venues.

Edited by warmwinds

Been on both the Eclipse & Solstice in the past 3 months, the new menu was not in place on either ship.

Went twice on the Eclipse and service was terrible the first time, only went the 2nd time because the Captains Club host gave us a free coupon for my birthday- the crepes over cooked and cold. Checked to see if the new menu was on the Solstice but same old menu so we did not try again.

Pretty sure its still only just offered on summit as of right now.

Been on both the Eclipse & Solstice in the past 3 months, the new menu was not in place on either ship.

Went twice on the Eclipse and service was terrible the first time, only went the 2nd time because the Captains Club host gave us a free coupon for my birthday- the crepes over cooked and cold. Checked to see if the new menu was on the Solstice but same old menu so we did not try again.

On the summit in August, we were told the new menu would be rolled out fleetwide by the end of the year. We had quite a few sea days, but Bistro on 5 was surprisingly quite busy! It was nice to see. We really enjoyed the new menu.

We also agree, service, wether they were busy or not was generally pretty slow.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Going to throw this one out there, for me I would have preferred they had turned BO5 into the suite dining area instead of taking away some of the main dining room, especially if they are reducing the space for Select Dining.

On the summit in August, we were told the new menu would be rolled out fleetwide by the end of the year. We had quite a few sea days, but Bistro on 5 was surprisingly quite busy! It was nice to see. We really enjoyed the new menu.

We also agree, service, wether they were busy or not was generally pretty slow.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Glad to hear that Jenna! We are sailing Eclipse in Feb so hopefully it'll be implemented before then. We love to have lunch there on embarkation day and with the new expanded menu it'll be a good choice to avoid dressing up for formal nights! We've also never had a bad meal there but agree with others that service is generally slow...not a problem for us as we're on vacation and I don't have to cook it or clean up afterwards:D

Cathy

We were on the Millie in August and did not see the new menu. We like Bistro for a nice quiet lunch.

Hi Jelayne

I've never liked Bistro on 5. Like the Porch, and Aquaspa cafe.... A limited and uninspired menu. A waste of both space and opportunity. Hopefully that will change for the better, but I'm not sure how an extra $2 accomplishes that...

Glad to hear that Jenna! We are sailing Eclipse in Feb so hopefully it'll be implemented before then. We love to have lunch there on embarkation day and with the new expanded menu it'll be a good choice to avoid dressing up for formal nights! We've also never had a bad meal there but agree with others that service is generally slow...not a problem for us as we're on vacation and I don't have to cook it or clean up afterwards:D

Cathy

We were excited too, as we have a 28 day sailing on Millie in Nov / Dec. We don't love Quisine so that doesn't leave a lot of options outside of the MDR, Blue and Olympic for dinner. If they (hopefully) have this menu, it will mean we can grab a simple meal when we want with a decent menu.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Hi Jelayne

I've never liked Bistro on 5. Like the Porch, and Aquaspa cafe.... A limited and uninspired menu. A waste of both space and opportunity. Hopefully that will change for the better, but I'm not sure how an extra $2 accomplishes that...

The extra $2 doesn't, but the new menu definiely helps a lot.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Our family loves Bistro on 5. In fact it is one of our favorite places to eat on the Solstice ships and we always cruise Aqua so we have access to Blu (which we also enjoy).

Our crepes have always been made fresh when ordered and to our specifications. Always hot, straight from the maker.

When we went on a 12 night Hawaii cruise on the Solstice, Bistro was mostly empty one day for lunch so they let me try my hand at making crepes. I got to make my own crepe suzette which was a blast. It is SO MUCH harder than it looks, but what a great experience. Try them on a port day when most people are off ship and you will likely get to do it as well.

Have fun! $7 is nothing in the grand scheme of vacation expenses and its a very unique experience.

I couldn't agree more. We love Bistro on 5 as well. Great food with excellent slow service.