Cruise port Hotel-MIAMI

dptt

I'm not sure of any of the Miami hotels that have a free shuttle to the port, but we love the Intercontinental Hotel Downtown Miami. It's close to stores if you need to pick up any last minute items and it's 1/2 mile from the port. It's the closest hotel to the port, so the taxi is about $10. Beautiful hotel and great restaurants nearby. If you check out some of the hotel discount sites, you can usually pick it up for a great price; otherwise, it can be quite pricey. But it's a beautiful hotel.

I second the Intercontinental - beautiful property and close to the port. Lots of people also like the Holiday Inn. I wouldn't spend much time worrying about a shuttle, if you're close to the port a taxi won't cost much and is more convenient than waiting with a crowd of cruisers who are packing a shuttle full.

I second the Intercontinental - beautiful property and close to the port. Lots of people also like the Holiday Inn. I wouldn't spend much time worrying about a shuttle, if you're close to the port a taxi won't cost much and is more convenient than waiting with a crowd of cruisers who are packing a shuttle full.

I'll second that idea. Sometimes, it's just easier (and not too much more expensive) to grab a cab and beat the crowds! Although, that does get a bit trickier, if you're traveling with others -- and a large amount of luggage. :cool:

We like the Intercontinental too; great location, close to Bayside Market and other shopping, the port is maybe a $10-12 dollar cab ride away. I swear we could walk it easily, just don't want to with luggage. We've stayed at various other hotels in the downtown area that are all fine too.

You can usually get a deal on Hotwire, Priceline or Last Minute Travel.

We like the Intercontinental too; great location, close to Bayside Market and other shopping, the port is maybe a $10-12 dollar cab ride away. I swear we could walk it easily, just don't want to with luggage. We've stayed at various other hotels in the downtown area that are all fine too.

You can usually get a deal on Hotwire, Priceline or Last Minute Travel.

Does the Intercontinental offer any sort of deal on long-term parking (14 day)?

Not a fan of Hotel to Ship Shuttles.

They are ALWAYS a zoo !!!!

They arrive late to the Hotel, leave late, have multiple pick ups (often all over town) & crazy fellow pax (lol)

Much less stressful to just take a cab. You leave when you want so low stress !!

And cause we go early, means check in etc is easy breezy (no line ups, crush of fellow pax). Of course sometimes means we have to wait before getting onboard (usually happens shortly after 11 AM)... But we use the time to read, people watch etc

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

Not a fan of Hotel to Ship Shuttles.

They are ALWAYS a zoo !!!!

They arrive late to the Hotel, leave late, have multiple pick ups (often all over town) & crazy fellow pax (lol)

Much less stressful to just take a cab. You leave when you want so low stress !!

And cause we go early, means check in etc is easy breezy (no line ups, crush of fellow pax). Of course sometimes means we have to wait before getting onboard (usually happens shortly after 11 AM)... But we use the time to read, people watch etc

Cheers!

Agreed 100%

The $10 bucks or so you save using the shuttle isn't worth the aggravation when you consider the cost of a cruise. Much prefer to relax and get to the terminal on our own timing to avoid the crowds.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We had to deal with the OPs issue for an upcoming cruise (and many previous cruises) and would suggest thinking along the following lines. If you want to minimize costs, and have no interest in exploring any part of Miami, then it makes sense to stay at one of the Airport area hotels. You can choose a hotel with free airport transfers and pick one that is within walking distance of a restaurant (for dinner). These hotels can cost less then $100 if you really want to go cheap. Then the morning of the cruise most of the hotels will arrange for low cost shuttle service (usually about $10 per person) or you can just order a taxi.

If you want to enjoy some of Miami you have several options which will all involve paying for a taxi to get to your hotel (generally no more then $30) and again paying for a taxi (or shuttle) to get to the port. Many cruisers like the Brickell area because there are many restaurant options. Some others will opt for the Bayside area which is very close to the port and has a few decent hotels and Bayside Marketplace. If we want to spend more then 1 night in the area we will often book a art-deco hotel in the South Beach area. This neighborhood is a lot of fun, has a decent beach, good restaurants, and nightlife.

There are also quite a few experienced cruisers that opt to fly in and out of Ft Lauderdale, use the lower cost Ft Lauderdale hotels (17th Street area is very popular with cruisers) and then buy transfers to the port of Miami (about a 45 min ride).

Hank

Hi, I would call the hotel directly about this one. I have stayed

here 2 or 3 times and it is absolutely lovely:). I have never heard

of any type of parking package with them but that doesn't mean they

don't have one.

I would call them directly about it.

And for those that don't know, taxis in Miami are flat rate "zoned". That, imho, is a great way to go...from airport to port is $30 with tip.

We are staying at the holiday inn (which must be the second closest to the port??...it is really close) for an upcoming cruise. We used points that I have orphaned in HI's program. Good way to get a free night.

Don't know about this particular hotel...

But in Miami previously we have used Embassy Suites near the Airport. Great Hotel. They offer excellent Shuttle Service to & from the Airport. And reasonably priced long term parking (call or email for details).

http://embassysuites3.hilton.com/en/hotels/florida/embassy-suites-miami-international-airport-MIASPES/index.html

We like the Hotel because besides being located well to the Airport, it is not super expensive, offers an Airport Shuttle, has long term parking, and a nice selection of onsite services... Comfy 2 room suites - pools - fitness - restaurant - bar - laundry area etc. Also as an Embassy Suite they also have the Manager's Reception nightly, and a full hot cooked to order breakfast each morning.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

I know many won't care about this - but the Intercontinental makes you pay to use the gym - I am a fitness fanatic, so I won't stay there no matter what. :p;) I like the Hyatt, and basically stay there every time I'm in Miami.

Edited by dirtgirl

We stayed in the B2 Miami Downtown which is directly opposite the Bayside Marketplace (two buildings from the Holiday Inn). To the right side there´s a CVS and to the left side a 7Eleven. Fitness and WiFi were free.

Cab would have been 10 $ to port, a shuttle organized by the hotel was 6 $ pP.

Really nice location! The Intercontinental is a bit farther away. So is the Epic.

A free shuttle (Miami Trolley) is running every 30 min directly opposite from the hotel. There are several lines.

We had dinner at the Bayside Marketplace and I grabbed a coffee in the morning there at Starbucks. The hotel offers free coffee/tee for breakfast.

steamboats

We are going to try the Hampton Inn Brickell. They offer a special Cruise Critic deal. Do a Google search or look at the top of this page.

I am staying there in November as well:)...besides the CC deal, Mary

Brickell Village is right there too:D....there are probably a dozen

restaurants to choose from and a bunch of shops along with Publix.

Here is a link:

http://www.marybrickellvillage.com/home.html

I loved the Intercontinental. Got a great rate through a site that does not tell you the name until after you have booked. And they even upgraded my room. I was able to look out of my higher floor window and see Reflection the morning of sailaway. Very nice! Also excellent service in this hotel.

Highly recommended from a very picky hotel person!

We have also stayed at the Intercontinental booking with a " secret hotel". Loved our stay and we could see the cruise ships arrive and depart. Decent enough location with restaurants and a supermarket near by too. The hop on hop off bus service also starts/ends near the hotel if thats something you are interested in.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Forums mobile app

FYI...names of hotel websites are allowed.....Priceline, Hotwire, LMT,....

all of them are named all over the Florida forum. So it is ok to say what

site people booked their hotel rooms on....it is only Travel Agencies

that CC has as prohibited.

We have also stayed at the Intercontinental booking with a " secret hotel". Loved our stay and we could see the cruise ships arrive and depart. Decent enough location with restaurants and a supermarket near by too. The hop on hop off bus service also starts/ends near the hotel if thats something you are interested in.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Forums mobile app

Just curious...when you go to Hotwire, or one of those sites for the 'surprise' hotel, what criteria do you enter to get a decent place? I'm afraid of ending up in something sketchy. We currently have the Embassy Suites booked for Feb with free wifi, hot breakfast, managers cocktail reception and free shuttles from airport and to port. It's $229...does that sound reasonable or should we try Hotwire or something? Thanks for any suggestions...

Just curious...when you go to Hotwire, or one of those sites for the 'surprise' hotel, what criteria do you enter to get a decent place? I'm afraid of ending up in something sketchy. We currently have the Embassy Suites booked for Feb with free wifi, hot breakfast, managers cocktail reception and free shuttles from airport and to port. It's $229...does that sound reasonable or should we try Hotwire or something? Thanks for any suggestions...

Too risky for me.

I want to know exactly what I am getting / paying for.

Plus little known fact, you save money BUT you are in fact buying an AS IS product from a 3rd Party Seller. You have a problem (ie got the worst room in the Hotel that the Hotel sold off thru the 3rd Party) your issue is not with the Hotel (my room sucks) but with the 3rd Party Reseller

Best deal we believe lies in being a loyal member of a Hotel Group, by joining their Loyalty Program & Carrying the ID Card (no cost to do so... Just takes 5 minutes on line). With Loyalty Card Number when booking, but even more so when in hand at check in the Front Desk is going to ensure you get their best available room in the category you booked, or even an upgrade (smile and be friendly... Front Desk People will like you... They are in Customer Service they see more than their share of grumpy folks !! )

The more you are loyal to a Hotel Chain / use them the better the perks / cost savings. Nothing tho says you only have to carry one chain's cards (we have several... Although we do prefer the chains where points don't expire... Including Hilton, of which Embassy Suites is affiliated)

Fort Lauderdale & Miami are expensive !!! Most of the name brand hotels there are going to charge over $ 200, and the vast majority are going to be even higher. I would say that $ 229 at Embassy Suites is a fair price... More so when you take into consideration other things they have / include. Mgrs Reception (Cocktails, Drinks, Munchies) in the evening and a hot cooked to order Breakfast (that right there could run you $ 10 to $ 20+ each at another local Hotel).

Add in the fact that all the rooms are Suites (truly seperate room for the Bedroom), and Hotel Shuttle (free or not still a very nice reliable service if you are going to & from the airport).

Parking your own car at the Embassy Suites usually has a charge... But as I said in an earlier post many of heir locations also offer Long Term Parking for Travellers who stay with them before r after their trip... And even if they charge for that it usually is super cheap vs anywhere else.

We have stayed at two Embassy Suites in Southern Florida... Embassy Suites Miami Airport as well as Embassy Suites on 17th in Fort Lauderdale. Loved them both

Don't forget to check CCs sister website TripAdvisor for Hotel Reviews no matter where you are considering staying !!

Cheers!