Wash & Fold Bag

tugboat

On our last cruise I got a lot in the bag by rolling tightly. Hubby is a 5x and his t-shirts are not tiny, but I got in:

5 boxer shorts

5 underwear

10 socks

Pajamas

5 men's shirts

5 women's t-shirts

5 shorts

3 pairs of capris

2 jeans

2 bras

They rejected the jeans, but I think it was only because I put them on top of the bag and the steward noticed.

In the past they've done jeans with no problems.

I only put in clothes I don't really care about as they get washed and dried in industrial machines.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I put the bag in a trash can so it will not rip, it kinda holds the shape.

I then as above, fold really tignt, and keep pushing socks, underwear in till I cannot get the top closed, then DH uses "man" power and pushes down and I duct tap it shut.

I am truly impressed how much I can stuff in a bag, I should have counted.

Next cruise I will.

Sea Ya

I'll have to try it your way next time. :D

Yep, lots of rolling :)

We had about 15-16 t shirts (half of those men's large, a couple XXL and a couple ladies' mediums), 4 or so pair of men's large shorts (longer, thicker cargo short styles, a few pair of thinner ladies' capris (which seem to count as shorts for the special) a couple dozen pairs of shorts and underwear and could have put a fair amount more in actually.

We have had the opposite experience. We've used the bag one of two days after the bag was left and never encountered a problem. It might depend on the ship.

This has been our experience as well. We've used the bags on at least three ships now, once with no coupon, once with an Emerald discount and now with Diamond and have always been able to use it on any day we wanted.

I put anything knit in the bag, in addition to undies. I have "renamed" my knit capris and hubby's knit shorts that he wears all the time, as pajama bottoms many times.

If anything comes back wrinkled, I just spray it with the small spray bottle of water I always take and fill for every cruise. Wrinkles fall out as it dries.

Love the trash can idea, too!!

We too were told we missed the appropriate day on Allure. I went to guest services and they called the laundry to see if we could send another day. Got a flat out no. Guest services did give us a decent credit to do the pay by item, but it still was not the same as the bag 'o laundry pricing.

I now watch for the correct day so we do not miss it.

• 2 weeks later...
We too were told we missed the appropriate day on Allure. I went to guest services and they called the laundry to see if we could send another day. Got a flat out no. Guest services did give us a decent credit to do the pay by item, but it still was not the same as the bag 'o laundry pricing.

We are going on Brilliance. So if I understand, you can only get the free bags done on specific days? Is this something new?

We are going on Brilliance. So if I understand, you can only get the free bags done on specific days? Is this something new?

Royal has had the wash and fold bags for several years now. They usually appear once in a 7 day cruise. They cost a flat $30 for all the clothes you can stuff in the bag, and Diamond Plus members get a coupon for one free bag.

Ask your cabin steward, as they will know which day it will be. Tell him/her that you will be using the bag and to be sure to leave it for you.

On our last cruise, I forgot and didn't fill my bag until LATE, late in the night. I just caught the steward in the hall and when he saw the bag, he grabbed it, said to let him see what he could do and did a sprint down the hall. He came back later to say no problem. I always send a bag in for laundry. I sent one pair of shorts that I knew would be wrinkled beyond wear. They are the same way when in my laundry at home. I was a little surprised when they came back in such a shape I could actually wear them. Everything was neatly folded. LOVE IT!

Yes, a good question. I've done OK with collared knit shirts. Has anyone tried slacks and have them come back at all wearable? Wii they ever "reject" something put in the bag

, or charge separately?

What you can stuff in the bag without charge varies from ship to ship. Some ships define a t-shirt as plain white underwear, other ships have accepted 'logo' shirts you may wear to the beach or pool. I wear a brand of gray gym shorts as PJ's, some ships will charge you extra and call them shorts.

Mostly we just stuff underwear. :)

Thanks for the tip on changing the folio #. Sometimes we forget we get TWO coupons for everything. DW always remembers to get two free pictures!

Enjoy your cruise.

Enjoy your cruise.

We send t-shirts both colored and white, work out clothes, husband's shorts, underwear, socks & my sport bras. I will not send any of my "good" bras.

For some reason, I am almost always missing a pair of undies:confused: but husband never is.:D

Sherri:) Edited by sjb317

[quote name='steveru621']What you can stuff in the bag without charge varies from ship to ship. Some ships define a t-shirt as plain white underwear, other ships have accepted 'logo' shirts you may wear to the beach or pool. I wear a brand of gray gym shorts as PJ's, some ships will charge you extra and call them shorts.

Mostly we just stuff underwear. :)

Thanks for the tip on changing the folio #. Sometimes we forget we get TWO coupons for everything. DW always remembers to get two free pictures!

Enjoy your cruise.

Enjoy your cruise.[/QUOTE]

Wow, I would be really angry if they charged me desperately for t-shirts that had pictures on them. DS's t-shirts make up the majority of our bag.
Thankfully that has never happened to us, because I WOULD argue that.

and "shorts" are included, as well as PJs, so I find it odd you would be charged for the Pjs or shorts no matter which RCI thought they were :confused:
[quote name='TigerLady']so, no collared shirts or bras??[/QUOTE]

I have sent bras a few times--figuring that is part of "underwear" and never had an issue.

I roll my clothes really tight (like military) alternating the packing..
slip the socks, panties and small items between the little space.
Got so much in one bag and three bags return to me.
Sometimes it takes two or three times to get it right..
Steward laughs that I can pack so so much in one bag...:D
Yes the trash can is a great idea.. will have to try that one.
Cathy

They have accepted collared polo shirts. I've also sent t-tops and bras. All come back neatly packed. I try to do the laundry as close to the end of the cruise that I can and everything is flat and easy to pack. As for laundry bag "technique" I go for the tightly rolled method.
Never tried sending slacks. Since they don't mention them I wouldn't expect them to be included.