BOGOHO is finally gone

12:15 and the website finally updated and the BOGOHO sale is gone.

Now to see what happens to the prices over the next few days.

Edit...sorry it was pulled from the Canadian site but when I looked at the US site it looks like it has been extended until Oct 31.

Slightly new promotion. BOGOHO + additional 5% off guests 1 and 2 if you book choice air + 5 additional C&A points.

Guess the prices will go up.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Edit...sorry it was pulled from the Canadian site but when I looked at the US site it looks like it has been extended until Oct 31.

Slightly new promotion. BOGOHO + additional 5% off guests 1 and 2 if you book choice air + 5 additional C&A points.

I just checked our Canadian prices and the BOGO sale is still there for us. The sale did not show up on the front page but when you price a cruise it showed up in the final price.

Edited by nbsjcruiser

I'm on the Canadian site and its still there..

Stateroom Stateroom Total $3,729.00 CADGuest 1Guest 2Guest 3Cruise Fare: $1,769.00 $1,769.00 $689.00 Taxes, fees and port expenses: $129.00 $129.00 $129.00 Discount: $0.00 ($885.00) $0.00 Per Person Total: $1,898.00 $1,013.00 $818.00

I just checked our Canadian prices and the BOGO sale is still there for us. The sale did not show up on the front page but when you price a cruise it showed up in the final price.

I mock booked my Liberty cruise and as yours, the BOGOHO was in effect only after you chose a cabin category. The front page had the full price before the reduction. If this BOGOHO is in still in effect until Oct. 31, why change the rate on the front page? Why not keep it as it was all this time until yesterday?

Should I be surprised?

Yeah, that's exactly how I felt after seeing it gone from the Canadian website and then checking the US one.

CDN website is still showing the BOGOHO and the OBC from the WOW sale when you go to book an actual cruise.:(

So Sad. No change in our next cruise pricing, downwards that is.

Edited by Folk Singer

Strange thing (well, not for Royal):

The new "bundle of savings" deal with the extra points only flashes once for less than a second when you load the (US) website. When you cycle through the deals (clicking on the dots) it doesn't show up. The website must still be catching up. You can see the via via the limited time offers page.

The cruise I was looking at actually dropped a few bucks overnight; miracles do happen.

Edited by JasonV1

The site says you have to book air through ChoiceAir to get the points + 5% discount. Link.

Wonder if you get the bonus points if you only book but don't pick to take a flight or if you have to do both? (We prefer to drive when we can)

Does anyone actually expect the total cabin price for two people to actually go down?

I don't.

So I'm not sure why people want this sale to end so badly....

Exactly. Interested in hearing responses to this.

They will look bad if this "huge" sale ends and prices instantly drop. But are people expecting prices to drop in the weeks after the sale ends?

With BOGOHO1 it seems they needed to move some inventory.

But the last few months the "sale" has been artificial. I think they're just using their pricing algorithms to come up with the price and then reverse filter through the sale to get the prices they want. When the "sale" ends the pricing algorithms will be the same, everything will reprice and the prices will not change.

I think the success of this sale has got them in a strange place. They're getting fantastic prices. If they end the sale and reprice at the these premium prices it will look outrageous. So they just keep extending the sale. I won't be surprised to see it extended through the holiday season.