No stateroom yet, no worries

albingirl

I would say 90% of our sailings are guarantees. The anticipation can be a bit nerve wracking however. In our experience I would say the later the assignment the better the cabin. For us at least. I hope you get a wonderful cabin. Bon Voyage.

Ten to Fourteen days prior to embarkation seems to be average notice of guarantee cabin assignments.

Used to be the longer you waited for an assignment was thought to be a good omen for possible upgrade or upsell offer.

Cabin assignments are always the great mystery.

42 days...excellent. Keep trying to work my DW past 18 days :). Good luck on assignment and have a great cruise.

Too funny! Once upon a time, and not that long ago, I couldn't get my husband to get excited over a 7 day cruise! He said 5 days was perfect for him. Hard to say what changed other than life.

We are at 4 weeks from sailing. Can't wait! I know, we'll probably know our assignment in 2 weeks or so but it's fun thinking about what a wonderful trip this will be! 42 day Atlantic Adventure.

Do not be surprised if cabin assignments come out 7 days or less before sailing. The ship is at capacity and scrambling to accommodate guarantees.

We are at 4 weeks from sailing. Can't wait! I know, we'll probably know our assignment in 2 weeks or so but it's fun thinking about what a wonderful trip this will be! 42 day Atlantic Adventure.

It sounds wonderful. Our friends did this trip last year. Due to work not able to be away for that length of time. Soon tho.

Now I have to retract my previous post. I just got an email from HAL and told me to check my account. There it was. My room! Got upgraded from a VE to a VA. I'm a happy camper. :) Room is 8106. We are under the Lido so don't know how noisy that might be. Guess we'll find out.

We didn't get our rooms until last Monday for this Sunday's departure. We also got an offer at the same time to upgrade (for a small fee). Be prepared to pounce on this offer if given (we were too late and missed out on moving up to a Neptune Suite from our Vista Suite).

Bon Voyage

Edited by Mr Astro
phrase added for clarity

We are within three weeks and still no room. We did miss an upsell offer. Tried to offer less but they sold out in one day. So, get what you can when you can.

I agree. Was going to negotiate, but quickly realized that was foolish since there is a minimum of verandahs on the Maasdam. Didn't want to lose the offer. They would go quickly; probably gone by now.