Embassy Suites e mail

sddsddean

I spent 30 minutes trying to find an e-mail address buried on the web sited and failed . . . .

the web site for the particular property has a fax number ....you COULD send a fax with your e-mail and ask them to contact you

the same page has a phone number but I'm guessing you are a feared of racking up charges on an international call

MAYBE if you joined their 'club' you'd get better e-mail addresses (don't cost nuthin)

Can anyone tell me if there is free wifi and if there is a free shuttle from the airport to the hotel?

Yes...the WiFi is free..nice business center just swipe your room key for entry.

We usually either take a Taxi or have a car rental when we stay at ES. so not sure about FLL-ES.

However this past visit a couple of weeks ago we had turned in our rental the night before and were going to take a taxi to FLL for our flight to San Juan (southern caribbean cruise) and knew approx how much it would be but as we were walking toward the exit were told that their shuttle was right outside empty and waiting...it was $8.00pp so we just hopped in they loaded our luggage and for us at that moment it was worth it.

Edited by Ashland

Thanks all for your help. Yes Capt BJ, thats why I wanted the (free) e mail rather than a transatlantic call! Looked on the website ashland, but as Capt BJ says, no sign of an e mail. All I really wanted to do was e mail and ask them to put us in a port or pool view room when we are there next April. Reservation is already made, but I couldn't find a 'special requests' box on the booking form. Perhaps I'll bite the bullet and ring them nearer the time.

Thanks again

Simon

Thanks all for your help. Yes Capt BJ, thats why I wanted the (free) e mail rather than a transatlantic call! Looked on the website ashland, but as Capt BJ says, no sign of an e mail. All I really wanted to do was e mail and ask them to put us in a port or pool view room when we are there next April. Reservation is already made, but I couldn't find a 'special requests' box on the booking form. Perhaps I'll bite the bullet and ring them nearer the time.

Thanks again

Simon

I called the hotel just now to see, and they do NOT have an international toll-free number or e-mail address. Just weird. 1-800-HILTON is the toll-free reservation number, and the gentleman I spoke to said you should be able to get specific questions about your reservation answered that way. Hope that helps!

I'll be there in December and when I got my email confirmation from Embassy, there was a box to check for eStandby Upgrade for $20. It gives you a higher floor with a view of the port. I'll see what I get in December.

I called the hotel just now to see, and they do NOT have an international toll-free number or e-mail address. Just weird. 1-800-HILTON is the toll-free reservation number, and the gentleman I spoke to said you should be able to get specific questions about your reservation answered that way. Hope that helps!

Thanks for doing that. I can't believe a hotel nowadays doesn't have an e mail. As you say...weird!

Simon

I was under the impression that they charged an extra 9.95 a day for wifi in the room:confused:

I know nothing about the in room Wifi..I easily used the free Wifi in their business center as I said above...so perhaps they do unless you've paid an upgrade option...BTW...I have stayed a few times at the ES and never felt that upgrade fee is really worth it.

Thanks again

Simon

The request you're concerned about is definately something that needs to be requested as you check in..They don't take these until you do actually (you can ask for it to be put in your record but it won't really mean anything since someone checking in and giving their request is how it will be based ..first-come-first-serve).

Upon checkin we always ask for a port view and more often than not that means waiting an additional amount of time for one of these upper floor rooms and the type of bedding that you need so it will be based on two factors...

We book a king bed room but the location is based on availibility at time of check in. We usually have a rental car and so they hold our luggage and we just check back with them on the # they give us and they also take your cell# and will call you when your room is available. This has worked out easy for us each time...

This past visit a couple of weeks ago we had to wait a little longer for our room to be ready as they were still completing the room renovations and some floors were not open for guests to stay in. So this made things a little more time consuming...but the renovations are scheduled to be completed by the end of this month so you should have no problem.

Best of luck and enjoy ES...we always do :)

we are booked for nov hopefully i can get you some pics of the new remodle and the infomation on the shuttle. from what i have read here on cc the taxi only cost about $ 18. including tip

That is a bit steep for a cab. Shouldn't be more than ten without tip.

are they almost done? I am staying there in December.

We were there a few weeks ago and heard they would be done by the end of this month...We were there last October during the lobby/buffet area renovations...so was surprised it was still an ongoing project when we arrived in late Sept...But either time it didn't really affect our stay there. Enjoy ES we always do.

That is a bit steep for a cab. Shouldn't be more than ten without tip.

Looking at Yellow Cab's website, I see the following:

$3.00

All trips beginning at the Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport have a $3.00 origination charge.

$10 MINIMUM FARE

There is a minimum $10.00 charge for all trips that originate at the Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (in addition to the $3.00 origination fee) or Port Everglades seaport.

So it seems that just getting in a cab at the airport is going to be $13 no matter what.

Looking at Yellow Cab's website, I see the following:

$3.00

All trips beginning at the Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport have a $3.00 origination charge.

$10 MINIMUM FARE

There is a minimum $10.00 charge for all trips that originate at the Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (in addition to the $3.00 origination fee) or Port Everglades seaport.

So it seems that just getting in a cab at the airport is going to be $13 no matter what.

Yellow Cab :confused::confused:

I've used a taxi at FLL and there's never been a min. charge on the ones I've used...One that comes to mind recently was FLL-Thrifty car rental location on Miami Road just out side the PE gate and it was $12.00.