HELP with upgrade offer!

Mare10

I did well with the current sale getting complimentary gratuities etc. When the TA offered an upgraded cabin I didn't know what to do!

We booked E728 on the Grand a long time ago for our Hawaii cruise. She's offering D605 or D301. I guess we're category ME but those would be a higher category.

I have heard that the aft mini is a good cabin so I'm not sure we should change.

Opinions please!!!

We had the same cabin on the Star on our cruise to Hawaii last year. The balcony was not as usable going over and back because of the cool weather, but, it was covered! None of the Dolphin deck minis are covered. As far as the Vista Lounge goes, there were only a couple of nights where things were going on after around 10:30pm but they were over by 11:30 or so. You will hear noise from the entertainment because you are over the stage (and the loud speakers) but unless you are an early-to-bed type that should not be an issue. I wouldn't consider moving unless I was offered a full suite! :cool:

IMG_0379.jpg.330a18bc5510b6b250cf0295b615c9e8.jpg

Edited by ar1950

5693211539_b13ff61878.jpg

The above picture is from Princess' flickr site. Your cabin is the last cabin on on Emerald deck which is one of the most sought after cabins on any Grand/Crown class (also the Sapphire/Diamond) because it is totally covered and is larger than the others because of the partial wrap. If you went to Dolphin deck (one deck up) you'd have an uncovered balcony. I cannot remember which deck (Dolphin or Caribe) where the balconies are partially covered. I think it's Caribe but I'm not sure. In any case, do not take the upgrade offer. Keep what you have.....:):):)

Bob

It is the Caribe deck balconies.

Dolphin deck is partially covered. We were in a mini on the Grand on Dolphin deck, but we liked that we had both sun and shade!

As far as others looking at us from above? I just waved and said "good morning"!

Dolphin deck is partially covered. We were in a mini on the Grand on Dolphin deck, but we liked that we had both sun and shade!

As far as others looking at us from above? I just waved and said "good morning"!

I don't believe there are any partially covered balconies on the Dolphin deck, at least not the ones on the ship's sides. The Caribe deck balconies are partially covered. Perhaps you had a full suite on the Caribe deck?

picture0912ge.jpg

Thank you all for your advice! I had heard that E728 and 729 were very popular and I agree.... We're staying put! I just wanted some input from more experienced cruisers. I love cc for help like this!

Marilyn :)

I would strongly recommend having your TA mark your booking "do not upgrade," since otherwise Princess could involuntarily upgrade you with no notice/warning -- even on your way to the ship, for example, when there's no chance for your TA to get the notice and alert you or get 728 back.

5693211539_b13ff61878.jpg

The above picture is from Princess' flickr site. Your cabin is the last cabin on on Emerald deck which is one of the most sought after cabins on any Grand/Crown class (also the Sapphire/Diamond) because it is totally covered and is larger than the others because of the partial wrap. If you went to Dolphin deck (one deck up) you'd have an uncovered balcony. I cannot remember which deck (Dolphin or Caribe) where the balconies are partially covered. I think it's Caribe but I'm not sure. In any case, do not take the upgrade offer. Keep what you have.....:):):)

Bob

Thank you Bob! You helped me pick this cabin in the first place! Sure wish you were still joining us.

We had E728 on the Star to Hawaii in February and loved the minisuite and large covered balcony. I enjoyed the balcony every day as we were blessed with good weather. Other than a couple of nights where we had noise from the Vista Lounge, it was the perfect cabin. You made the correct decision to decline the upgrade. I also would echo the suggestion to have your TA mark your cabi "do not upgrade". Have a fabulous cruise.

We had E728 on the Star to Hawaii in February and loved the minisuite and large covered balcony. I enjoyed the balcony every day as we were blessed with good weather. Other than a couple of nights where we had noise from the Vista Lounge, it was the perfect cabin. You made the correct decision to decline the upgrade. I also would echo the suggestion to have your TA mark your cabi "do not upgrade". Have a fabulous cruise.

Thank you for posting. It's great to hear from someone who actually had that same cabin! I am so looking forward to our 1st Hawaii cruise. Sure hope we're blessed with good weather like you had. We go March 4th out of LA. I do plan to take all advice including make sure we have a guarantee to stay in the cabin we chose!

Marilyn :)

Aren't all the mini suites on Dolphin deck totally open? Ours was on the Grand and always have been on this class of ship.

No Dolphin Deck minis on the Grand have covered or partially covered balconies. They are all uncovered. There are two aft facing standard balcony cabins on the Dolphin deck that have partially covered balconies. Partially covered balconies are on the Caribe Deck, but there are no minis on that deck, just full suites and standard balcony cabins. Check your records.