First Sailaway of Season from FLL - Zuiderdam

Skipper's Mom

The first sailaway from Fort Lauderdale, I believe, is this coming Friday (10/17) of the Zuiderdam at 4:00 p.m. I have a group of friends sailing on this date (24 to be exact!) from Charlotte Harbor Yacht Club in Port Charlotte, Florida.

Will you be there to see them off? ;)

Edited by Skipper's Mom

The first sailaway from Fort Lauderdale' date=' I believe, is this coming Friday (10/17) of the Zuiderdam at 4:00 p.m. I have a group of friends sailing on this date (24 to be exact!) from Charlotte Harbor Yacht Club in Port Charlotte, Florida.

Will you be there to see them off? ;)[/quote']

Where are you going to be standing? I just realized that we offered to snap your photo, but have no idea where we should aim the camera.

Retdon said: "I have ordered a wave photo for us but am asking those regular CC folks to do a screen shot for me just in case the photographer is not available. We have 4 suites on deck 6 just forward of the mid-ship elevators and all of us will be out there with our libations, crazy hats and horns. We have signs and most will be wearing red tee shirts."

So we can keep an eye out for them - is this the same group as Kaylasnana's and Skippers Mom's?

Edited by Vict0riann

Maybe some day HAL will keep a ship in the Caribbean like they used to do.

I loved those summer in the Caribbean cruises and really miss them. We went on many, b-to-b, and they were great.

HAL used to put their new ships in the Caribbean for their first summer season. We sailed many Inaugural Season ships that way. :)

IMO, the only reason they would resume summer Caribbean schedule would be unsafe/unable to cruise Europe, Alaska and Canada/New England for some reason. They can charge more for the cabins on those cruises than the Caribbean.

I loved those summer in the Caribbean cruises and really miss them. We went on many, b-to-b, and they were great.

HAL used to put their new ships in the Caribbean for their first summer season. We sailed many Inaugural Season ships that way. :)

IMO, the only reason they would resume summer Caribbean schedule would be unsafe/unable to cruise Europe, Alaska and Canada/New England for some reason. They can charge more for the cabins on those cruises than the Caribbean.

Not disputing you. I don 't know why they don't leave one ship in Florida for the summer. They head all the way to Alaska then are sending me emails for $249 for a 7 day cruise to Alaska. I went on the Carnival Breeze this summer and it wasn't cheap and the ship was sold out.

This story of them being afraid of Hurricanes? Well there's plenty of ships that manage.

Not disputing you. I don 't know why they don't leave one ship in Florida for the summer. They head all the way to Alaska then are sending me emails for $249 for a 7 day cruise to Alaska. I went on the Carnival Breeze this summer and it wasn't cheap and the ship was sold out.

This story of them being afraid of Hurricanes? Well there's plenty of ships that manage.

You're right. Hurricanes might be reason number four or five they pulled the ships for the summer but they have to deal with hurricanes coming up the coast to Boston/Maine/Canada. I know. I was on Maasdam when we had four days of our cruise effectively chopped because of hurricane. HAL handled Caribbean hurricane season just fine for many years and presumably could still do so.

I do wish you would forward those emails to me - I watch for the last minute deals for Alaska all the time, and best I have done is $799 for an inside.

Friday morning there will be a post reminder for this years first dam Sail-Away from Port Everglades.

Join us for the first TGIF Sail-Away this Caribbean season.

TGIF and our first sailaway. Awesome. Only thing better would to actually be on the ship. See everyone Friday. :)