Alcohol Purchase By The Bottle?

It would be nice, but not going to happen.

I think that is why they made available the different drink packages, trying to make us think we are getting a bargain.

Yeah we purchase it, but we will never consume that much to break even.

More or less to try new stuff and if we do not like it try another drink.

Sea Ya

Why do you say it's never going to happen? I believe all the other cruise lines have some kind of a bar set up or give you the option of purchasing a bottle for your cabin. We did this on NCL. They charge enough so they must be making money.

Why do you say it's never going to happen? I believe all the other cruise lines have some kind of a bar set up or give you the option of purchasing a bottle for your cabin. We did this on NCL. They charge enough so they must be making money.

Because it's just not - they don't care what some other cruiselines do. Ever since the Smith lawsuit, I'm thinking their insurance company put a kibosh on selling bottles of hard liquor to passengers.

Because it's just not - they don't care what some other cruiselines do. Ever since the Smith lawsuit, I'm thinking their insurance company put a kibosh on selling bottles of hard liquor to passengers.

If that was the case then there wouldn't be a cruise line out there that would allow it. Can you find a coffee cup that doesn't have "caution hot" on it?

OP it's a service they don't offer at this current time. Who knows what the future holds.

You can't buy a bottle of booze at a bar either. You can buy multiple shots without ice and take those to your cabin. Just ask your room steward to bring ice twice daily. They will happily do so. If you don't ask, however, you will not ever get ice. They stopped doing ice buckets as a standard procedure about two years ago.

They still sell in room set ups on Celebrity and they are both owned by the same parent company. Go figure!