6 night vs. 7 night cruises. Do you really feel the difference?

This is just our opinion

We live in Fl so are able to do lot's of shorter cruises,

The difference between 6-7 day cruises are not that big.

but for whatever reason the difference between 5-6 day cruises are huge

3 day cruise = very short

4-5 days = nice little getaway

6-7 days = real vacation

8+ = The best

Longer is always better IMHO. You can't help noticing that you have to pack and leave a day earlier. I consider day 1 as maybe a half day if you can get checked in and boarded about noon and disembarkation day mostly a write off leaving 5 full days to live the good life on a 7 day cruise or 4 full days on a 6 day one. Depressing that day and a half disappearing but that's the way it is. So for less full days than a standard work week I wouldn't go to the trouble and expense of flying in but if you have the time and close to the port I would consider it for a getaway.

If you live in Florida or a port within driving distance and can cruise often, I wouldn't hesitate.

If there are flights involved, there is no way I would do anything less than a 7 day cruise.

In fact, I really don't even consider them anymore. The longer the better is my mantra. 😃

I consider day 1 as maybe a half day if you can get checked in and boarded about noon and disembarkation day mostly a write off leaving 5 full days to live the good life on a 7 day cruise or 4 full days on a 6 day one. Depressing that day and a half disappearing but that's the way it is.

Disembarkation days don't count in the listed days of a cruise. Perhaps you meant packing on the last full day?

The one itinerary I can feel the difference is from the northeast to Bermuda.

On a six day, our last cruise we essentially only had one full day in Bermuda, having arrived afternoon the day before, and left at noon the day after.

Nice at sea days, but really only one full port day. So if you ever do a northeast to Bermuda or Bahamas, be aware of the limited port time for a 6 day cruise.

The one itinerary I can feel the difference is from the northeast to Bermuda.

On a six day, our last cruise we essentially only had one full day in Bermuda, having arrived afternoon the day before, and left at noon the day after.

Nice at sea days, but really only one full port day. So if you ever do a northeast to Bermuda or Bahamas, be aware of the limited port time for a 6 day cruise.

We ran into this. We did 6 day to Bermuda, and had heavy rain the first afternoon and second morning in port, so did not get as much time in Bermuda as we expected. But as this was our first cruise, we did not want to commit to a 7 day cruise in case we were not cruise people...lol.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app