Decorating Your Door on Celebrity

dioxide45

Does anyone know if there are issues with decorating your cabin door on Celebrity. We have sailed on Carnival and Royal Caribbean and have put signs and or magnets (which were stolen once :mad:) on our door to make it easier to find, plus my wife is rather creative and finds it fun :). I wasn't sure if it was frowned upon or if Celebrity was too snooty for that :rolleyes:.

ETA: I need an asnwer quick, I get on the ship in less than 4 hours when at that time I will be cut off from the rest of the world :cool:.

Edited by dioxide45

Didn't see any on the Eclipse ex Southampton earlier this year. Didn't find it difficult identifying our room any more than we would in a big hotel, perhaps easier as the numbers face you as you walk down the corridor.

It varies cruise to cruise as far as how much decor there is, but it's certainly allowed. I hang a couple windsocks with magnets by my door, sometimes a wreath... LOL

Some suite doors are wood however, and don't accept magnets as standard cabin doors do, so be mindful if that might affect you.

• 3 weeks later...
Someone on Eclipse recently put yellow crime scene tape on their door. They later had to put a note on the door explaining that it was a joke. Most in that area found it very odd

I like their sense of humor. Newlyweds, maybe??

Too bad they felt the need to explain, however, not sure why. It is really no one else's business what goes on inside a particular cabin.

We live in a constantly "sharing" world.

I am no doubt in the minority, but I cannot buy into of the lack of personal privacy - either deliberate (Facebook etc) or inadvertent ("what's going on in that cabin?").

we have a magnet that we use for every trip. Its a picture of sockmonkey and his bottle of wine. we also sometimes have other items as well.

The only time our stuff was messed with was on our last cruise. We had a Nevada magnet as well as the sockmonkey... and on day 2 Nevada disappeared. :( then I guess they maybe had an attack of conscience because on day 4 there was a new, small sockmonkey wrapped around our door know. :)

so I guess it all came out even.

we have a magnet that we use for every trip. Its a picture of sockmonkey and his bottle of wine. we also sometimes have other items as well.

The only time our stuff was messed with was on our last cruise. We had a Nevada magnet as well as the sockmonkey... and on day 2 Nevada disappeared. :( then I guess they maybe had an attack of conscience because on day 4 there was a new, small sockmonkey wrapped around our door know. :)

so I guess it all came out even.

I had 2 windsocks magnetted to the ceiling outside my cabin last cruise. night 4, someone took one of them - but I never got to nor a replacement back :-(

Does anyone know if there are issues with decorating your cabin door on Celebrity. We have sailed on Carnival and Royal Caribbean and have put signs and or magnets (which were stolen once :mad:) on our door to make it easier to find, plus my wife is rather creative and finds it fun :). I wasn't sure if it was frowned upon or if Celebrity was too snooty for that :rolleyes:.

ETA: I need an asnwer quick, I get on the ship in less than 4 hours when at that time I will be cut off from the rest of the world :cool:.

A number of pax do it for the Cruise Critic get togethers, We saw it both on Celebrity & Cunard. I'd say as long as it's tasteful(well, within reason,anyway) there should be no problem.

I just had personalized magnets made for each of the 20 guests in our group traveling on the Silhouette next month. I figure they will serve 3 purposes: A) will help people find their room, B) will help the group know which guest is in which room, and C) will make for a nice souvenir at the end of the trip.

There are several doors decorated on Celebrity. There will not be as much as there are on Carnival but still you will see quite a few. I always decorate ours

<a href=https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5598/15263934467_03a6ee18ef_m.jpg' alt='15263934467_03a6ee18ef_m.jpg'>image by cannongate, on Flickr[/img]

You were just down the hall from us on this Summit cruise, my wife loved your lobster.