Just off Oasis....it's going to China

Just got off Oasis yesterday and I was told by our waiter that Oasis is going to China in March 2016. Not sure if this is known info but that I would post just in case.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Might be possible, but I don't think that your waiter is the most reliable source!

That would be a heck of a journey. Can it fit through Suez Canal or does it have to go the long way around Africa? The other alternative is the long way around South America.

No locks in the Suez canal. For Oasis, the limit would be a bridge at around 220 ft above the water, but that's higher than the Great Belt Bridge that Oasis has already been under, so I'd say she could make it through the Suez.

No locks in the Suez canal. For Oasis, the limit would be a bridge at around 220 ft above the water, but that's higher than the Great Belt Bridge that Oasis has already been under, so I'd say she could make it through the Suez.

That's fortunate. If they did have to go around Africa I imagine RCI would have to consider private protective forces as well.

Regardless, to spend extended period of time on that ship while seeing really unique ports would be a great trip.

Just got off Oasis yesterday and I was told by our waiter that Oasis is going to China in March 2016. Not sure if this is known info but that I would post just in case.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

oh well now that the WAITER has confirmed it, I'm convinced! I was waiting for that ... its official then!

Shhh ... its not known info yet tho! Thank god for that WAITER letting it slip! :rolleyes:

Edited by F27TW

When is that? And what happened to number 3?:confused:

Oasis 4 is planned for 2018. I believe Royal has a long term contract with Port Everglades that requires two Oasis class ships there. Just a guess (was talking with our stateroom attendant last cruise) that when Oasis 3 goes to Port Everglades, Oasis goes to China.

Edited by clarea

That's fortunate. If they did have to go around Africa I imagine RCI would have to consider private protective forces as well.

Regardless, to spend extended period of time on that ship while seeing really unique ports would be a great trip.

Why would private protection forces be needed if she were to go around Africa? More likely to need them if they go through the Suez Canal and through the gulf of Aden into the Arabian Sea.

Why would private protection forces be needed if she were to go around Africa? More likely to need them if they go through the Suez Canal and through the gulf of Aden into the Arabian Sea.

Good point. Private protective forces anywhere in the region is probably a good idea for such a valuable asset.

Well, if true, I least I'm good to go for her cruise in Feb. '16.

Ps. Wonder if this is a way to transfer ships to another part of the world and not replace them in the US, therefore firming up cruise prices and no last minute sales.

If Oasis is going to China she must be doing so in early May 2016 as there are cruises on schedule thriugh the end of April. I suppose they could cancel all of April and part of March 2016, but would they do that and yet again upset their loyal customers.

Sometimes I think they plant info with staff to start rumors, who knows,

While booking our next cruise on board Oasis last week, we were told there are going to be new 9 night itineraries for Oasis starting March 2016 in the Caribbean. We wanted to jump on the opportunity but the agent told us they weren't available for booking yet.