Host Andy - Live From Celebrity Eclipse

Andy

This is what the "Pork and Beans" looked like on the Infinity last month.

pc_food_IMG_4850_.jpg

Thanks for the picture.

Whatever they call it, that does not look appetizing. I will be sure not to order it in February.

Looks OK to me. Farm raised pork tenderloin served over delicious beans garnished with glazed carrots. A name change will not make it taste any different, but I might have to try it. Sounds better than Pot roast over sautéed spinach garnished with zucchini.

Just in case anyone thinks I am serious I am trying to be funny on this overcast Saturday morning.

Andy, I hope you and your Mom are feeling better soon. looking forward to your additional information after you have recovered.

Edited by jagoffee

Re the 500 Elite question, according to the Captains Club Hostess (Deborah) we do have more then 500 Elites aboard. As to the Elite breakfast, we are told they only went to the fixed plates until they were able to obtain the appropriate sneeze guards. Our breakfast buffet is similar to what they have done for years.

Hank

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Re the 500 Elite question, according to the Captains Club Hostess (Deborah) we do have more then 500 Elites aboard. As to the Elite breakfast, we are told they only went to the fixed plates until they were able to obtain the appropriate sneeze guards. Our breakfast buffet is similar to what they have done for years.

Hank

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi Hank, thanks for that reply. Too bad I couldn't get an answer out

of anyone I asked when I sailed Reflection last month. I really missed

the old style set up.

Hi Andy,

Do you remember some of the movie titles playing in the cinema?

We will be on the Eclipse Christmas/New Years sailing next week.:D

Thanks!

Laurie

Laurie, I made a list of most or all of the movies that were shown in the Cinema on the Nov. 23rd sailing. The only one we watched was Non Stop, which was good, and I had watched Heaven is for Real on a flight, which was good too.

Robocop

Oculus

No God, No Master

Bad Words

Heaven is for Real

Premium Rush

Breathe In

Non Stop

Redwood Highway

The Railway Man

They Came Together

Hi Again Andy- We haven't been on Celebrity for a couple of years now. Do they still have the WONDERFUL ice cream flavors like After Eight and Cinnamon and Pistachio? MMmmmmm, can't wait.

Thanks again,

Laurie

We had ice cream most days. I was looking for After Eight and never saw it. I didn't see Cinnamon either. They did have Pistachio at least 4 days, and it was delicious. Some others were the usual Chocolate with slivers of chocolate, Vanilla, and Strawberry and also sorbets and sugar-free options. They also had Peanut Butter, Caramel, Rocky Road, Peach (Cherry too?), and Coffee on some days and a sugar-free Butter Pecan. The Rocky Road looked like Chocolate Marshmallow, but the server corrected me that it was Rocky Road. On some days, I didn't see the selections as dh did the ice cream run and brought me my scoop or two while I kept our seats. I asked him to bring me After Eight if they had it; but if they had it, we missed it. My standing requests were usually 1-2 scoops of After Eight, Coffee, Chocolate, Peanut Butter, Pistachio, and anything with nuts in it.

Maybe Andy or others will recall movies or ice creams that I may have missed.

Edited by TourDeCruise
Ice cream

I have seen Heaven also, none of the others. We only have 5 sea days so may only get to a couple of movies. Thank you for the list, sometimes Santa brings some DVDs to our cabin, now he knows which not to deliver;)

Laurie, I updated my previous post with ice creams that I recall in the Oceanview Cafe although I am missing some flavors as most days dh did the ice cream run and I didn't look to see what the options were; I only did the ice cream run on a few of the days. He would surprise me, but I always had my favorites that he knew. I didn't look at ice creams on the MDR menu as we usually had the chocolate cake after dinner or skipped dessert for all lunches and most dinners in the MDR. I'll see if he recalls some of the other ice creams in the morning.

Rum Raisin was another one of the flavors in the Oceanview Cafe (& MDR) on some days.

Edited by TourDeCruise
Rum Raisin

• 2 weeks later...

It is interesting to me the left side of the menu was very good in both the MDR and Blu on the Summit.

Sorry to hear about the service issues. :(

Are those free movies? We noticed most were pay on Summit and there was only limited times to see free ones.

Hi Andy,

Do you remember some of the movie titles playing in the cinema?

We will be on the Eclipse Christmas/New Years sailing next week.:D

Thanks!

Laurie

We are just a week off the Eclipse. Personally, It thought the movie selection was horrible--sure there were a lot we hadn't seen, but then we'd never heard of them either. Also, I'd estimate 75% were R-rated. Even the pay movies were pretty bad. The list someone else posted was about right. They did show Maleficent in the theater once.

The selection and variety were much better a couple of years ago, when we last sailed Celebrity. We like (free) movies. The selection was disappointing. I at least wish they'd offer some good older movies as well.

One bartender at Passport Bar on our Dec.07 Eclipse cruise was not interested in being nice, friendly, or even efficient in attending to passengers looking for drinks service. He seemed intent on conveying the impression that he wasn't happy serving customers.

Our service people in BLU were great despite the large number of diners they were trying to serve. The quiet,unhurried setting we loved when Blu was new to us back in 2009 is no more, due to staff cutbacks, unfortunately.

Here's hoping X doesn't go too far and too fast with these changes. Raise the fares even more if they must, but don't dilute the experience.

We are just a week off the Eclipse. Personally, It thought the movie selection was horrible--sure there were a lot we hadn't seen, but then we'd never heard of them either. Also, I'd estimate 75% were R-rated. Even the pay movies were pretty bad. The list someone else posted was about right. They did show Maleficent in the theater once.

The selection and variety were much better a couple of years ago, when we last sailed Celebrity. We like (free) movies. The selection was disappointing. I at least wish they'd offer some good older movies as well.

Yes...we were suprised the quality of free new movies, ease in viewing on our time was depleted. They always had pay movies too, but if I am going to buy a movie I will do it at home on the big screen. We think it was worse since Dec 2013 and April 2014. Must be fleet wide, as it was awful on the Summit.