Prices are HIGHER for existing Princess customers. Seriously??

Dreamer333

You booked your cruise at a given cost. They cannot raise the cost. The only time that ever happened years ago was when fuel jumped. And even with that, cruisers were warned in writing on the contracts.

....unless you upgraded your room category?

Edited by eandj

We live in Southern California and a couple of years ago we looked at booking a 7-day Mexico cruise out of San Pedro. We were quoted a fare of $1,199 for a mini-suite. Friends in Prescott Arizona were quoted $799. Checked with our TA who at that time was in Ohio. She was quoted $799 but when she put in our info it jumped to $1,199. Also had a TA friend in the Washington, DC area check. She was also quoted $799 but when she put in our info it jumped to $1,199. Guess Princess was penalizing the cruisers that could drive to the port :(

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

It happened to me this past July when booking a Caribbean Get-a-way. The sailing I was after was offering first PAX pay full price, 2nd PAX 50% off. The first fare was around $499 for a balcony, but when I put in my information the first PAX fare jumped to $579! When I called Princess they said there were two different promotions, with two different fare structures. The CSR and her supervisor looked at all possible combinations to see which was the best deal, and it was the $579, with 50% off 2nd.

The same thing happened to us five weeks ago. The price was shown as $1499 and when I logged on it jumped to $1799. I called Princess and the rep that I talked to told me that was what it was, too bad. My wife called back and got a different rep who looked at it and was surprised to see that was what was happening. The rep tried a few different ways of booking it and figured out how to get us the $1499 pricing. :cool:

I looked back on line a week later and the $1499 was still showing when I wasn't logged on, but, when I logged on the price still jumped up to $1799. Hope we don't see this as a trend in the future. The cruise personalizer is still showing the $1499 so we are happy for now.

Sometimes there is special pricing for specific states.

For instance, for a cruise coming up in January, we had booked it while onboard an earlier cruise this year. Several months later I was doing my usual price monitoring on the Princess website, and found a fare that was about $1200 less than what we booked at. I emailed that info to our TA, who is in another state from where I live, and she wrote back that she could not find that fare. She even called Princess and the CS person also said she could not find it. I rechecked the Princess website and it was still showing the lower fare, so I sent the TA a screenshot of the page. Suddenly she had an epiphany and figured out that it might be a special price for my residential state. Since she was based in another state she could not access it on her computer, plus the original booking was made under my cabinmate's name, and she lives in the same state as the TA. Upon recontacting Princess, the TA was able to get us the lower fare by changing the first name on the booking to mine.

Something I've discovered is that usually, solo passengers are not eligible for most sale prices. :( I just use a discount TA, save tons of $, and then don't worry about the cost.

Sadly this is so true and unfair. Solo's already pay through the left nostril as it is. I can accept the rationale of needing to pay for the cabin even when there is only one person in the room (much like a hotel room), but to then deny you the ability to get in on a sale like everyone else is truly unacceptable and rather insulting if you ask me!

Sadly this is so true and unfair. Solo's already pay through the left nostril as it is. I can accept the rationale of needing to pay for the cabin even when there is only one person in the room (much like a hotel room), but to then deny you the ability to get in on a sale like everyone else is truly unacceptable and rather insulting if you ask me!

Book it for 2 people and have one a no show.

Book it for 2 people and have one a no show.

Costs more to book for two. Booking for one you only have to pay those extra fees (port charges,etc) once, instead of for two people.

So it may or may not be worth it.

We found a similar restriction regarding a window suite. Some time after booking our booking a WS there was promotion that added a sizable OBC to all cabins except the window suites. The OBC wasn't enough to make us upgrade to a full suite so we just stayed where we wer.

It has been, up until now, the case, that if you book a cruise with Princess and then the price drops, if you go through your agent, they[Princess] give you the cruise at the reduced price, it is such a great thing, and I would be surprised if its changed, it has happened to us of recent times, so do be careful as so many different price ranges are around, especially the on line site ,which is almost always the most expensive it seems .

Thus just happened to me and I'm not a past guest. I called and they didn't care so I won't be booking with princess EVER. I have never booked with a cruise line and when I entered my information it changed the price!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

Edited by dna529