First cruise on X (Reflection) less than a week away!

sweetp09

We set sail this week for the first time. This is DHs first cruise and my first time on Celebrity. Is there only one dining option when we first board? If not, where is the best place to go? How early can we arrive at port and how early can we board the ship?

We are in AQ and are thinking of having breakfast on our balcony at least once or twice. Can we do that on the final morning? I have read that tipping is not required for room service, but if we wanted to how much is recommended.

For dinner, we are assigned to Blu at the 6pm time. I thought there was no assigned time at Blu though?

Are there any spa discounts or deals throughout the cruise?

I am sure I will have other questions. We are so excited! Any first time tips or other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

On embarkation day Bistro on 5 is available for lunch. It is $7 per person but worth it. They serve crepes salads and soups. Most people crowd the buffet but Bistro is quiet.

I believe Blu's dinner service is from 6-930 and on all but the first night you can arrive anytime during those hours for dinner. However Blu on the first night is extraordinarily busy so they assign a time. There will probably be a letter in your cabin suggesting a dinner time for the first night only. You will also most likely have a 50% off in your cabin for any specialty restaurant for use on the first night only.

Room service tipping is not required but many do tip. We usually tip $1 per person for coffee only. More for meals. Less for breakfast than dinner.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Other lunch options once you board are the Mast Grill - burgers, hot dogs, fries; located near the pool and the Aqua Spa cafe.

No room service on last day.

You are not required to dine in Blu at the time assigned on the first night. But as mentioned the first night can be a bit hectic. Go at the time you want, you may have to wait a few minutes but generally not long.

We set sail this week for the first time. This is DHs first cruise and my first time on Celebrity. Is there only one dining option when we first board? If not, where is the best place to go? How early can we arrive at port and how early can we board the ship?

We are in AQ and are thinking of having breakfast on our balcony at least once or twice. Can we do that on the final morning? I have read that tipping is not required for room service, but if we wanted to how much is recommended.

For dinner, we are assigned to Blu at the 6pm time. I thought there was no assigned time at Blu though?

Are there any spa discounts or deals throughout the cruise?

I am sure I will have other questions. We are so excited! Any first time tips or other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Another lunch option for a fee, is the porch located by the lawn grill . The lawn grill is a wonderful dinner (for a fee) option! Also by the adult pool they have lunch available, a limited number of Healthy style options . You will enjoy the reflection,in addition to the usual great celebrity services, the specialty restaurants are great!

Enjoy your cruise. You will be offered spa discounts and packages throughout the cruise, espicially on port days. Blu has no assigned dining. Typically people begin to line up at 5:30 for dinner. You will also be offered packages and discounts for the specialty restaurants throughout the cruise.

I do not believe you can order room service, unless in a suite the final morning. I am not 100% sure however.

Enjoy your cruise

Edited by Cruise a holic

As noted above, both the Porch and Bistro on 5 should be open for lunch on embarkation day, each a $7 pp fee and worth it. If it's a beautiful day, you might want to opt for The Porch so you are not indoors. (Or the Mast Grill ....)

I'll also add a plug for dinner during your cruise at the Lawn Club Grill. We just ate there on the Silhouette TA, and it was a wonderful meal with great service in a relaxed setting. I wish Celebrity would put this venue on the other S-class ships.

For more fine dining, there is Tuscan Grille (we prefer this to Murano, but food is subjective of course).

Have a wonderful cruise!

As noted above, both the Porch and Bistro on 5 should be open for lunch on embarkation day, each a $7 pp fee and worth it. If it's a beautiful day, you might want to opt for The Porch so you are not indoors. (Or the Mast Grill ....)

I'll also add a plug for dinner during your cruise at the Lawn Club Grill. We just ate there on the Silhouette TA, and it was a wonderful meal with great service in a relaxed setting. I wish Celebrity would put this venue on the other S-class ships.

For more fine dining, there is Tuscan Grille (we prefer this to Murano, but food is subjective of course).

Have a wonderful cruise!

I agree with putting the Lawn Grill on all S class ships! We are sailing on the Eclipse in a couple of weeks and will miss the Lawn Grill. In addition to Murano, we also enjoy Qsine. The presentation and the actual food is excellent- IMO The Tuscan grill is #4 on our list- The view is excellent as well as the service- but the food is mediocre.

Turtle beat me to it! We were both on the Silhouette a few weeks ago. As an AQ class guest, you will receive a coupon in your cabin for 50% off a speciality restaurant on the first night. I second the Lawn Grill. It was so good on Silhouette we went twice. A bit of advice, go light on the flat bread (ours ended up more like a pizza) so you will have room for the wonderful main course. The Filet is to die for. Enjoy your cruise.

Have you read the thread here about the reporter for the Telegraph newspaper who wrote about her week on Reflection?

Cruiseaholic, we were told by two different crew members that Lawn Grill is planned fleet wide. I hope this it true but might just be a rumor.

And we were told by a crew member that this isn't true. I hope YOUR info was correct!! :)

I second your advice above to go easy on the flatbread pizza at Lawn Club Grill because it's so filling. We knew this in advance and had promised ourselves we'd only eat one slice each. But it was SO good we each ate three slices! :eek:

All the food at LCG that we ate was wonderful. The dish that surprised me the most was the grilled shrimp on the skewers. They were so perfectly grilled and seasoned that I ordered a second skewer of them.

Thinking back on that dinner is making me really hungry... :)

I agree with putting the Lawn Grill on all S class ships! We are sailing on the Eclipse in a couple of weeks and will miss the Lawn Grill. In addition to Murano, we also enjoy Qsine. The presentation and the actual food is excellent- IMO The Tuscan grill is #4 on our list- The view is excellent as well as the service- but the food is mediocre.

Our fav is Lawn Club Grill by far. QSine best with more than one couple for sampling/sharing. Early in your trip ask which specialty restaurant, which day is offering the $25 lunch - that's a bargain opportunity to consider. Usually 1 (MAYBE 2) specialty lunches in 7 day cruise. Happy Cruising

We are in AQ and are thinking of having breakfast on our balcony at least once or twice.

This is the only issue I have with your post - lol. Once or twice? We'll have it everyday. If only coffee and a smoothie or a Danish. One of the main reasons we get a balcony. I don't blame you though as breakfast in Blu is so much better than the buffet. We usually tip $2, more for a large order.

enjoy your cruise

Cruiseaholic, we were told by two different crew members that Lawn Grill is planned fleet wide. I hope this it true but might just be a rumor.

Would be great- perhaps they are removing the glass blowing. While the first time I saw it, it was entertaining- after 6 cruises- no longer interesting- we had to sit on benches in the heat for about 1 hour and 1/2- not my idea of a good use of space- However, many might state that to remove a free activity for a restaurant, isn't a good idea-

Thanks

We loved Reflection, we cruised on her for the first time the week of November 15th. We were in AQ as well. We dined at the Lawn Club our first night, it was a great dining experience. From the atmosphere, loved being outside, to the food.

Enjoy!!

On embarkation day Bistro on 5 is available for lunch. It is $7 per person but worth it. They serve crepes salads and soups. Most people crowd the buffet but Bistro is quiet.

I believe Blu's dinner service is from 6-930 and on all but the first night you can arrive anytime during those hours for dinner. However Blu on the first night is extraordinarily busy so they assign a time. There will probably be a letter in your cabin suggesting a dinner time for the first night only. You will also most likely have a 50% off in your cabin for any specialty restaurant for use on the first night only.

Room service tipping is not required but many do tip. We usually tip $1 per person for coffee only. More for meals. Less for breakfast than dinner.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

If you enjoy a really good filet mignon....

I just wanted to mention that the Filet Mignon is on the Blu menu on the first night. In our experience, this filet is as good as any filet in any of the specialty restaurants, so we never use the 50% off coupon on the first night, and always go to Blu for dinner that night.

We have always been able to talk one of the maître d's into honouring the 50% coupon on another night in one of the specialty restaurants. We are always very flexible as to date and time, so we have never had any difficulty receiving the discount on an evening other than the first night.

I can heartily recommend the Lawn Grill as well.

If you enjoy a really good filet mignon....

I just wanted to mention that the Filet Mignon is on the Blu menu on the first night. In our experience, this filet is as good as any filet in any of the specialty restaurants, so we never use the 50% off coupon on the first night, and always go to Blu for dinner that night.

We have always been able to talk one of the maître d's into honouring the 50% coupon on another night in one of the specialty restaurants. We are always very flexible as to date and time, so we have never had any difficulty receiving the discount on an evening other than the first night.

I can heartily recommend the Lawn Grill as well.

I do love a good filet. It's my favorite cut actually. Good to know about the discount. I would love to try the filet there. Did you ask about the coupon the first night or after it expired? We really want to try the Lawn Club. It's only the two of us, but I think Qsine would be a unique dining experience and it sounds tasty. I am not sure whether or not we will try Murano or TG. I guess we will check the menus? Do the specialty restaurants change their menu nightly or is it the same one throughout the cruise?

I do love a good filet. It's my favorite cut actually. Good to know about the discount. I would love to try the filet there. Did you ask about the coupon the first night or after it expired? We really want to try the Lawn Club. It's only the two of us, but I think Qsine would be a unique dining experience and it sounds tasty. I am not sure whether or not we will try Murano or TG. I guess we will check the menus? Do the specialty restaurants change their menu nightly or is it the same one throughout the cruise?

On the first day, there are usually a couple of the maître d's outside of the Oceanview Grill, trying to sign guest up for the specialty restaurants. I just show them my AQ Sea Pass card, and tell them that I hate to miss the filet mignon on the first night in Blu, but could they please honour the 50% discount another night in (restaurant of my choice). They have always be very good about it. I know that the intention of the discount is to reduce the number of people in Blu the first night, but we have never had an issue, and the maître d's have always been charming. Tell them this is your first time on Celebrity!

Our first choice for the specialty restaurant would be the Lawn Grill, where they have one.. Qsine is fun and the food is interesting and pretty good. Perhaps you will meet someone on board who also wants to try Qsine and you can go together...we did....you get to try more dishes that way. The presentation is very cute. Everyone will tell you to be strategic about what you order, and we tried, but in three times at Qsine, we have never made it to the Filet Mignon, (Painter's Palette or some such name) and I hear it is very good.

Do take the tour of the Aqua Spa early in your cruise. It took me three or four trips sailing in AquaClass before I finally made it to those heated stone loungers, and the Relaxation room, both of which I love.

Have a wonderful cruise, and come back and let us know how you enjoyed it!!

Thank you for the tip about the filet in Blu. We were not in Blu this time so we did not get a 50% coupon. However, we did get the 50% discount on day 4, I think. We got 30% later in the cruise for LG and we were offered 50% for Qsine which we declined because we were already going there with a group from CC.