How do Senior Cruisers Handle Dynamic

I started thinking about how my Mother or Mother in Law would plan their dining options if it were Dynamic Dining only? Neither of them book with a TA as they book direct with RCCL. Neither one of them own a computer either, so how do they schedule dinner?

I started thinking about how my Mother or Mother in Law would plan their dining options if it were Dynamic Dining only? Neither of them book with a TA as they book direct with RCCL. Neither one of them own a computer either, so how do they schedule dinner?

They could call Royal customer service.

I just booked Anthem for 2016 and had the agent book our early dining for all. Picked American Icon as it sounded to be the plainest of food choices?:confused:

I figured it was easier to have her do it right when I booked the cruise.

Edited by CVU

I just booked Anthem for 2016 and had the agent book our early dining for all. Picked American Icon as it sounded to be the plainest of food choices?:confused:

When you say "early dining", was that some specific time, or was there a category of early dining you were able to choose?

Remember, the menu doesn't change though. So you may get tired of the same menu night after night.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When you say "early dining", was that some specific time, or was there a category of early dining you were able to choose?

That was for 6:30 dining. I know the menu doesn't change but by 2016 it may not be what we book now, if we tried to book others.

So, when on board we will scan all the menus and then change if we can, to another place, only the 2 of us, so it may not be too difficult.

PLUS, they should?? have the alternative menu I thought was going to be available at all of the restaurants?? It is so far away, I am sure they will be tweaking DD/menus and probably a lot of stuff by then.:rolleyes::)

If they are able to book a cruise, they can book their dining reservations the same way.

That was for 6:30 dining. I know the menu doesn't change but by 2016 it may not be what we book now, if we tried to book others.

So, when on board we will scan all the menus and then change if we can, to another place, only the 2 of us, so it may not be too difficult.

PLUS, they should?? have the alternative menu I thought was going to be available at all of the restaurants?? It is so far away, I am sure they will be tweaking DD/menus and probably a lot of stuff by then.:rolleyes::)

Thanks, appreciate the info. We've got a cruise on Oasis coming next year, so trying to undertand the options.

Thanks, appreciate the info. We've got a cruise on Oasis coming next year, so trying to undertand the options.

I booked it all at the same time over the phone.

Moved a cruise we changed our mind on, over to Anthem/16 and asked if she could book the dining too, as I read on Roll Call others had booked them.

So, she did them all!!!

Sent a doc of the new cruise and then a long confirmation email with all the times and locations for dinner.

If I knew the menus were in concrete we would have maybe chosen some other places with simple food?, but I bet they won't be the same come Spring/16.

After hearing the stories of it taking so long to book them we just wanted them done and like earlier times, so it works with any shows too!:)

They could always call you to show them how to use a computer. ;) :D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Big_G

To the OP, if you are truly concerned about your mother or mother in law, make the reservations for them or refer them to the cruise line customer service number. I'm assuming they are quite elderly.

I think you lumping all seniors into the situation with out computer access is a bit insulting. Not sure what your definition of senior is, but my guess most would do just fine with making DD reservations without you help.

Edited by Oville

ouch....I feel really old now. I'm 68 my Dh is 73 . I must admit when we first heard about Quantum and Anthem we thought that's just not for us but having read all the reports I for one cant wait to be on Anthem in 2015 Please don't write all seniors off, our body might be aging but our hearts and brains are still young.(unless you have real medical problems)

Why did you imply that Seniors are unable capable of dealing with Dynamic Dining by having stated "How do Senior Cruisers Handle Dynamic"

So as not to have offended anyone the statement should have been How does an individual book Dynamic Dining Reservations when they don't have computer ?

The OP probably should not have made it a SENIOR issue. I think that gets a large number of us defensive. :eek:

Exactly, I am not a senior but my frequent cruiser Mom is and she is perfectly capable of booking her cruises and dining reservations on her computer or over the phone with a TA or the cruise line directly. There are so many posters on these boards that fall into the "senior" category, whether it is the cruise line's 55 yr old designation or the more conventional 65 yr old designation. I don't think Dynamic Dining is going to be an issue for that demographic anymore than I think it will be for any other demographic.

We two seniors booked Dynamic Dining on our recent Quantum cruise just fine, thank you. We even have a computer! :rolleyes:

Hi Karen,:)

Thank you for the chuckle! I have trouble picturing you as as a senior! I am a real senior, meaning much older than you, but don't feel like one unless I look in the mirror! :eek:

I'll be very interested to hear your comments when your return from your Quantum cruise. I had no desire to book this kind of ship but I'm slowly warming up to the idea. I'll probably wait until one sails from Florida. We will have DD on the Allure TA next year, probably will book on line myself.:)