RCCL - Email Just Makes Me Shake My Head and Laugh!

I just relieved and email from RCCL encouraging me to book excursions for my cruise on Serenade next November. At the bottom of the email they suggest four excursions to "Reserve Now". The excursions listed are for Labadee, Cozumel, St. Maartin, and Jamaica. Our cruise stops at none of these ports. I wonder what they'd do if I reserved one of them????

I just got one asking me to make My Time Dining reservations on line for our upcoming Jewel cruise.

Reality is I've got traditional dining at 6:00 with a table of 10 reserved since we booked the cruise over a year ago!

Are you sure? :eek: :p

I just relieved and email from RCCL encouraging me to book excursions for my cruise on Serenade next November. At the bottom of the email they suggest four excursions to "Reserve Now". The excursions listed are for Labadee, Cozumel, St. Maartin, and Jamaica. Our cruise stops at none of these ports. I wonder what they'd do if I reserved one of them????[/QUOTE]

Why take your credit card info and charge you of course. :)

Denise

Before our western itinerary Grandeur cruise this past November we received several emails telling us to book our excursions (all eastern ports lol). A few of us on our roll call got them. Of course when we go to our dashboard, western excursions were all that were showing. We also got the reminder to book our dining times and we had late dining.:rolleyes:

I just received an email to book shore excursions for my Dec 13 Explorer 5 day to Nassau & Freeport, which on the web site is now being called Western Caribbean. It said I should book excursions in Roatan, Cozumel etc. I double checked the itinerary and we are still going to Bahamas :-). Sure hope the Captain knows where we are going.

And I cannot get into the cruise planner for any of my upcoming cruises, it just does an endless loop on blank screen. I thought it was my computer, but my TA also can't get into the cruise planner. Guess I'll have to call RCI to book a shore excursion. I can go into the general shore excursion description section to find out what is offered in a port, but can't book thru my reservation on line. And if I call RCI after being in the reservation, even if I closed out, they can't access it.

If it wasn't such a hassle, RCI computer system would be a good laugh.

We got invitations to book shore excusions.... on the Quantum 3 night cruise to nowhere. :eek:

Ooo, that's a good one! What were they offering?

I've received several e-mails encouraging me to book excursions in the Baltics. I'm going to the fjords. I always go back to check my reservation, make sure I'm going to the right place.

Edited by SnowshoeCat

I can't access my cruise planner either for an upcoming b2b. I called and they said it's a "known issue" and they "are working to resolve it".

That's been their story virtually this entire year. Have you tried accessing it via the RCI home page, selecting "Before You Board" then selecting "Countdown to Cruise"? You'll have to provide name, booking # and other info that you probably have handy but it seems to work for most people when they are having problems like this.

A couple of years ago I received an email with the subject something like this...In anticipation of your upcoming cruise on the Freedom of the Seas.

Very nice, except I was on the Liberty of the Seas. I started wondering if maybe I'd somehow booked the wrong ship. Fortunately they had the correct ship in the body of the email.

However that wasn't nearly as bad as Celebrity sending me an auto email cancelling a specialty restaurant reservation. However the way the email was worded it made it sound like my entire cruise was cancelled. Now that was a bit stressful. :D

Ooo, that's a good one! What were they offering?

I've received several e-mails encouraging me to book excursions in the Baltics. I'm going to the fjords. I always go back to check my reservation, make sure I'm going to the right place.

Same here for our Norwegian Fjord cruise next August. Every single time I get the email it has a picture of St. Petersburg and lists out ports in the Baltics. I just shake my head.