Crossword puzzles and Sudokus

cruisenfreak

there is a daily Sudoko and also a daily trivia sheet (theme based).... you can pick these up at the library, at about 9 AM...

In addition, the library has some tables with a New York times crossword puzzle as a table top. Ask the librarian for a marker to use for solving (wipes off)

Carol

Edited by CJcruzer

In addition, the library has some tables with a New York times crossword puzzle as a table top. Ask the librarian for a marker to use for solving (wipes off)

Carol

Do the crossword puzzles on the tables get changed at all? They look like solid table tops, with no opening in which to slide a new puzzle. Wouldn't people get bored after doing the same puzzle more than once? Or is that why I rarely see anyone doing the tabletop crossword puzzles?

Or you could get an offline Sudoku game. My daughter downloaded one for me on my iPad from something called Fingerarts. I do 40 or 50 a day (drives my husband crazy)! It must have thousands of games at different levels. There may very well be crossword puzzle "books" like that, too.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The New York Times Digest is distributed throughout the ship. If you are on a European Cruise it is not available until late in morning or early afternoon. (Think 6:00 AM New York Time). The crossword follows the NY Times pattern throughout the week, easiest on Monday, hardest on Saturday and longest on Sunday.

On our east to west transatlantic cruises if for some reason the internet went down or the printing machine failed, you would see lots of zombie like passengers muttering "crossword, crossword, I need crossword".

Yes, we do crossword puzzles every day. It becomes a habit. DH downloads USA TODAY, Was. Post and LA Times puzzles for me and I keep some for the cruise. The Post, Times and NY Times all increase with difficulty as the week goes on.

On last week's cruise the Times daily newspaper (cruise edition) wasn't available until 8 a.m. This paper can be found in the Lido entry, Exploration Cafe and front office. The front office prints and then folds them each morning. I also found, beside Sudoku, a daily crossword at the Explorations Cafe (library). Don't know if this was just for N Amsterdam.

Or you could get an offline Sudoku game. My daughter downloaded one for me on my iPad from something called Fingerarts. I do 40 or 50 a day (drives my husband crazy)! It must have thousands of games at different levels. There may very well be crossword puzzle "books" like that, too.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That's what I play as well but not 40-50 times a day :eek::eek:

I have found the daily quizzes that are found in the Library area to often be quite interesting on which to work.

Since the first quiz submitted with the most correct answers is the winner, I find it challenging to get started on it soon enough in order to have a chance of winning.

(Having more significant prizes might help my motivation, I think. How many ship's pins does one need to collect anyway?)