Present

LUVTOKRUZ

We are mystified - arrived home yesterday to find a box from Oceania on our doorstep. It contained two bathrobes from them - are they trying to win back our business? Will there be a charge on our credit card even though we didn't order them? Has anyone else had this happen to them?

We had done 10 cruises with them totalling about 120 days, but have not sailed with them since a miserable cruise on Regatta in 2012. Up until that cruise we had spoken very highly of them! It they really wanted our business back they would get on the phone to us and ask us what they were doing wrong. And it's not about getting a freebie, it about going to your customers and using what they have to say since apparently the on-board survey means nothing!

We had met some wonderful crew and have enjoyed their friendship on and off the ship...

I don't know why you got them but I don't think they are trying to win back you business.

We are Gold and we have several more cruises booked and we got them as well. There is no bribing needed with us. Just enjoy them, give them as gifts or send them back with a note why you don't want them. :)

Edited by Paulchili

We are mystified - arrived home yesterday to find a box from Oceania on our doorstep. It contained two bathrobes from them - are they trying to win back our business? Will there be a charge on our credit card even though we didn't order them? Has anyone else had this happen to them?

We had done 10 cruises with them totalling about 120 days, but have not sailed with them since a miserable cruise on Regatta in 2012. Up until that cruise we had spoken very highly of them! It they really wanted our business back they would get on the phone to us and ask us what they were doing wrong. And it's not about getting a freebie, it about going to your customers and using what they have to say since apparently the on-board survey means nothing!

We had met some wonderful crew and have enjoyed their friendship on and off the ship...

To get an answer (1) call your TA or (2) call O.

Never look a gift horse in the mouth! Accept the gift, use it, donate it, or burn it, you get to choose. It was rather snarly of you to imply that O would charge you for them. I don't think that you believe that would happen, you just wanted to be snarly and combative.

Hope the rest of your day goes better. Merry Christmas!

And we've taken more than OP (just a few more though, not a LOT more) and never got those lovely robes.

I'm wondering why the 2012 Regatta cruise was so terrible, though ... we were on Regatta in August 2012 and it was an excellent cruise, as always. Either we were lucky, or OP was extremely UNlucky.

Mura

We get a gift every year. This year bathrobes, last year a book about art on Marina and Riviera. We have also gotten a cheese board, food, wine stopper, etc.

We have never discovered exactly how they determine who they are sending gifts to. We are about to go on our 15th cruise so I am sure the number of cruises is a major part of the determining factor. I think we started getting gifts after our 10th cruise, but am not positive.

Some have said it is your travel agent and how much business they do with Oceania. I have also heard it is the top 100, 250, etc repeat cruisers but based on your history that seems unlikely.

In any event, enjoy the robes, no obligation comes with them.

nothing here but I suspect they are for people with 10+ cruises

we are not there yet

Enjoy for those that received them

Do other cruise lines send some sort of gifts to past guests with some status??

Lyn

How interesting, we have 6 cruises with them in the last 12 months and haven't even received a Christmas card, much less anything else.

Not that we need it like some people but you'd think when we're on board the "Oceania Ambassador" would at least send a note thanking us for our loyalty.;) Not once have any of the ambassadors ever said as much as boo to us. I guess they're too busy booking future cruises for others.

We received our robes 2 weeks ago (and gave them to friends), but our friends received theirs only a day ago. Not really sure what their process might be, but do not give up hope.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hi Mura: I think it was just one of those cruises. Did not like the cruise director at all - Dottie - she was nice but too "down home" for me. Had a nasty altercation in the dining room, there was nothing on the menu my partner wanted, we'd had a rough day as I had an email that my aunt had died...which we mentioned to our waitress since we were friends with her. All we really wanted to eat was a piece of beef tenderloin for dinner. Even though it was on the menu upstairs, they refused to give it too us, even though we dragged the Executive Chef Ronald into it (we weren't being unpleasant about it) I thought that was particularly lacking in grace and accommodation on Oceania's part.

Hi Mura: I think it was just one of those cruises. Did not like the cruise director at all - Dottie - she was nice but too "down home" for me. Had a nasty altercation in the dining room, there was nothing on the menu my partner wanted, we'd had a rough day as I had an email that my aunt had died...which we mentioned to our waitress since we were friends with her. All we really wanted to eat was a piece of beef tenderloin for dinner. Even though it was on the menu upstairs, they refused to give it too us, even though we dragged the Executive Chef Ronald into it (we weren't being unpleasant about it) I thought that was particularly lacking in grace and accommodation on Oceania's part.

HMMMM so were you on your past cruises allowed to order meals from the specialties in the GDR??

Most people are not

Years ago, we used to get birthday greetings with a $50 voucher to be used on a future cruise. My DH still gets his without a voucher but I don't get anything. We would also get Christmas/Holiday cards until about 4 years ago when they switched to couriering us gifts. The robes arrived last week. Perfect for those cold wintery nights lying in front of the fireplace but going on a cruise to warm climes is a better alternative and use the robes they provide.

We really appreciate Oceania's thoughts and also wish everyone the Best of the Season.