Where do you park in Ft Lauderdale?

michelle.zhang.90

I'm looking for parking for our upcoming cruise next week. Hard to decide:

1. Park N Go: 5 days total: $49. Valet parking, so we'll give our key to them. Question:

a. how fast can they pick us up before embarking or after disembarking?

b. how far is it from the cruise port?

c. we have two little kids, will it be too much hassle?

2. Port Everglades parking: $15 per day.

Question:

a. any extra tax we need to pay or the total will be $75?

b. how long do we need to walk from the parking spot to the cruise?

Any comments or suggestions?

I'm looking for parking for our upcoming cruise next week. Hard to decide:

1. Park N Go: 5 days total: $49. Valet parking, so we'll give our key to them. Question:

a. how fast can they pick us up before embarking or after disembarking? you board a shuttle as soon as you give them your car...some times it may be a few mins. before you leave as they want to take as many as possible in one trip (but we have never been packed in like sardines ;))...we have never waited more that 10 mins. or so....for us their shuttle has always been waiting on us when we returned...but they also give you a # to call if a shuttle is not waiting there.

b. how far is it from the cruise port? maybe 2 miles

c. we have two little kids, will it be too much hassle? sorry...never sailed with little ones.

2. Port Everglades parking: $15 per day. never used port parking...

Question:

a. any extra tax we need to pay or the total will be $75?

b. how long do we need to walk from the parking spot to the cruise?

Any comments or suggestions?

See above in red....we have used Park & Go several times with no issues...very courteous staff.

Port Everglades Parking

Price includes any tax

Parking is covered

You can drop off your luggage and passengers and then park or park first and roll/carry your luggage to the porters. There are no porters in the garages, they are not allowed there.

You have to take the elevator down.

Parking deck is right next to the pier.

You need to know which pier you will embark from and disembark from. The piers are shown on the Port Everglades web site 7 days in advance. Princess normally uses piers 2 and 4 at the Northport, but they also use midport piers and on occasion piers 26 to 29 which are out of the way. Look at this site: http://www.porteverglades.net/about-us/

There are in-port shuttles that run from the midport garage to the northport garage.

Just depends on how much you feel ease is worth. I know with kids, which way I'd go. The start and end to the vacation is made soooo much easier when you know your car is within steps.

Edited by eandj

There are no porters in the garages, they are not allowed there.

I have had porters bring my bags to the garage at the end of the

cruise. Upon arriving, it is much easier to simply drop off the

bags, as that is what they are set-up to do.

We used the parking garage for the Nov 6 Regal Princess three day. The Regal was at pier 2. We parked in the north garage close to the elevator. We took the elevator down, wheeled the tagged luggage to the porters, and then got in line. Very short walk. This was only for a three day cruise. The total cost for the garage was $45 ($15 per day times 3) We were off the ship and quickly in our car heading north after the cruise.

Our other cruises from Ft. Lauderdale involved flying in and taking a shuttle from the hotel.

For the first time we will be using:

http://www.unitedairportparking.com/

For our 11 day Panama Canal cruise it will cost us only $51.86. They have a free shuttle that takes you to the Port plus return from the Port to the parking lot that is located behind the Embassy Suites Hotel on 17th Ave Ft Lauderdale.

I echo the comments that Park n'Go is an easy choice...but two little kids add a definite re-think...I would opt for the higher price and the ease of walking to your car.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

For the first time we will be using:

http://www.unitedairportparking.com/

For our 11 day Panama Canal cruise it will cost us only $51.86. They have a free shuttle that takes you to the Port plus return from the Port to the parking lot that is located behind the Embassy Suites Hotel on 17th Ave Ft Lauderdale.

We've used them for 4 cruises and had no problems. No wait for a shuttle either going to the ship or back to get your car. Will use them for our Panama Canal cruise in Jan.

We have sailed out of Ft. Lauderdale at least 15 times. We tried Park-N-Go and we have done the port garage.

Yes, you can save some money with Park-N-Go and their shuttle is good. For the last several cruises we have chosen the port garage.

Why? Mainly the convenience. When you are already spending thousands of dollars on a cruise, I really don't worry too much about spending a little more to park. It is almost what they call a "rounding error".

The other thing I considers is when we are returning and have all that luggage, you have to lug it over to the shuttle, squeeze into a usually very full shuttle van, then pull the luggage out and load your car. It is just so much easier at the end of the cruise to just walk across the street, go up the elevator and within minutes be on the way home (we live in Orlando).

Nothing wrong with Park-N-Go, just think the extra $$ to park in the port garage is worth it.

I'd recommend Park N Fly - they do not keep your car keys, they pick you up and drop you off at your vehicle, they load your luggage onto their shuttle and take it off for you. There shuttles hold only about 8-10 people and they never crowd you in or have people stand. If they are not there when you get off the ship, a phone call will get you a shuttle in a few minutes. They are about the same distance outside the port as Park N Go.

We use them all the time and have never had an issue.

Marianne

I generally park in the port garage for the convenience, as already expressed. It's great to be on the road in our car within 10 minutes of exiting the port building. This time, we're on an 11 day cruise, so we're trying the unlimited period parking special at the Downtown Ft. Lauderdale Hampton Inn--unlike the other nearby hotels, which cap free parking at 7 days, its special is for the length of the cruise, with a free one-way shuttle to the ship.

Thank you all for the reply! DH and I decide to go with the port garage. With two little ones this might be easier than park n go. Btw, anyone knows if there's any cart we can use to transport our luggage to check in point? We have a stroller and four big pieces. Also, do you think the luggage can fit in our stateroom? DH is worrying I packed too much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you all for the reply! DH and I decide to go with the port garage. With two little ones this might be easier than park n go. Btw, anyone knows if there's any cart we can use to transport our luggage to check in point? We have a stroller and four big pieces. Also, do you think the luggage can fit in our stateroom? DH is worrying I packed too much.

Last Royal cruise there was someone pushing a 4 wheel cart off the ship with the walk-offs & I just assumed he borrowed it from the ship.

When we have parked in the North port garage, I have not seen any type of luggage cart. We usually park on Level 2 close to the two elevators. The elevators are located on the same side of the garage as the on-ramp into the garage.

Unless your luggage is extra large, you should be able to put two under the bed and the other two in the bottom of the closet area.

We've used them for 4 cruises and had no problems. No wait for a shuttle either going to the ship or back to get your car. Will use them for our Panama Canal cruise in Jan.

Thanks for the feedback on the Embassy Suites parking lot. I called them to find out if they keep your car keys & they said only if we wanted valet parking. What was your experience ?

We always have used the Port parking since it is, as others has said, very easy access to the ship & back to the parking garage. Wanted to try another parking option to see how this would be.

Thanks for the feedback on the Embassy Suites parking lot. I called them to find out if they keep your car keys & they said only if we wanted valet parking. What was your experience ?

We always have used the Port parking since it is, as others has said, very easy access to the ship & back to the parking garage. Wanted to try another parking option to see how this would be.

We have always parked ourselves. Unloaded luggage at their front door and DH drove around to park behind the hotel. It is fenced in. You walk through the hotel to the front where you will catch the shuttle. We usually do early walk-off on the ship and call for their shuttle after going through customs so we get an early start driving back to Alabama. Next month we are visiting friends who live in FL so we won't be in a hurry to get off the ship. Nice when you live in FL:)

We did use Port parking when our grandkids were younger as we had a lot of luggage with all their stuff they needed. For the past few years we have used the Embassy Suite parking.

We have always parked ourselves. Unloaded luggage at their front door and DH drove around to park behind the hotel. It is fenced in. You walk through the hotel to the front where you will catch the shuttle. We usually do early walk-off on the ship and call for their shuttle after going through customs so we get an early start driving back to Alabama.

Thanks so much for the details Tina! We're parking there in March. :)

Thanks so much for the details Tina! We're parking there in March. :)

We will be there too. Doing a girls (daughter and grand daughter) spring break cruise on the 30th.

Their web site is easy to use to make a booking. As far as I know, they don't take cars without a booking. You will print off all the documents you need for parking their. Plus, it is very easy to get find them.