Website strikes again - unable to log into My Celebrity

iandjm

Hi, it looks like some clever clogs has changed the password criteria on 'my celebrity' to specify all passwords are 7 digits or more. All very well unless you have had a 6 digit password for years! Now I am unable to log into 'my celebritry' at all. I just get a message saying passwords must be 7-15 Characters. Spaces not allowed.

I have tried clicking the 'forgotten password' link but this does not send the email as promised.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Many thanks

Ian

Exact same thing for me when I tried to log in and pay final payment. On the phone with Celebrity now and they aren't being much help... just telling me to click the "forgot password" link and reset it.

My guess is their wonderful (sarcasm in case it's not evident) IT department changed their password requirements and didn't both to let anyone know.

If I get a straight answer I'll post it... otherwise I'll just reset my password and chaulk it up to the IT incompetence.

Exact same thing for me when I tried to log in and pay final payment. On the phone with Celebrity now and they aren't being much help... just telling me to click the "forgot password" link and reset it.

My guess is their wonderful (sarcasm in case it's not evident) IT department changed their password requirements and didn't both to let anyone know.

If I get a straight answer I'll post it... otherwise I'll just reset my password and chaulk it up to the IT incompetence.

Hi there,

We'll escalate this immediately.

Hi there,

We'll escalate this immediately.

Thanks, I've already spoken with Liz from the Captain's Club who is also looking into this. Based on our conversation I also tried to reset my password and have yet to receive any e-mail confirmation that would allow me to do that.

She asked that I call back later today (3 hrs) to advise if I did or did not get any e-mail allowing me to reset my password.

Thankfully the wait time on the phone was short and I was able to pay my final cruise payment.

Putting a notice on your website advising people of this change (assuming your IT dept did change the password requirements without letting anyone know) should be an immediate priority however.

Same problem here...was surprised to see I needed 7 digits today, when 6 has been sufficient up until now:rolleyes: Figured, ok, I'll reset the password as requested but no email reply....decided to come on here to see if I was the only one and lo and behold it's on their end and it's not just me! Guess I'll try later and hope this isn't going to take as long for them to fix as the Connections Party registration links:eek:

same problem. nothing wrong with them changing the password requirements, but that shouldn't prevent someone from logging in with a current password, just force them to change it after logon. then when you go to contact celebrity by email, when you send the email you get the "page not found" error.

Today is our final payment day. I have not bought airfare yet. If I lose my cabin I'll be sad.:mad: I do hope my TA can make final payment.

Today is our final payment day. I have not bought airfare yet. If I lose my cabin I'll be sad.:mad: I do hope my TA can make final payment.

Shouldn't be a problem as the celebrity rep was able to take care of my final payment with no problem. If you haven't touched base with your TA you might want to give them a call just to be sure.

To Celebrity Cruises. Still no access to My Celebrity and still no e-mail after 4+ hours of requesting a password reset.

Sent you an e-mail a couple hours ago with all my details.

Hi all,

If you are having this issue, can you please send us your reservation number and/or username to concerns@celebrity.com. Thank you, and sorry for any issues this morning.

I was considering making a reservation earlier this week. While looking around I encountered the log in page under existing reservations. I had not used the site for awhile and couldn't find the user name and password. Used the show me my user name link and the site promptly showed me the user name.

Since I didn't have the password, I tried to use the forgot password link on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Each time said they had sent an email. No email and yes, I checked the spam folder.

I made a reservation yesterday using a TA and then tried to log in again to verify the reservation. Was unsuccessful.

Called Celebrity. Very nice person who said that this was a common problem and would contact IT. When I asked how I would know the problem was fixed, I was told I should just periodically try to log in. Very nice person did not know of any one who'd been contacted by IT trying to fix problem or were contacted to be informed problem was fixed. Not a good IT system. Very nice person showed me another way to see the reservation I had just made but was not optimistic about finding my old password.

To make this more interesting, in frustration, I re-registered under a different user name and a new password and was able to find the reservation I had just made. Then, I found my old password and re-entered Celebrity and was able to log in using my old user name and my old password and saw my new reservation there. So, now, I can see the same reservation with two different user names and with two different passwords. That shouldn't be possible.

My old password satisfied the new criteria so that was no issue.

Edited by RocketMan275

Thanks to the Celebrity official that responded and is attempting to correct the situation.

I know it has been said a MILLION times but the ongoing problems with the website is beyond comprehension. I simply can't understand how it can be allowed to continue. Hopefully with a new person at the top they will at least start getting their act together. One has to wonder how much business they have lost as a result of the website. As you can see by my cruises below I prefer the X experience. I did however take a Princess cruise earlier this year and have to say their website is excellent.

Same login problem here -- requiring 7-15 letter password -- mine is 6 and I have been using this for years .

I have tried to reset the password after clicking to say I have forgotten mine -- Celebrity then said it has sent me an email - which has not arrived.

What to do now ?? Out comes the mad smilie again :mad: .

Both my adult children have 6 letter passwords also , so thats 3x cross families here.

Posted December 17th, 2014, 04:43 PM - 2 days ago!!!!

but we work very hard to provide information to our IT team in order to patch up any issues. From my understanding, our website issues are slowly, but surely being resolved.

We don't have anything to worry about, they are working on it though,

very slowly!!!!

Yesterday we could login just fine. Today, we can't. 6 char password issues. This is very painful. We're heading out on a holiday cruise soon, and need to take care of some final items. We've called in, and they said to create a new login/password. No thanks. Re entering all the address, ever contacts, preferences, etc. - why???! I have just sent an email to the celebrity folks - let's see if they follow-up.

The Celebrity website has been poor for at least 3 cruises for us - simply no excuse for this. So many people use the web for access, and they can make their customer experience so much better by applying competent IT in this area. It is a poor reflection on the company - glad I know the cruise ships themselves are run way better than this site!

This issue isn't fixed for me at this time. I no longer get the password fail in the upper right login box - instead, I get "Username or Password you entered is incorrect. Please revise your entry and try again." down in the middle of the screen, with another username/password login box.

When I retype my username/password at the "Login to My Celebrity" area, I get the failure: "7-15 Characters. Spaces not allowed." Same issue as before. My password is and always has been 6 characters. I'm happy to change it, but when I click on "forget password?", Nothing comes to my email. (Yes, I checked my spam folder as well).

How can I change my password for my existing username, or as an alternative, use my current 6 character password?

Tim