I should have booked yesterday!

The 2 RC voyages as well as some others I was watching for a long time have stayed the same for months.

But are still out of my acceptable price range.

I went ahead and booked the new Regal Princess instead.

They are the only cruise lines with reasonable rates for Thanksgiving week....

The 2 RC voyages as well as some others I was watching for a long time have stayed the same for months.

I have often wondered how much business RCI looses with its pricing strategies. I remember one year we really wanted to try a Freedom class ship for the first time and the pricing was ridiculously high. We watched it for awhile but finally had to make a commitment to something more reasonable. Once the Indy cruise we wanted got past final payment the price dropped like a rock to try and fill the ship. Unfortunately, it was too late for us. If their pricing had been more reasonable they would have sold us a cabin and had one less cabin to have to sell in the fire sale.

Edited by Ocean Boy

I would have done the same. I got a great rate for the Allure for this March. Otherwise, I would have done the exact same rate on the Regal Princess for half of what the Allure is asking for right now. Hope that RCCL is offering more competitive pricing when I go to book my next cruise, otherwise I will likely not be able to stay loyal to Royal...

Our two booked cruises remained the same. I'm thinking w/ the improved economy in the US, we might not see price drops as we have the past 5-7 yrs. But who knows? But I have a monitor set up on both cruises. We're now looking at an Alaskan cruise so we're constantly checking rates.

Edited by Goodtime Cruizin

Always Book once you know the sailing you want. If the price goes down you can always get a credit if you have not made final payment, Or Cancel and re- book at the lower rate. All Deposit are fefundable before final payment.

The other way to look at it is if everyone used this tactic it would be highly unlikely that there would be any price drops because the ship would appear to the cruise line be selling well, right? In fact if people held off on booking until cruises were close to, or after, final payment date prices would plummet as it would appear to the cruise lines like the ship was selling very poorly.

I'm glad we did book earlier this week as most prices did go up on the cruise we just booked. I was looking today to book friends who want to go on same cruise. Initially they wanted a cheap inside but prices went up $75 per person and higher depending on category and the OBC remained the same. There was still a large F OV gty that remained at the same price so they booked it as its price was now only $90 each more than a Z inside gty. There are no F OV cabins showing available, only FO and PF OV cabins so it will be interesting to see what they get assigned. ;)

We booked the same F gty and got a extra large P2 Panoramic OV assigned to us within a few hours. :D

Edited by robtulipe

Yeah...was wondering if prices would change today since it's now January. The Buy One Second One Half Off sale still seems to be there.

Our cruise price is the same, but I noticed that for the exact same cruise/ship/itinerary that is directly following our cruise....before it was $100 cheaper than ours and now it is $100 more than ours. So that one went up by $200. I also did a compare of Disney cruises I was watching and also noticed a particular cabin (interior but larger one) also went up by about $200.

Someone mentioned on here that once they sell a certain number in a category that they raise the prices. But Jan 1st seems like a date thing as well.