Mini Suite Grand Princess

runner2013

Hi all, we have an Alaska trip planned this spring and have booked a mini suite to stay in. Since this is the first time we are sailing Princess-we usually sail on NCL -could someone tell me what perks come from staying in this type of room? I'm assuming we'll have someone to make reservations for dinner,excursions and shows, etc. But I can't seem to find anything written stating what else we might be entitled to.

Thanks in advance for your help

Hi all, we have an Alaska trip planned this spring and have booked a mini suite to stay in. Since this is the first time we are sailing Princess-we usually sail on NCL -could someone tell me what perks come from staying in this type of room? I'm assuming we'll have someone to make reservations for dinner,excursions and shows, etc. But I can't seem to find anything written stating what else we might be entitled to.

A glass of Champagne is it.

If you have traditional fixed seating dining then you have no need to make dinner reservations they are made when you book. If you have Anytime Dining, it is walk in or you can make reservations by calling the DINE line once on board. You can also call the DINE line for reservations in the Crown Grill, Sabatini's or the Crab Shack, which have a surcharge. Dining in Alfredo's, International Cafe, Buffet, Trident Grill, Prego Pizza, Pub Lunch, and room service is no charge and just walk in. You can make all Princess excursion reservations on line in the Cruise Personalizer. The excursion charges will appear on your on board folio. You can also reserve excursions on board, but selections may be limited. All shows are walk in, no reservations, and there will be multiple shows and activities in the various lounges each evening. Shows in the 8/8:30pm hours are the most crowded.

If you have sailed with NCL then you will likely understand - NCL does the exact same thing! They name their cabins mini-"suites" which seems to cause so much confusion on what perks are given for this level of cabin. I have never understood why they don't simply rename the cabin to ensure no confusion for folks that think that a suite is a suite, when in fact it isn't. Hope you're not too disappointed!

Bummer, Hope Princess adopts double credit like Holland America does.

"MARINER SOCIETY®

Benefits Overview

When you cruise with Holland America Line, you’re automatically enrolled in our Mariner Society – the most generous rewards program at sea. As a member, you’ll earn Cruise Day credits for every day you cruise and for each time you make an onboard purchase, like an evening of fine dining in the elegant Pinnacle Grill or a rejuvenating spa treatment. These credits help you increase your Mariner Star status and earn even greater rewards just for doing what you love.

In addition, there are easy ways to earn bonus Cruise Day credits and make exploring even more rewarding.

Suite Bonus – Earn double Cruise Day credits when you pay a published fare for a spacious suite or penthouse on your next cruise.

Onboard Spending Bonus – Earn one bonus credit for each $300 in eligible onboard purchases you make.*

"

HAL doesn't have any cabins sold as mini-suites. They have verandah and then full suites.

On the Zuiderdam, (Vista Class) they have Signature Suite which and Neptune Suite

Signature Suite - 2 lower beds convertible to 1 queen-size bed, bathroom with dual-sink vanity, full-size whirlpool bath & shower & additional shower stall, large sitting area, private verandah, 1 sofa bed for 1 person, floor-to-ceiling windows. Approximately 372–384 sq. ft. including verandah

Neptune Suite - 2 lower beds convertible to 1 king-size bed, bathroom with dual sink vanity, full-size whirlpool bath, shower and additional shower stall, large sitting area, dressing room, private verandah, 1 sofa bed for 2 persons, floor-to-ceiling windows. Approximately 500–712 sq. ft. including verandah.

On the Eurodam (Signature Class)

Signature Suite - 2 lower beds convertible to 1 queen-size bed, bathroom with dual-sink vanity, full-size whirlpool bath & shower & additional shower stall, large sitting area, private verandah, 1 sofa bed for 1 person, floor-to-ceiling windows. Approximately 273–456 sq. ft. including verandah

Neptune Suite - 2 lower beds convertible to 1 king-size bed, bathroom with dual sink vanity, full-size whirlpool bath, shower and additional shower stall, large sitting area, dressing room, private verandah, 1 sofa bed for 2 persons, floor-to-ceiling windows. Approximately 506–590 sq. ft. including verandah.

Your mini suite entitles you to a key...... and a phone to make reservations with.... oh a glass of cheap sparkling wine ( not cham)

You might consider this concept that to get more and better perks and experience it is many times better to go up in lines than in cabins because you just do not get the value..

A mini-suite on Princess is the equivalent to a "superior verandah" on HAL. It's not a suite but a larger cabin with a larger bathroom.

With an entire deck of mini-suites plus those on Emerald deck on the Grand-class ships, they're nice but not special. When you have a cabin type of well over 150 available, you're among hundreds of passengers. No perks.

Check out the prices for a Window Suite on the Grand. Generally, they run about the same price of a Mini-Suite, but do include all the perks of a suite. The only thing missing will be the Balcony. There are lots of public places to view the glaciers. I think the Coral is the best ship for glacier watching.