Can I move FCC from May to Oct trip?

latebloomer56

Hi all just a question on FCC as I am still getting mixed answers from TA on everything. We may need to postpone our May trip on the CB due to my health issues have risen again. We could go but I really don't want to be ill in Rome again. We haven't paid the final payment yet so the question is.

Can we move the FCC we used on this trip to a different trip in the fall (fingers crossed)? We would stay nearer the states and do a pacific coastal trip instead until I'm stronger we would stick to shorter trips.

This was booked long ago and we will not be using this TA going forward and not comfortable going directly through Princess as the very few times I have I never got the same answer twice. This site has always pointed me in the right direction so I know how to proceed.

If it helps this FCC was purchased when we went to Hawaii on board the Golden. So it was paid for by us if that matters.

Thanks in advance.

Your FCC should be returned to your Princess account and visible in the personalizer, provided you cancel before final payment is due. You could then use it for whatever cruise you wind up booking. I could be wrong but this has been my experience when we've changed plans in the past.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Your FCC was purchased in 2012....if it was under the old (valid for 4 years) program it should transfer easily. If it is under the current (valid for 2 years) plan, you may have to have it updated or refunded to your CC.

I would think that Princess would answer this question for you even tho you are using a TA for the actual booking.

It completely depends if you used your deposit on a promotion that has "non refundable deposits" or not.

Princess is running these promos all the time. It is confusing for an agent off the top of her head with out checking your booking information if your booking has a refundable or non-refundable deposit. I read a recent email from an agent (who I do not use) who basically said "assume your deposits are non-refundable if you want to make a change". I was not impressed with this approach - she probably should have said "don't assume that it is transferrable or refundable - I will need some time to check".

Also, the agent can charge a cancellation fee. I don't use one who does but some do.

Edited by Coral

As long as your May cruise was booked with a refundable deposit, you'll definitely be able to transfer the FCC to the new booking. You can either ask your TA to "cancel and re-book" or just straight cancel. If you cancel, the FCC will be put back into your Princess account for you to apply to any future cruise up until it expires.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Back in the day, it was easy for me to redeposit and re-use a non-expired FCC, but I was told I could only do that once per FCC. Not sure, since they keep changing the rules, and frequently, whether that's still the case.

Latebloomer-your Hawaii cruise was just days prior to the change from 4 yr to 2 yr expiry on FCCs. The FCCs you purchased and used should have a four year expiration. Assuming that your May booking does not have a non-refundable deposit, then your FCC will be returned to your account to be re-used one time, which you can use for your substitute cruise. You do need to book a cruise before their expiration, which would be Sep/Oct. of 2016.

Had these been two year expiry FCCs, they are now expired, and any cancellation of the booking would result in a) forfeiture if the deposit was NR or b) refund of the cost of the FCC of it was a refundable deposit, but loss of the associated OBC.

Thank you everybody I feel better. We haven't paid final payment yet, generally early on this but held back this time. Will wait to make the final call after surgery. Will know more then. Still planning on Pacific coast in the fall just not sure with which line at this time. If just us Princess if the boys + then who knows :). Love the planning.

Thanks again as always a great help.