What don't I get with the Classic Pkg?

Musigurl

I see lots of threads/comments re: what you get with Classic and Premium packages.

My question is what will I miss out on if I only have the Classic pkg?

I know there's a difference in which wines I can get? What about freshly squeezed juice? Water? Smoothies? Cocktails and blended drinks?

I see lots of threads/comments re: what you get with Classic and Premium packages.

I know there's a difference in which wines I can get? What about freshly squeezed juice? Water? Smoothies? Cocktails and blended drinks?

You will get bottled water, but not sparkling water. Many cocktails are included. There are a few martinis that are available in a smaller size (cosmo, appletini, among a couple others). DH was able to get his rusty nail (scotch and Drambuie). I believe Smoothies are in the premium. Had no problem getting frozen drinks (pina coladas; frozen margaritas; frozen daiquiries; drink of the day - without the souvenir glass). Soda is included in the package. The Molecular Bar and the Martini Bar are mostly premium drinks (see comment above about the smaller martinis).

We originally planned on upgrading on board, but never felt the need to.

You can upgrade to premium up until the third day before disembarkation. You therefore have the time to check out the classic and then upgrade if you want to.

I know it is only $11.50 extra per day but those extras can add up. We upgraded 4 times and now stick with the classic. Tried the drinks in the Molecuar bar, and most Martinis. The martinis sounded nice but all that fancy stuff wasn't that great. The Molecular bar also wears out after a while. The so called craft beers were old and skunky tasting due to lack of turnover, every time I went I went into Michaels club it was deserted, can see why they are using for something else.

If it is your first time it may be worth the upgrade to try the fancier stuff but for us we no longer feel the need.

Drink up 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

Suggest you try out the Classic package for a few days before deciding to upgrade. You may find that it more than meets your needs. We found that we could get most cocktails provided we let the bar staff choose the alcohol. Some booze is premium some classic. When one mixes it with juice, ice mix and whatever any premium is lost in the mix anyway. We stayed away from the Martini Bar and found only one cocktail that we have liked to try outside the Classic package. We compromised and had another cocktail within the package instead. No big deal

The wines by the glass on Classic were so-so in the main dining room on Constellation in December IMHO, and some after dinner drinks I like were only in the Premium level, so I'll probably upgrade on board next cruise.

(Probably would cost out to be the same by the time we buy bottles of better wine and pay the full price for a few drinks.)

That said, the Classic covered everything else we cared about and the service & staff attitudes were 100% great regardless of where or how we were paying. Celebrity seems to have the whole team onboard supporting use of a package, which made it even more attractive as a perk. It was a terrific benefit and definitely influenced our decision to book two more cruises.

Edited by Caribbean Chris

You have cruised a lot, go and look at some of the cabin statements you brought home. Based on what you have bought before, you will have the best road map ever! If OJ out of a 5 gallon concentrate mix is pleasing to your taste buds, and the same for what they want to convince us is coffee, you will be Okie dokie:D

We had the classic package in August on the Connie and attached is the list of drinks available using the classic package. I've added the docs directly which may be difficult to see. I've also added a link to them on imagevenue but you may get pop ups when you view them, my apologies in advance if you do.

The list will probably change based on ship and itinerary but what you will see is a fairly comprehensive offering of bar rail type drinks. The only issue for us was the lack of variety on a 12 days cruise. The wine/beers were fairly limited (but decent) and we found ourselves drinking the same wines/beers each day. If you like scotch you'll also find the selection in the classic package very weak.

For our next cruise we'll probably upgrade halfway through and see.

th_676476950_CelebrityConstellationClassic0001_122_90lo.jpg th_676481462_CelebrityConstellationClassic0002_122_390lo.jpg

505056327_CelebrityConstellationClassic0001.jpg.32c5efcf5006d6456767366775ffa19f.jpg

2099464125_CelebrityConstellationClassic0002.jpg.b0bcb4755fc32ec6d76662329ce9b7c3.jpg

Edited by RickT

We had the classic package in August on the Connie and attached is the list of drinks available using the classic package. I've added the docs directly which may be difficult to see. I've also added a link to them on imagevenue but you may get pop ups when you view them, my apologies in advance if you do.

The list will probably change based on ship and itinerary but what you will see is a fairly comprehensive offering of bar rail type drinks. The only issue for us was the lack of variety on a 12 days cruise. The wine/beers were fairly limited (but decent) and we found ourselves drinking the same wines/beers each day. If you like scotch you'll also find the selection in the classic package very weak.

For our next cruise we'll probably upgrade halfway through and see.

th_676476950_CelebrityConstellationClassic0001_122_90lo.jpg th_676481462_CelebrityConstellationClassic0002_122_390lo.jpg

I believe the list you posted is already outdated.

Celebrity has the brands listed on their website, and as an example, Bombay Sapphire Gin is on your list, but no longer on their list. (It was on their previous list from May 2014, but has since been removed, along with many other brands.)

Here is the link for the Celebrity list of brands included in the Classic & Premium packages, from their own website:

https://secure.celebritycruises.com/celebrity/media/celebrity/shared_assets/pdf/Classic-Premium-Bev-Pckgs.pdf

Suggest you try out the Classic package for a few days before deciding to upgrade. You may find that it more than meets your needs. We found that we could get most cocktails provided we let the bar staff choose the alcohol. Some booze is premium some classic. When one mixes it with juice, ice mix and whatever any premium is lost in the mix anyway. We stayed away from the Martini Bar and found only one cocktail that we have liked to try outside the Classic package. We compromised and had another cocktail within the package instead. No big deal

So, if I walk up to a bar and order, say, a martini, how will I tell them I am classic so I don't pay extra? Sorry if I am being stupid!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

They will know by looking at your cabin card....We always get the classic and that keeps us plenty satisfied for the week!!!

FYI....I can tell you that on one cruise, on the last day, I actually saw a bartender pouring Absolute in the Grey Goose bottle. So.....:eek:

So, if I walk up to a bar and order, say, a martini, how will I tell them I am classic so I don't pay extra? Sorry if I am being stupid!

Greetings

You tell them by telling them :). "Hello, I have the classic package and would like a martini. Thank You."

Good Sailing

Tom

In the initial stages suggest ask the waiter " Can I have X cocktail on my package?" They will say yes or no. If yes proceed if no choose another. You will soon find out if you can have your favourite. The staff are really helpful.

I am curious about this too. This will be my first time with a beverage package. When you go to a bar an order a drink, will they automatically tell you if what you ordered is not included in your package?

Greetings

You tell them by telling them :). "Hello, I have the classic package and would like a martini. Thank You."

Good Sailing

Tom

Correct! Nice Tom.

One of the big benefits to us was being able to pay the difference in more expensive wines by the glass. With the classic you have to pay the whole thing, not just the difference.

Cruise Junky has a good point. We chose the Classic but upgraded aboard Reflection where we found the wines by the glass to be much better. As well, we finally found the premium beers (being served only in Cellar Masters) late in the trip. While Glenlivet was included with the Classic, we often found the premium single malts to be unavailable do to 'stocking oversights'.

I know it is only $11.50 extra per day but those extras can add up. We upgraded 4 times and now stick with the classic. Tried the drinks in the Molecuar bar, and most Martinis. The martinis sounded nice but all that fancy stuff wasn't that great. The Molecular bar also wears out after a while. The so called craft beers were old and skunky tasting due to lack of turnover, every time I went I went into Michaels club it was deserted, can see why they are using for something else.

If it is your first time it may be worth the upgrade to try the fancier stuff but for us we no longer feel the need.

Drink up 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

With the intro of the Gastropub on Equinox hopefully the beers will have less time on the shelf. They were running out of most of them a couple of weeks ago. Of course there were football playoffs going on. Not sure how busy it would be otherwise. I had a couple from there, but for the most part too busy with scotch and too full of food for much beer.

Cruise Junky has a good point. We chose the Classic but upgraded aboard Reflection where we found the wines by the glass to be much better. As well, we finally found the premium beers (being served only in Cellar Masters) late in the trip. While Glenlivet was included with the Classic, we often found the premium single malts to be unavailable do to 'stocking oversights'.

Glenlivet on Classic? That's a new one, the best I've ever seen is Glenfiddich, and when they were out really couldn't be talked into substituting Glenlivet.

Frankly I found the wine on the Premium package quite lacking, and I'm far, far from being a wine snob or expert. For example there was no Red Zinfandel available by the glass and only a St Francois in the Pinot Noir. Really?

With the intro of the Gastropub on Equinox hopefully the beers will have less time on the shelf. They were running out of most of them a couple of weeks ago. Of course there were football playoffs going on. Not sure how busy it would be otherwise. I had a couple from there, but for the most part too busy with scotch and too full of food for much beer.

Glenlivet on Classic? That's a new one, the best I've ever seen is Glenfiddich, and when they were out really couldn't be talked into substituting Glenlivet.

Frankly I found the wine on the Premium package quite lacking, and I'm far, far from being a wine snob or expert. For example there was no Red Zinfandel available by the glass and only a St Francois in the Pinot Noir. Really?

Greetings

There is a Dry Creek Zin priced at $14.50/glass. Yes it's a $1.50/glass upcharge. There is also a Kendal Jackson Pinot at $10/glass.

Good Sailing

Tom

Frankly I found the wine on the Premium package quite lacking, and I'm far, far from being a wine snob or expert. quote]

Same for us when we were on the Equinox last Nov. The wine selections by the glass were terrible compared to Nov 2013 when we were on the Reflection. Celebrity really needs to get this one improved upon.

I had plenty of cocktails to choose from on the Classic Package. DH was more than happy with the beer selection.

We both were disappointed in the wine selection.

Spoke to the sommelier and she pretty much told us not to upgrade, said we would not have a better selection on the premium {we were looking for a full bodied cab}.

We ended up settling on a shiraz blend that was drinkable for dinner. Stuck to cocktails the rest of the day.

Smoothies ARE included on the classic package. BUT they were very disappointing. Made with soy milk and never very cold. Next cruise, I will try asking for extra ice and regular milk to be used and see if it gets better. Learned the hard way that I'm allergic to soy :D. After my first allergic reaction, I just avoided the smoothies after that.

Unless one wanted premium spirits (and I would not know the difference) .... I would not know the difference, I think the classic package can suit most people just fine.

I'm hoping for a better wine selection on the next cruise. Please celebrity, add a cabernet to your wine list for classic package holders!

Here is a question ... if we have a classic package and you bring wine on board, do you get charged a corkage fee?

If you want a drink that is not included in the Classic package, can you pay the difference in price for that 1 drink?

Gail

Greetings

If you have the Classic then you pay full freight for any drink over the limit. If you have the Premium then you only pay the difference.

Good Sailing

Tom

If you want a drink that is not included in the Classic package, can you pay the difference in price for that 1 drink?

Gail

No, if it is over the limit, of the Classic, we pay the entire price. Only on the Premium do we pay the difference.