Campaign for Warmer Swimming Pools.

Whhat temperature would you like the pools to be at ?  

145 members have voted

1. 1. Whhat temperature would you like the pools to be at ?

• I would like the Pools to be Warmer
    • I like the Pools at the temperature they are now.
    • I prefer my pool to be colder than they are now.

I really do feel as if many of us need to get together to ask for the on board swimming pools to be kept at a better (more useable ) temperature.

Now of course I know all about the body temperature in the hot sun making the pools seem colder than they actually are, but on many recent sailings the pool temperature has prevented many from actually using the pool at any time.

On our recent sailing on The Brilliance the Solarium pool was awesome, but the main pool very cold, and only used by a few brave soles.

What do you think ??

Surprised this topic does not come up more often - I agree 100 percent.

Now, I understand that cruise ship pools are refilled often, but on some ships its seems that no attempt is made to get them back to an acceptable temp.

On my one Carnival cruise, the pools were so cold that even the kids would not go in. So, the kids filled up the hot tubs, making them unusable also. Just one of many, many reasons why it was my only Carnival cruise.

I don't feel the need to get in the pool unless I'm REALLY hot...so a cooler temp works fine for cooling off!

My experience has been on warm/hot cruises, where the temp. of the pool is like taking a bath...not 'refreshing' at all!

One reason I hate cruising in winter....doesn't get warm enough til you get way South.

About 82 would be nice!:)

This is so funny to me as a Midwesterner. The fact that I can be in a pool in the middle of the ocean/sea in winter is enough for me! If it's at least 68 and the sun's out, I'll be in the pool. :)

Having done the conversion from celsius to fahrenheit, it turns out my ideal pool temperature is between 64F - 68F. A tad warmer is OK, but too much warmer and it feels like swimming in bacteria soup :)

Then again, I go swimming in the rain on the basis that I'm wet already - I just put my dry clothes and towel into a plastic bag!

Huh...I must be lucky. On our Thanksgiving cruise this past year on Grandeur, the outdoor pool was heated the day we boarded. It was 36 degrees out and you could see the water steaming. Two brave souls took a dip before we sailed, and I went in with my son the next evening. It was fantastic. I wonder why they don't do this more often...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Huh...I must be lucky. On our Thanksgiving cruise this past year on Grandeur, the outdoor pool was heated the day we boarded. It was 36 degrees out and you could see the water steaming. Two brave souls took a dip before we sailed, and I went in with my son the next evening. It was fantastic. I wonder why they don't do this more often...

The pool was not heated, the water was simply warmer than the air temperature. That's why it's foggy here in Florida this time of year. Cold morning air, warmer water.

The pool water on ships is not heated. They fill the pools on ships with ocean water. The ocean water that was in the pool was warmer than the outside air temperature, therefore causing the steaming effect. Even if the water in the pool was 55 degrees, the steaming phenomena would have occurred, but 55 degree pool water is still very cold to be swimming in (for me at least).

Since you were cruising on Grandeur from Baltimore in the NE -- it would not be surprising to me, for the ocean water to have been 55 degrees or so at that time of year. Water temperature in areas like Baltimore keep the coastline temperatures a little bit more moderate, of course until the bitter cold of mid winter rolls in (January/February) by when what is called a 'lake affect' has only a little residual affect.

The pool was not heated, the water was simply warmer than the air temperature. That's why it's foggy here in Florida this time of year. Cold morning air, warmer water.

The pool water on ships is not heated. They fill the pools on ships with ocean water.

They certainly have the capability to heat the pool water on many cruise ships, including many of RCI's.

They certainly have the capability to heat the pool water on many cruise ships, including many of RCI's.

Yep. And I stand by my previous statement - the pool water was heated the first two days out of Baltimore. My guess is that they knew there were 600 kids on board, and wanted to give them as many things to do as possible. I know my son and I hit the hot tubs and pool on first day, and the water in hot tubs was maybe 80 degrees and pool was maybe 70 degrees - it was as warm as a bath.

This is a ridiculous people talking about where there from and the water should be this temp or that temp the water comes from

The ocean and its friggin cold and its a shame that we pay good $ to cruise and those of us from the south won't even go in the pool.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The ocean and its friggin cold and its a shame that we pay good $ to cruise and those of us from the south won't even go in the pool.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

100% correct. We are from Canada and regretfully won't go in it too.

The seawater pools have water that is changed frequently. If they were to be heated, they would have to use a lot of extra energy and add more chlorine. I don't think anyone wants more chemical exposure than they already have.

Yes - I'm all for the pools to be heated. We had a week on Allure last November and the outside temps maybe got up to 80 on one day and only in the 70's for the rest of the week, but very windy and mostly cloudy the whole cruise. The pool temps were maybe 78 and with the wind and clouds, the pools felt freezing. The hots tubs were well used that week by kids and adults.

Having done the conversion from celsius to fahrenheit, it turns out my ideal pool temperature is between 64F - 68F. A tad warmer is OK, but too much warmer and it feels like swimming in bacteria soup :)

To you maybe, but to me 64F-68F is freezing. I jumped into my canal the other day to retrieve soemthing from under my boat. The water was 69 degress. It took my breath away.

To you maybe, but to me 64F-68F is freezing. I jumped into my canal the other day to retrieve soemthing from under my boat. The water was 69 degress. It took my breath away.
It would have to feel about 105F outside for me to get into water that's 64F (Brrr)! During the summer I keep my pool at a comfortable 87F. Although I can get used to it, 80F Feels chilly to me.