Freedom lover -- NOT like the Indy

Rock the boat is still the cover band on the ship. They were very good. We did not make many shows so I cannot comment on the headliner show. If you have any other questions I would be happy to answer them.

Oh wow that's awesome! So glad to see they are still there. They are my favorite band I've seen on any ship - they were on the Indy TA we did in Nov 2013. They got off in FLL and went back to England and since Indy didn't go back to Southampton I wasn't sure if "Rock The Boat" would be back on the ship.

Makes me want to book another Indy cruise now:p

Edit: Just read Big G's post - that's too bad.:(

Edited by The Sunset Glow

I can't comment on the internet package because we took the unlimited package and used the 20 percent off coupon. We love Freedom too but Indy was a great cruise.

Can you recall the final price for your unlimited package? Thanks.

Edited by looking4info

Being a Diamond (Diamond Plus after this is over) doesn't seem to mean a thing.

Im sorry but what, exactly, is it supposed to mean? :confused: Being Diamond should get you nothing more than three free drinks a day and a few other little perks. Service should be consistent ship wide no matter if its for a new cruiser or a Pinnacle member. if you have a problem with that you should address it with Guest Services instead of ranting on a message forum IMHO.

Im very confused by that and your whole post wreaks of an entitlement mentality.

Try and enjoy the rest of your cruise. I wouldnt expect a lot of pity around here though. You are on a cruise while some people are buried in 30" of snow not knowing if they will even make their cruise or not.

Im sorry but what, exactly, is it supposed to mean? :confused: Being Diamond should get you nothing more than three free drinks a day and a few other little perks. Service should be consistent ship wide no matter if its for a new cruiser or a Pinnacle member. if you have a problem with that you should address it with Guest Services instead of ranting on a message forum IMHO.

Im very confused by that and your whole post wreaks of an entitlement mentality.

Try and enjoy the rest of your cruise. I wouldnt expect a lot of pity around here though. You are on a cruise while some people are buried in 30" of snow not knowing if they will even make their cruise or not.

On the ship itself, whether you are a first time cruiser or a Pinnacle cruiser, service should be the same. The staff knows who is who for sure, just like they know who is in a suite.....but how the staff treats everyone should be the same. The amenities that come with being in a suite will be different, but that is INSIDE the suite and the special lounge set aside for them. To other cruisers their experience should be no different, than the wonderful staff would provide to them.

Yes, Diamonds and above receive different discounts on their cruise pricing....but that isn't going to affect the experience on the ship.

Cruising is not about (at least to me), what I am entitled to that others aren't; it about enjoying a great vacation in a manner that I love.

On the ship itself, whether you are a first time cruiser or a Pinnacle cruiser, service should be the same. The staff knows who is who for sure, just like they know who is in a suite.....but how the staff treats everyone should be the same. The amenities that come with being in a suite will be different, but that is INSIDE the suite and the special lounge set aside for them. To other cruisers their experience should be no different, than the wonderful staff would provide to them.

Yes, Diamonds and above receive different discounts on their cruise pricing....but that isn't going to affect the experience on the ship.

Cruising is not about (at least to me), what I am entitled to that others aren't; it about enjoying a great vacation in a manner that I love.

Thats basically what I was trying to say :) I am not slamming on Diamond cruisers at all. I hope to be one one day. I just dont get the mentality that just because someone is Diamond or above, they should be treated any better or receive better service and that exactly how her post came off to me. :)

I love your last sentence. Thats an outlook we all should have :)

Edited by ryano

Can you be more specific? I understand liking one over the other. But from what you've written I don't see anything to make you hate it so much that you can't wait to get off.

I like Freedom, we're sailing on Indy this summer. Hopefully we'll like it just as much.

Ryano, you and I think alike. Over the past couple of years I have enjoyed reading your comments as they are normally just what I was thinking.

Thats basically what I was trying to say :) I am not slamming on Diamond cruisers at all. I hope to be one one day. I just dont get the mentality that just because someone is Diamond or above, they should be treated any better or receive better service and that exactly how her post came off to me. :)

I love your last sentence. Thats an outlook we all should have :)

We both did a good job on the sentiment.....it sometimes needs to be reiterated. I have met other Diamonds and above, I wish I had NOT met (not many, but a few).

It isn't an entitlement event, it is an enjoyment event.

To me, it sounds more like they prefer to sail out of Canaveral (so do I!!), and are looking for more justifications on sticking with Freedom. If you expected Port Everglades to be as easy on/off as Canaveral, then I could see a problem. But.. it sure would not affect my cruise.

Maybe they are a soda drinker - the Freedom has freestyle? I'm just guessing now because the OP didn't share a lot of information.

I totally agree with LMaxwell.. find someone NOW to talk to about the service. It can easily be fixed in time.

I guess I'll really look forward to trying port Canaveral soon. I've been out of Port Everglades 3 times and thought that was the best & easiest ever! (All out of terminal 18, twice on Allure, once on Navigator)

I guess I'll really look forward to trying port Canaveral soon. I've been out of Port Everglades 3 times and thought that was the best & easiest ever! (All out of terminal 18, twice on Allure, once on Navigator)

If you are flying in, FLL is a lot better. But, more often, we drive in, and with Canaveral, the parking is right there at the ship (if you are OK with paying port parking rates - which we are at Canaveral). You literally park, and walk less than 100yards to the terminal. At Port Everglades, there are only a few terminals which allow you to park so close.

Sounds like this is not your cup of tea. I am sorry to hear you are not enjoying your cruise thus far. No matter what level you have attained in your loyalty credits, it is never fun to pay for a vacation only to arrive and decide you are not enjoying yourself.

Maybe you are just not familiar with the port, and that got you down. Whatever the reason, I hope the rest of the week picks up for you. I find both Port Everglades and Port Canaveral to be very convenient. However, we have always driven to both ports. The trip to each port is part of the journey for us.

Personnel at each port has always been very accommodating and kind. I don't know if it is the port that caused the problem, or the ship. It does sound like maybe you are not making the best of the situation.

In my opinion, a cruise is a cruise. It is not work. It's not a job. It is a break from the ordinary home stuff. I have never had a bad cruise. Some I have liked better than others. Some of it is just personal preference. You get used to something and you find it familiar.

Anyhow, again, I hope the week gets better for the OP. No matter how much any of us want to say "Quit complaining. You are on a cruise," none of us would be happy if we were not enjoying a vacation if we did not feel we were getting our money's worth.

Yes, thank you OP, I will never again return to the world's most accessible cruise port. I hate that I can get from the airport to the terminal in 10 minutes for $15. Much better in Port Canaveral, where I have to rent a car (twice) and drive an hour each way, and pay $15 in tolls.

Edit: I am sorry you are having a bad time OP, it was probably just one or two things that made you upset, then everything else seems bad. I understand not wanting to drive to PE when you live closer to Canaveral, but 3 hours isn't very far for most of us. Also you are in the port for what an hour or two? No point in letting that ruin your cruise.

We have a 3 hour drive just to get to the airport, followed by 2 hours of waiting and then a 3 hour flight to FLL, not to mention the taxi ride to the hotel for the night prior to sailing. I would love to have either port right at my doorstep. We have done the drive from Disney to PE last year and it is a boring and a somewhat long drive until we reached the coast. From there the time flew by, but then again we were excited as we were going to be on a cruise.

Oh well, I guess the grass always looks greaner on the other side of the fence until you get to taste it. I'd still take cool weather over the freezing we have here now. :D

EDIT: I am glad to hear that others like Liberty, as we are sailing on her this October.

Edited by A&L_Ont

Internet used to be $29.95 off or an hour of internet, PLUS 20% off any pkg. (at least it that's what it was in Dec. on the Freedom). Now it's only the one hour or $29.95 -- no percentage off after that. It's made the internet pretty pricey for me, but I have to be in touch with home.

Well darn, quit wasting it on Cruise Critic then. Go try to salvage what's left of your vacation. :)

Can you recall the final price for your unlimited package? Thanks.

If I remember right, unlimited for two devices was about $200 after the discount. The wife likes keeping in touch with the grandson and I need to keep in touch with work.

To me, it sounds more like they prefer to sail out of Canaveral (so do I!!), and are looking for more justifications on sticking with Freedom. If you expected Port Everglades to be as easy on/off as Canaveral, then I could see a problem. But.. it sure would not affect my cruise.

Maybe they are a soda drinker - the Freedom has freestyle? I'm just guessing now because the OP didn't share a lot of information.

I totally agree with LMaxwell.. find someone NOW to talk to about the service. It can easily be fixed in time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm really sorry the cruise isn't your best. But look at the reality: you're on vacation and on the ocean no less; people are waiting on you hand and foot and you don't have to cook. There is entertainment and beautiful vistas. Sounds good to me.

I had -8 this am here in northern MI. I drive 5 hours to get to a major airport, then spend the day flying.

I'm not complaining because that's how it has to be, but thank God you are near ports, you don't have to pay for airfare, and you're cruising. I guarantee I'd be loving it.

No matter what, it's your vacation and you are entitled to your opinion. Hope the cruise gets better for you!

Mary

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Edited by silver_cloud

I know, right? :p I have the feeling OP will not come back to this thread.

If the OP's agenda was to get other people talking to each other....mission accomplished. If the OP's agenda was to resolve his issues on board, he should find people WHILE HE IS ONBOARD, who can do it....and then mission accomplished.

If the OP just wanted to vent -- mission accomplished.

I just don't know what his intent was, but I fully expect that he won't be back here.