"New" Addition SIRENA on the way 2016

sldispatcher

With the announcement of a 4th Renaissance ship coming onboard 2016, I have a few questions.

Where is this ship coming from/who is selling it?

Does it have to be a copy of the other 3? I mean Polo/Toscana again? I'm not complaining. Just seems like it would be quite the adventure to have different specialty dining venues on each ship. For instance a Red Ginger/Polo combination.

Sounds like new itineraries could open up. More Mediterranean? More Alaska? Change up on where Riviera/Marina get sent to?

And how do you pronounce it???:D

(I'm sure it was discussed in December, but the thread must be buried as I can't get 'search' to find it.)

Edited by sldispatcher

It is identical to Regatta, and I assume the other R ships. I assume they will do the same format which isn't bad as long as they have the Terrace Grill. There are a lot of cruisers who like these R ships. If you want a good selection of restaurants, then go on Marina or Riviera.

With the announcement of a 4th Renaissance ship coming onboard 2016, I have a few questions.

Where is this ship coming from/who is selling it?

Does it have to be a copy of the other 3? I mean Polo/Toscana again? I'm not complaining. Just seems like it would be quite the adventure to have different specialty dining venues on each ship. For instance a Red Ginger/Polo combination.

Sounds like new itineraries could open up. More Mediterranean? More Alaska? Change up on where Riviera/Marina get sent to?

And how do you pronounce it???:D

(I'm sure it was discussed in December, but the thread must be buried as I can't get 'search' to find it.)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2145259&highlight=sirenahttp://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2131486&highlight=sirenahttp://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2139733&highlight=sirena

This is the former Ocean Princess ...quite small. All in dark woods

im not sure where they would put extra restaurants ....the lobby area is very small ...actually it dors look a bit like Marina in its colour s cheme

I found it handled oceans and seas very well but it was a very boring ship with nothing going on at night ....they called it the little white lady ....

Im curious as to how it will change to fit the Oceania look ....we took it to

Greenland and Iceland from New york ..so perhaps Alaska will be its new route ....or as it was Tahitian Princess back in South Pacific

This is the former Ocean Princess ...quite small. All in dark woods

Oceania 3 R ships are the same dark woods ;)

They have brightened up the soft goods & add the grill & Barristas so I am sure the new addition will blend in with the other 3 :D

We have seen the itineraries She starts in Mediterranean and then comes across Atlantic and does some east coast cruises. She then does Brazil panama canal and Mexico

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So I guess no cruises around Japan that I was hoping for:mad:

Looks like it will have to be on the Diamond Princess - too bad, but itineraries rule.

Ponant does cruises around Japan, their ship L'Austral if I am not mistaken.

Recently watched a documentary on their sister ship. Was impressed, if bad weather captain sent team ahead to alternative stops to check out if suitable for his guests. Only 11,000 tons and very French but looked a great experience.

We have seen the itineraries She starts in Mediterranean and then comes across Atlantic and does some east coast cruises. She then does Brazil panama canal and Mexico

Hi bitob. Is there a link you can share with the 2016 schedule? I'm anxious to see them! Seems like such a long wait. Thanks!!

I believe the OP suggested mixing up the specialty restaurants for the new ship, NOT "adding" them. It's true there's no space for an additional restaurant on an "R" ship ... unless you really renovated the space, and I don't think that is likely.

But I think it *would* be interesting if the new ship had different specialty restaurants. Renaissance always had Polo and Toscana as the specialty restaurants, and Oceania continued that. It was only when Marina came on line that they added Jacques and Red Ginger.

I personally wouldn't want one of them to be Red Ginger but it seems I'm in a minority there ... but I'd love to see Jacques on one of the "R" ships.

I guess we will have to wait and see.

Mura

Hi bitob. Is there a link you can share with the 2016 schedule? I'm anxious to see them! Seems like such a long wait. Thanks!!

Not in electronic form and cannot be scanned

Sorry

There are now emerging cruise markets other than North America and Europe. Maybe NCL is exploring those with some ships and the restaurant choices will reflect those plans.

Could be, but then you would have to add in the bugbear of smoking and other cultural differences.

Just look at what they went through with the Superstar Leo project.

There are now emerging cruise markets other than North America and Europe. Maybe NCL is exploring those with some ships and the restaurant choices will reflect those plans.

There was a recent article about NCLH and South America where this was said. "Brazil represents a significant opportunity to advance Norwegian Cruise Line Holding's international growth strategy," said Andy Stuart, executive vice president of international sales for Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd." Seems they are exploring those markets already.

Brazil would not be my first choice ....i hear crime is rampant here ...I went to South America ...chile around the horn ....needing 360 degrees eyes made me very uncomfortable ...police shoooed me away from downtown Valparaiso our guide told us he had beenattacked with a knife in Valparaiso ..

In Buenos Aires ..police told us to never wander off in Boca ...who needs this ?

So no purse,no jewelry stuff in pockets ..worrying about being mugged

Forget it ...not for me

Everybody is different. South America is a wonderful continent with great natural and cultural treasures. The way I understand it, NCL's plans are not about North Americans, they are about the increasing number of well-to-do Brazilians who might be interested to cruise right from their country. Sirena is a great name for that market.

Thank you.

Especially how the overall experience is for English speaking passengers onboard and on tours.

The cabins look nice and I am sure the food is good as well.

At first, we were worried about all the tours happening with so few passengers. We have an e-mail that the announced tours will take place as long as one passenger signs up. The only exceptions are the over-night tours with flights which need to be booked ahead and enough people have to sign up for them. Those are in China, not in Japan.

One of the Japan cruises is partially chartered by Tauck. I read that the chef then adjusts meals to American tastes. A horrid idea in my book. :D