Review Zaandam January 11th 2015 19 day Buenos Aires to Valparaiso via Antarctica.

Alphen

Of the two directions this cruise can be taken, you took the one with the best approach, imo. You start to see small icebergs every once in a while, then they grow in both size and number until you reach that land that cannot adequately be described, only experienced.

Truly, the trip of a lifetime. Thanks for reporting on it, and bringing back the memories.

So agree with you here, also the route from BA to Valparaiso gives you still lots to see after Antarctica, with beautifull Chilean ports and Fjords. The other way around gives you only Falklands (doubtfull if you succeed in going ashore) and Montevideo, with no scenic cruising!

So agree with you here, also the route from BA to Valparaiso gives you still lots to see after Antarctica, with beautifull Chilean ports and Fjords. The other way around gives you only Falklands (doubtfull if you succeed in going ashore) and Montevideo, with no scenic cruising!

I thought the Chilean fjords and glaciers were anticlimactic after Antarctica. Very disappointed. It was only when I did the cruise from Valparaiso to Buenos Aires that I enjoyed the fjords.

But that time was a disappointment leaving Antarctica, with the bergs in Iceberg Alley getting smaller and smaller. They did not impress with that view.

I made it into the Falklands the first trip, and loved it. A bit of Merry Ol' England in the cold South Atlantic. Missed it the next two attempts, and won't try again. It will just have to be a great memory.

I'm booked on 12/20/15 cruise. When is the Zaandam going into dry dock?

We will be on this cruise also. Just opened a Roll Call some weeks ago :)

So thank you so much for your review. Can't wait to start now, but still almost a year to go.

Thanks. Nice day in Ushuaia and cruising Glacier Alley this morning. Fingers crossed we continue with the fantastic weather!

Wonderful cruise so far and now for the main event!

I will try to check back in, if the internet cooperates!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

Yes it is warm! We are at the airport now to head home. Leaving s day early to get the flights we wanted.

The Falklands were wonderful- so happy we could stop,

Look for my review nearby- with a few negative comments. Oh well.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums