lunch in specialty restaurants

sunshine nana

I have read some people say they ate lunch in a specialty restaurant. We will be on Connie for a 5 day out of FLL in March and I'm wondering which specialties will be open for lunch and which days? What is the price? Also, do we need reservations? Thanks.

If they offer the lunch, the price is generally $25 pp. That's a big if though....it doesn't seem to be offered often.

On my recent 16 day Constellation itinerary, the Ocean Liners was only open 2 days for lunch ($25 per person cover). I believe Tuscan Grill was also open 1 or 2 days (same price). Of course, Bistro on 5 was open every day ($7 per person cover).

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network using Tapatalk Pro

Edited by vulcan1971

I have read some people say they ate lunch in a specialty restaurant. We will be on Connie for a 5 day out of FLL in March and I'm wondering which specialties will be open for lunch and which days? What is the price? Also, do we need reservations? Thanks.

Best to make reservations if interested in lunch when boarding. We reserved a Qsine lunch and when they only had about 10 reserved a day out they called us to say lunch was being cancelled. They did honor the $25 lunch price for us for dinner instead. Good Luck

We had lunch in Murano & once in Tuscany(the Eclipse this Jan.18'th trip)Food was excellent in Tuscany. Lobster was overcooked in Murano, but the rest of the food in Murano(especially at night)was excellent. They usually will post the lunch schedule near the rest.door. Last year there was no lunch during our Jan.25'th trip.

We did both lunches on our 5 day Connie cruise 1/24...well worth it. Call for res as soon as possible...though neither venue was full, not sure how many they accept for lunch.

first sea day was Tuscan $25 pp total...it was awesome. The " new " space is beautiful. Food and service were outstanding, and best coffee on board It was well worth the charge despite two neg issues..Lunch time was also when the loud banging dj played below sending noise upward...maybe window seats away from the band side would be better; and they do allow children and infants which can be annoying as they bang stuff, play with noisy toys and cry etc. Kind of kills the ambiance but some parents seem oblivious.

second sea day was Ocean Liners...same location as original ship design...lovely space. Charge was $30 pp total...As we arrived another passenger was playing beautifully on the piano til his lunch was served. Would be great if Celeb added this musical feature to the lunch on a regular basis! Food was also excellent but service lagged a bit...too much time between courses...esp since it was just lunch.

Nice respite from crowded sea days on deck and at other eateries!

Also consider the Bistro on 5...

Am I the only one who thinks that is a hefty up charge for LUNCH?

We like to try the specialty restaurants at dinner, but lunch is usually a lighter meal for us.

It seems bistro on five has it about right, a $5-10 up charge for lunch is about what I would expect.

We like to try the specialty restaurants at dinner, but lunch is usually a lighter meal for us.

It seems bistro on five has it about right, a $5-10 up charge for lunch is about what I would expect.

We honestly thought it was a steal. There's not many places I can have a three course lunch with filet mignon for $25. It is not a light lunch.

The lunch menus are lighter and, in our opinion, really good & excellent value both in Murano and Tuscan Grille.

New to Celebrity so please forgive my ignorance. Are none of the MDR's open for lunch? We usually sail Princess and absolutely love going to the MDR for a quiet lunch - especially on embarkation day.

The MDR's on Celebrity ships(like most lines) are usually closed for lunch on Embarkation day. I always remember the Grills on Cunard being open. You have to eat in the buffet area on most ships during lunch on Embarkation day. This may change with the new suites only restauants opening up on Sostice class ships. They seem to be mimicing Cunard & their Grill restaurants.

If you want a served lunch on embarkation day, go to Bistro on Five and pay the $7 charge. You can have as much as you like, crepes, salad, soup and paninis. Bar service is available.

If you want a quiet area where you serve yourself, try the Aqua Spa Cafe-open for all, not just aqua class cabins. The poached fruit there is great!

We honestly thought it was a steal. There's not many places I can have a three course lunch with filet mignon for $25. It is not a light lunch.

Agree with you. If we eat at a specialty restaurant for lunch, we just eat light at night and do not go to the dining room;)

I love the specialty restaurants at lunch, as it gives me time to actually digest my food, then eat light at night. Last cruise we did that, we ended up in the MDR at dinner just for soup, salad and sweets.

My only complaint is that Tuscan Grill doesn't offer the chocolate fondue for lunch.

I think the prices for lunch and dinner are over priced especially when you have already paid for lunch and dinner in the price for the cruise. Personally I think it's a psychological tactic to make you feel that you are getting a luxury meal and also to make you feel like you are getting a bargain when they discount it on board or offer a special price if you prepay for a package before you sail.