CAPE LIBERTY 411 (and NYC too) Version 4!!

megr1125

Thank you. Further investigation, though, tells me that Megabus doesn't do Secaucus to Pittsburgh (my destination), so it looks like Manhattan is the way to go.

Life was so much easier when all sailings were to and from Manhattan! Go a day or two earlier, enjoy NYC, walk to the ship. Sigh....

Did you consider Amtrak? I'm seeing a $58 fare for 9/7/17 from Newark Penn Station at 11:09 am. You could make that train if you self disembark or get a very low number. About a $60 cab fare to Newark Penn Station, which is a lot less than a car service to Manhattan.

Are you arriving Thur May 25, the morning of the cruise?

Car service is your best and most expensive option. Is public transit an option?

More later as I will be flying today.

Hi Carol. Yes I am. I did some more research. I may take the JFK to Newark shuttle. But then not sure of the most affordable option from there to the pier.

Sent from my SM-J700M using Forums mobile app

Hi Carol. Yes I am. I did some more research. I may take the JFK to Newark shuttle. But then not sure of the most affordable option from there to the pier.

Sent from my SM-J700M using Forums mobile app

We have done a lot of research on cost of transportation to the pier. We have found that Uber is the least expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Did you consider Amtrak? I'm seeing a $58 fare for 9/7/17 from Newark Penn Station at 11:09 am. You could make that train if you self disembark or get a very low number. About a $60 cab fare to Newark Penn Station, which is a lot less than a car service to Manhattan.

Thank you, I will look into Amtrak.

Our arrival date would be April 30, not September, on Summit.

Thank you, I will look into Amtrak.

Our arrival date would be April 30, not September, on Summit.

Sorry - I was thinking the Vision repo.

The Amtrak schedule is the same on April 30. Sunday would be a much more reliable day to catch a train - there should be no unexpected traffic problems on a Sunday morning between Cape Liberty and Newark Penn Station.

Train would be a much more comfortable trip. Seats have lots of leg room and you can walk around as well. Also free wifi.

Hello all. We are a family of 4 (our kids are 18 and 19), and although we have cruised out of Port Canaveral and Fort Lauderdale in the past, we have a Feb 19, Anthem cruise booked and we have realized that we need help figuring out the logistics of selecting a hotel for an overnight stay and getting from the EWR airport to the hotel on 18 Feb and then from the hotel to the cruiseport on 19 Feb. Although we haven't booked our flights yet, we will probably get to EWR around 4 pm on the Saturday. Once at the hotel we will need to get food but obviously won't have a car.

Although this question may have been answered somewhere on these boards already google has not been my friend... any suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated.

Hello all. We are a family of 4 (our kids are 18 and 19), and although we have cruised out of Port Canaveral and Fort Lauderdale in the past, we have a Feb 19, Anthem cruise booked and we have realized that we need help figuring out the logistics of selecting a hotel for an overnight stay and getting from the EWR airport to the hotel on 18 Feb and then from the hotel to the cruiseport on 19 Feb. Although we haven't booked our flights yet, we will probably get to EWR around 4 pm on the Saturday. Once at the hotel we will need to get food but obviously won't have a car.

Although this question may have been answered somewhere on these boards already google has not been my friend... any suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated.

We are flying into EWR 2 days before our Anthem Cruise in April. First time for us out that port as well. Booked Hilton Newark Penn Station. They have comp.airport shuttle, restaurant, bar and free wifi. and hotel isa adjacent to Train Station for trip into NYC. I haven't booked transportation to Cape Liberty yet, had considered Uber but plan to call the hotel for suggestions.

Can you do two double beds? If so, the trinityreservations.com Bayonne Cape Liberty cruise package at the Ramada Plaza is your best deal at $173 tax included with round trip port transportation for 4 people. The Ramada has a cafe, a sports bar, and a restaurant.

If you require a special bed configuration, post back with your requirements.

We are flying into EWR 2 days before our Anthem Cruise in April. First time for us out that port as well. Booked Hilton Newark Penn Station. They have comp.airport shuttle, restaurant, bar and free wifi. and hotel isa adjacent to Train Station for trip into NYC. I haven't booked transportation to Cape Liberty yet, had considered Uber but plan to call the hotel for suggestions.

Thanks so much, we will check into this. I would be interested in any info you find about transportation from the hotel to the port.

Can you do two double beds? If so, the trinityreservations.com Bayonne Cape Liberty cruise package at the Ramada Plaza is your best deal at $173 tax included with round trip port transportation for 4 people. The Ramada has a cafe, a sports bar, and a restaurant.

If you require a special bed configuration, post back with your requirements.

Thank you so much for this info. Double beds may be a challenge for the kids - they are both really tall - queen beds or twin beds would work better for them.

Thank you so much for this info. Double beds may be a challenge for the kids - they are both really tall - queen beds or twin beds would work better for them.

Both the Newark Penn Station Hilton and the Ramada have double beds.

More options:

Book a room with two queens at Country Inns in Elizabeth for about $150. Buy the cruise transfer from the hotel for $35/pp round trip or contact Independent driver - 888-816-0973 inde.drvr@gmail.com 4-6 weeks ahead.

Book the trinity package for 4 people - you should get 2 doubles and you will get the transportation for 4. On United.com book a second room at the Ramada for $80 ($92 with tax) for the kids. Total $265

Country Inns might work better for you because of the free breakfast and the Jersey Gardens Mall - Ruby Tuesdays, IHOP, Applebees, Johnny Rockets, food court, and movie complex.

Both the Newark Penn Station Hilton and the Ramada have double beds.

More options:

Book a room with two queens at Country Inns in Elizabeth for about $150. Buy the cruise transfer from the hotel for $35/pp round trip or contact Independent driver - 888-816-0973 inde.drvr@gmail.com 4-6 weeks ahead.

Book the trinity package for 4 people - you should get 2 doubles and you will get the transportation for 4. On United.com book a second room at the Ramada for $80 ($92 with tax) for the kids. Total $265

Country Inns might work better for you because of the free breakfast and the Jersey Gardens Mall - Ruby Tuesdays, IHOP, Applebees, Johnny Rockets, food court, and movie complex.

Thanks again for this info -I will check these options out.

How much should a cab from Cape Liberty to Newark Penn Station cost and how long should the trip take? I'm specifically looking at getting off the Celebrity Summit which arrives at 8:00 a.m. on Sunday, April 30, 2017. Thanks.

If you're trying to catch an Amtrak train, what time are you looking at?

Cost for a cab should be $55-65. On a Sunday morning, the trip should take a half hour, but I would allow at least an hour. You're coming in on a repo cruise, so that could affect the speed of disembarkation.

We are taking a cruise out of Cape Liberty on September 24, 2017. We will be flying into EWR on the 23rd. Looking for information about a convenient hotel and transportation from airport to the hotel and the hotel to the ship.

I have seen the Robert Treat BWP mentioned a few times. Do you have any other recommendations/suggestions?

We are taking a cruise out of Cape Liberty on September 24, 2017. We will be flying into EWR on the 23rd. Looking for information about a convenient hotel and transportation from airport to the hotel and the hotel to the ship.

I have seen the Robert Treat BWP mentioned a few times. Do you have any other recommendations/suggestions?

How many people are you? What is your hotel budget? What time do you arrive at EWR and what are your food requirements? What are your bed requirements (double, queen, king)? What time is your return flight at the end of the cruise? Any possibility of sightseeing in NYC?

Please answer these questions as they significantly affect the choice of hotel.

Edited by 138east

We are taking a cruise out of Cape Liberty on April 2, 2017. We will be driving from Ontario Canada.It will be myself the wife and our 6 yrs old daughter. Looking for ideas on a convenient and affordable hotel close by and the best place to park our car for the week. Thanks :)

We are taking a cruise out of Cape Liberty on April 2, 2017. We will be driving from Ontario Canada.It will be myself the wife and our 6 yrs old daughter. Looking for ideas on a convenient and affordable hotel close by and the best place to park our car for the week. Thanks :)

What's your hotel and parking budget? It costs $20/day to park at the port ($140 for your cruise). Your options are to get a hotel room only and park at the port or to get a hotel room with parking and round trip port transportation.

138east, friend & I are flying into EWR the day before our Anthem cruise out of Port Liberty. I was thinking we could Lyft or train from EWR to NJ Penn Station. Trying to get to Times Square, Renaissance at 714 Seventh at 48th. Now I *think* I have this straight to catch a train from NJ Penn Station to NY Penn Station then switch to another train and go a stop or 2 from there. I've got the low-down on cost to get to NJ Penn from EWR. What is a realistic amount to pay to train on in? Does it take a long time? I'm utterly clueless. Never been to NYC or anywhere like it. Used Metro in DC once but that was 20 years ago & I had my hubby to drag me along.

I've been reading this thread a bit. Can I just say what a lifesaver you are?!?!

138east, friend & I are flying into EWR the day before our Anthem cruise out of Port Liberty. I was thinking we could Lyft or train from EWR to NJ Penn Station. Trying to get to Times Square, Renaissance at 714 Seventh at 48th. Now I *think* I have this straight to catch a train from NJ Penn Station to NY Penn Station then switch to another train and go a stop or 2 from there. I've got the low-down on cost to get to NJ Penn from EWR. What is a realistic amount to pay to train on in? Does it take a long time? I'm utterly clueless. Never been to NYC or anywhere like it. Used Metro in DC once but that was 20 years ago & I had my hubby to drag me along.

I've been reading this thread a bit. Can I just say what a lifesaver you are?!?!

You can take the PATH train for $2.75 from Newark Penn into Manhattan. Unless you want to walk 3/4 of a mile, you will have to change to a subway to get where you want to go.

If it's a weekend, best bet is to get off PATH at World Trade Center. Ask someone there how to get to the N or R train. Take it uptown to 49th street.

Unless this is within the next week, subway will cost $3. Buy ONE METROCARD (it can be shared) and used on both path and subway. You can buy it at penn station.

Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What time do you arrive March 4? How much luggage will you have and can you manage it if you encounter a stairway?

I think you should keep it simple - NJ Transit train from the Newark airport station to New York Penn Station - $13/pp. Exit the station onto 8th Avenue and take a cab to the Renaissance - about $12 total.

How are you getting to Cape Liberty on Sunday morning? For public transit you would take a cab to 32nd & 6th for PATH - about $12. Accessible entrance (elevator) is just to the left of JC Penneys on the west side of 6th Ave between 32nd & 33rd. Path to Hoboken - $2.75/ pp. Hudson Bergen light rail from Hoboken to Bayonne 34th St - $2.25/pp. Taxi or Uber into the port - $10-12

Bayonne City Yellow Cab

201-339-5000

Archie’s Cab & Van Service

201-858-8800

Campbell Taxi

201-339-8300

I have done this particular trip with rolling luggage and it is very easy. Hoboken Train Station is historic with great views of Manhattan, which you won't get from Anthem. This trip should take about 1.25-1.5 hours and the trains will be empty on a Sunday morning.

I have also done the subway thing in Manhattan with luggage. I found the accessible routes hard to find. I did some stairs with my luggage. And

I walked long distances on platforms and in poorly marked underground concourses with my luggage. By contrast PATH has a wide accessible turnstile which is good with luggage. The light rail runs on the street - stations have no turnstiles - they are about 18 inches high with easy ramp access.

What time do you arrive March 4? How much luggage will you have and can you manage it if you encounter a stairway?

I think you should keep it simple - NJ Transit train from the Newark airport station to New York Penn Station - $13/pp. Exit the station onto 8th Avenue and take a cab to the Renaissance - about $12 total.

How are you getting to Cape Liberty on Sunday morning? For public transit you would take a cab to 32nd & 6th for PATH - about $12. Accessible entrance (elevator) is just to the left of JC Penneys on the west side of 6th Ave between 32nd & 33rd. Path to Hoboken - $2.75/ pp. Hudson Bergen light rail from Hoboken to Bayonne 34th St - $2.25/pp. Taxi or Uber into the port - $10-12

Bayonne City Yellow Cab

201-339-5000

Archie’s Cab & Van Service

201-858-8800

Campbell Taxi

201-339-8300

I have done this particular trip with rolling luggage and it is very easy. Hoboken Train Station is historic with great views of Manhattan, which you won't get from Anthem. This trip should take about 1.25-1.5 hours and the trains will be empty on a Sunday morning.

I have also done the subway thing in Manhattan with luggage. I found the accessible routes hard to find. I did some stairs with my luggage. And

I walked long distances on platforms and in poorly marked underground concourses with my luggage. By contrast PATH has a wide accessible turnstile which is good with luggage. The light rail runs on the street - stations have no turnstiles - they are about 18 inches high with easy ramp access.

Arriving at about 3:00 in the afternoon. We'll each have a large rolling suitcase + a carry on type, I'm sure. Mine connect together for convenience. We're both able to lift & manage a stairway. No problem. Where you had taxis listed we were thinking Lyft. Definitely trains where we can. The PATH does sound like the way to go. I'm going to save your post for reference. Cannot tell you how much I appreciate it.

Now to just survive if it's cold. This Southern girl is quite worried about the weather and how to dress for it. Pleeeeaaase no snow. LOL!

Edited by sweetpee_1993

How many people are you? What is your hotel budget? What time do you arrive at EWR and what are your food requirements? What are your bed requirements (double, queen, king)? What time is your return flight at the end of the cruise? Any possibility of sightseeing in NYC?

Please answer these questions as they significantly affect the choice of hotel.

Our son works for an airline so we fly standby. Arrival probably sometime in the afternoon. Departure will be the first flight we can get on after we return from the cruise.

Food requirements are minor. We are going on a cruise and eating way too much.

Bed- queen or king is fine

Not planning on any NYC sightseeing.