parking at port everglades?

lefy

Hi to everyone,

This is my first post here.

I've never cruised out of Fort Lauderdale & have never parked at any port before so this will be the first time ever parking at a port. Going on the Oasis of the Seas in Nov. this year. I saw on the site that they were planning on adding more parking spaces at port everglades. Just wondering if I have to worry about finding a parking space or if there is any particular time to show up that is best to find one.

Edited by lefy

I understand there are a lot of cheaper parking options outside the port but I really would rather try parking at the port for a change. I've cruised before out of other ports & always got a shuttle to get me to & from the port whether I had a rental car or stayed at a hotel.

I've decided to try something different this time & see how it works. I am worried about the scenario if I can't get a space whether those other parking options will still be available and at a reasonable cost without prepaying online.

Thanks for all the replies. When I saw that they were adding more parking spaces at Port Everglades I assumed I might have a problem finding a spot. I'm sure that's possible but it doesn't sound like anyone here has had that problem yet.

Whenever we cruise out of Florida we stay at what is now America's best Value Inn in Cocoa. (They bought the Econo Lodge.) Twice we met the same couple, we were both going on the Sunshine. They live in the Tampa area and drive to Cocoa, to The Inn, the morning of the cruise. They pay, I think it is $20 to park at the inn. Then they take the shuttle to and from the port. They now charge $5 for the shuttle as shuttle prices went up. But it is still a lot less expensive than parking at the port.

And you do not have to call for the shuttle. It is there waiting for you. You actually sign in when you get there, then, as soon as the small van is full, you leave. Their phone number is 321-632-4561 or 888-721-9423.

Thanks for all the replies. When I saw that they were adding more parking spaces at Port Everglades I assumed I might have a problem finding a spot. I'm sure that's possible but it doesn't sound like anyone here has had that problem yet.

The Oasis will be at terminal 18 which has its own parking lot which always has plenty of spaces and is only a very short walk to the terminal.

Marianne

Whenever we cruise out of Florida we stay at what is now America's best Value Inn in Cocoa. (They bought the Econo Lodge.) Twice we met the same couple, we were both going on the Sunshine. They live in the Tampa area and drive to Cocoa, to The Inn, the morning of the cruise. They pay, I think it is $20 to park at the inn. Then they take the shuttle to and from the port. They now charge $5 for the shuttle as shuttle prices went up. But it is still a lot less expensive than parking at the port.

And you do not have to call for the shuttle. It is there waiting for you. You actually sign in when you get there, then, as soon as the small van is full, you leave. Their phone number is 321-632-4561 or 888-721-9423.

The OP is asking about Port Everglades, otherwise know as Fort Lauderdale, not Port Canaveral, which is near Cocoa Beach. EM

We parked at the port's parking during our New Year's cruises. Because of the holiday, the private parking facilities had a holiday premium charge that made it about the same as parking at the port. We decided the little bit more per day to park at the port was worth the convenience. We checked our bags, parked the car, and checked in within 20 minutes.

• 4 weeks later...

There are now over 5000 parking spots, terminal 18 which is for Oasis now has it's own 600 spots. By 9:30 it has cleared out and starting to refill, no problem finding a spot at 10-10:30, there is also a good sized lot between RCCL terminal 18 and Carnival at terminal 19..

Parking Fees Port Everglades

•$3 for 0-1 hour

•$6 for up to 5 hours, and then $1 per hour thereafter up to daily maximum

•$15 daily maximum

•$19 daily maximum for oversized vehicles (those that exceed the standard width and/or height of a parking space).

All daily rates begin when you pull the parking ticket from the machine at the garage or parking lot.

• 9 months later...

Again I want to thank every one for their input,

Just a follow up since I returned from my cruise on the Oasis this weekend. The parking at the port worked out perfectly. There was no problem finding a space in the lot right next to terminal 18 where we needed to check in. It cost $105 for parking so it's a matter of personal preference whether you think it's worth the extra money to not have to worry about shuttles. We were off the ship & on the road by 7:30 am. If I planned to make the drive from home in one day I would look for a park & cruise deal at a hotel like I do when going out of Port Canaveral. The extra few hours drive to Ft. Lauderdale was a little more than i wanted to tackle so we stopped a few hrs. away & drove to the terminal in the morning.

• 4 weeks later...
This is JMO, but I would make a reservation with an off-port parking place such as this one:

http://www.unitedairportparking.com

or here

https://www.bookparkngo.com

this costs less than port parking and has a shuttle to take you to the port and bring you back to your car from the port.

Have you used either of these recently? Been happy? Is your car left parked for the day or do you leave them the keys and they park it and continually move it? Thanks.