LIVE from the Freedom of the Seas * Feb 15, 2015 * Western Caribbean!

ckrobyn

Good morning from Cozumel! The sky is blue and the sun is out [emoji295]️. We are docked next to the Navigator, who incidentally DO have the blue lounger pads! I can see across to another OS and he has them, and not one suite balcony on FR does! I have the pic to prove it but the internet is very slow at the moment.

We plan to disembark later on and spend some time browsing the port area, and may pay a visit to Senor Frogs [emoji2] looking forward to a great day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That isn't the shrimp? You could get fined $600 here in Maine for having that small a bug. :p

Seriously, right?

The lobster tails are pretty tiny, a few ounces at best, but they were exceptionally tasty.

Hopefully we will hear more about that next Friday. Enjoy your Sea day today. Thanks for helping make one of my last 10 weeks go faster. With grandchild #2 on the way I know the next summer will fly by.

Hi Bill, glad you are enjoying the Live review! I'm happy to help make the time fly faster for you and everyone else waiting for a cruise!

[Do you know the times of the evening shows in the theater.

There are usually 2 show times, for the early and late dinner seatings. The times are 7 and 9pm. Cutting it very close on both ends if you have late seating! Dining times are 5:30pm and 8pm.

That's exactly what you're doing for me. Thanks! 17 days and counting.

It will fly by! Enjoy the final weeks of excitement and anticipation, it's one of the best parts of a vacation!!

Here are the blue padded lounger cushions on the Navigator. May sound silly to some, but it's really annoying to me. I have a huge balcony with rattan loungers and no padding, making it very uncomfortable to sit. Yes we have and are, making the best of it, but we were told they got rid of the padded loungers fleet wide!!!!! Grrrrrrr34602fa2c7ef0daf27ba13a1d5176805.jpg

Good morning from Cozumel! The sky is blue and the sun is out [emoji295]️. We are docked next to the Navigator, who incidentally DO have the blue lounger pads! I can see across to another OS and he has them, and not one suite balcony on FR does! I have the pic to prove it but the internet is very slow at the moment.

We plan to disembark later on and spend some time browsing the port area, and may pay a visit to Senor Frogs [emoji2] looking forward to a great day!

I was going to tell you that but, apparently, you already know.:p

Here are the blue padded lounger cushions on the Navigator. May sound silly to some, but it's really annoying to me. I have a huge balcony with rattan loungers and no padding, making it very uncomfortable to sit. Yes we have and are, making the best of it, but we were told they got rid of the padded loungers fleet wide!!!!! Grrrrrrr

Not silly at all. That is a lot of money to spend on a suite with uncomfortable chairs that have an easy fix. The adult solarium has much more comfortable chairs that what those look like.

And, they tell you a lie on top of it all..... how surprising. :rolleyes: You should find the person who told you that and point across the pier.

Edited by Ocean Boy

Not silly at all. That is a lot of money to spend on a suite with uncomfortable chairs that have an easy fix. The adult solarium has much more comfortable chairs that what those look like.

Agreed. Rahul our Concierge had told me they got rid of all pads for the suite loungers fleet wide, and now I see this simply isn't true. I'm going to take the picture to Rahul and ask nicely for a better explanation. The bee is in my bonnet now, and we know there has been enough bees this cruise lol! [emoji15]

Good Morning Bestie!!

I'm glad you have sailed into some sunshine and calm seas! I saw the pic that Junior posted of the human canoe. OMG, what a riot!! Fun, Fun!!

I would be a little peeved about the blue loungers as well. Kind of reminds me of the story we heard on the Liberty about the egg crates.

The weather here is just ridiculous, - 23C this morning in RH, -32C with winchill. At least it says it is going to be a high of -6C on Sunday with sunshine, lucky you.:rolleyes:

Enjoy your day in sunny Mexico! Don't let DH & DD dehydrate and starve.:D

Agreed. Rahul our Concierge had told me they got rid of all pads for the suite loungers fleet wide, and now I see this simply isn't true. I'm going to take the picture to Rahul and ask nicely for a better explanation. The bee is in my bonnet now, and we know there has been enough bees this cruise lol! [emoji15]

I would mention this to Michael R. If anyone needs to hear about it I think that he would be the one. I agree that having no cushions is not acceptable.

I'm not sure about tapas, but there has been food in Vintages and it looks delicious. More like antipasto type?

Looks like, yes. "Tapas" has basically become the new word for appetizer or snack. I couldn't find much info on the Vintages on this ship. Plenty of info on the ones on Oasis/Allure, which seem to have an extensive menu, but some ships don't appear to have any food (maybe Voyager class). Good to know there is this snack option. Looking forward to a nice dish of Mediterranean olives. I only wish that Bull & Bear had pub food. That seems almost criminal ;)

As others have said, I'm enjoying the updates in anticipation of my cruise. Just hope they definitely have those deck 12 rooms ready by March 1!

Seems the loungers in the solarium would be loss prone to human deposited "stains and spots" than the loungers on the balconies. Maybe they were discarded because they were a big issue to clean after Balcony club activities and such. The lounger and gold towels your cabin attendant got for you would be far easier to clean and make safe for the next guests.

Edited by kjkrmk

Hello, Sarnia folks here. We're doing an Indy cruise next February. I gave our adult children & their spouses a 4 day cruise for Christmas.....this will be their first taste of cruising.

I have to agree, the bitter cold is enough already.

Yes thanks Robyn for the great review, and thanks to you we purchased our OBC today at .10 cents on the dollar thanks to everyone on CruiseCritic, great advice! THANKS!

Hey, small world - I'm freezing here in Sarnia too!!!!

We will be on Freedom in February 2016! Loving your review Robyn!

Seems the loungers in the solarium would be loss prone to human deposited "stains and spots" than the loungers on the balconies. Maybe they were discarded because they were a big issue to clean after Balcony club activities and such. The lounger and gold towels your cabin attendant got for you would be far easier to clean and make safe for the next guests.

Ew!! :eek:

I too would be unhappy. We have always enjoyed the cushy loungers on our suite balcony. If they are removiong them as the get "unuseable" on a ship by ship basis then state it that way, just do not say it is fleet wide policy. Customer's are very savy, and photo is the proof.

I suspect they got new loungers after dry dock that had no cushions and then added the "new policy" of no cushions.;) It is not Rahul's fault, but who do you look to for answers???

Where I stayed in Aruba last year the covered your chairs with new towel like covers each day. That way they were laundered new each time. That seems like a combo of the yellow over the cushions would make the most sense. I'll never be in a suite in the near future(dreaming of some day), but this whole no cushion thing makes no sense to me.

I just called RCI Guest Relations at 1-800-526-9723 regarding pads for Suite chaise loungers on Freedom of the Seas.

The person I spoke to said it was up to the Captain if pads were provided. She then checked with her supervisor and said that you could request pads and they will then be provided. This is providing that pads were available in the pool area,

which I believe is true for the Freedom.

Just off Carnival Liberty and got Maine lobster with shrimp. Have to say I was pretty impressed with the food on Carnival.

Must agree. Love the ships of Royal Caribbean, but Carnival's food is much better in our opinion. Better variety and taste. Especially appreciated this in terms of the vegetarian selections.

Have had the excuse of 'fire hazard' used to explain lack of cushions.

In that we always request extra blankets, found that - when folded - they work just like a cushion. The negative is having to bring them in and out, but the blankets, covered by a towel, worked well.

Judy