Rough video footage Zaandam January 2015 Antarctica.

Alphen

Here is some rough video footage of our recent cruise to south America and Antarctica, showing some of the many wildlife we saw.

Enjoy!

A quick review of our Zaandam January 11th 2015 19 day Buenos Aires to Valparaiso via Antarctica, is located in;

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2160658

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!

LOVE-It-heart-Button.jpg.19a4318300e5aee38d2ef63413638658.jpg

Joanie

Here is some rough video footage of our recent cruise to south America and Antarctica, showing some of the many wildlife we saw.

Enjoy!

A quick review of our Zaandam January 11th 2015 19 day Buenos Aires to Valparaiso via Antarctica, is located in;

Wonderful! Thank you so much for sharing this video.:)

Great footage and brought back fond memories of our same cruise a couple of years ago.

The best cruise to date. Thanks for sharing.

Absolutely second your best cruise to date. We loved being there on Veendam in December 2010. Just love how the penguins run like the dickens across their 'burgs when the ship neared, something that sticks in my mind still.

Wow. Oh wow! Thank you for sharing!

I am hoping this will be my retirement cruise over Christmas 2016. Come on HAL...release those itineraries!!!!! :D

Not to rain on your parade Gail, but the FCC on the Ryndam over New Years told us, as we were waffling between a Koningsdam cruise in March 2016 or going back to Antarctica this winter (2015), that this year (2015) may be the last year for large cruise ships (over a few hundred passengers) in Antarctica. On the other hand, we heard the same thing in 2010 (a sleazy marketing tactic??) and we did choose Koningsdam.

Alphen, thanks for the great video! :cool:

Edited by 0bnxshs

Absolutely second your best cruise to date. We loved being there on Veendam in December 2010. Just love how the penguins run like the dickens across their 'burgs when the ship neared, something that sticks in my mind still.

Not to rain on your parade Gail, but the FCC on the Ryndam over New Years told us, as we were waffling between a Koningsdam cruise in March 2016 or going back to Antarctica this winter (2015), that this year (2015) may be the last year for large cruise ships (over a few hundred passengers) in Antarctica. On the other hand, we heard the same thing in 2010 (a sleazy marketing tactic??) and we did choose Koningsdam.

Alphen, thanks for the great video! :cool:

You are welcome.

FCC's keep on telling that it may be the last season. The next season is already open for booking (2015-2016), all subject to the specific permissions, but it is still there.

Enjoy!

My, Oh my. The You Tube Video was pretty neat.

Edited by Folk Singer

Not to rain on your parade Gail, but the FCC on the Ryndam over New Years told us, as we were waffling between a Koningsdam cruise in March 2016 or going back to Antarctica this winter (2015), that this year (2015) may be the last year for large cruise ships (over a few hundred passengers) in Antarctica.

We kept hearing the same thing prior to our January 12 antarctic cruise, so one night when the opportunity presented itself we asked the Captain.

What he said was that the "new rules" have nothing to do with the SIZE of the ship, but the type of fuel it is carrying. Typical cruise ships burn a heavier, dirtier fuel to save (big) bucks. Now they cant...... So it's up to the cruise line to decide if the added expense is worth the income.

I heard about it in 2010 but then I was way too far away from retirement so there was no hope. Now, if the FCC was the same as the year before on the Ryndam then we may have a chance as nothing she said or did was true. I can see the light for an early retirement and it is reflecting off the antarctic ice...I hope! :)

We kept hearing the same thing prior to our January 12 antarctic cruise, so one night when the opportunity presented itself we asked the Captain.

What he said was that the "new rules" have nothing to do with the SIZE of the ship, but the type of fuel it is carrying. Typical cruise ships burn a heavier, dirtier fuel to save (big) bucks. Now they cant...... So it's up to the cruise line to decide if the added expense is worth the income.

Oh I hope HAL buys in for another year! Now that you mention this I think I remember reading about it. Thanks.