Good news for the lady who was affronted by RC's use of foil-wrapped butter!

Merion_Mom

I didn't know Honey Boo Boo's family were farmers. Just imagine them on a cruise and sitting at your table making all those obnoxious noises.

Farming will certainly get you dirty but it won't make you unsanitary. Love it when the farmers start plowing for the next crop (already happening in Ms} Fresh earth smells so delicious!

That's real pretty...but how long till "Bubba" from the farm reaches in with his fingers & fishes out a few of them bad boys...just sayin...:eek:

I do not take offense easily, but you absolutely disgust me. I am a dairy farmer's daughter and was brought up with class and character. I also worked 7 days a week milking cows, along with the making hay, harvesting crops and feeding animals. My family's idea of a vacation when I was growing up was a night away for a ballgame if we could get someone to milk. We worked Christmas Day and when if you were sick. We also cleaned up well and knew how to behave in public respectfully. I work today with so many people who have no work ethic at all, and no respect.

The rural community where I was raised had more manners, kindness and integrity than I have ever seen in any city where I have worked, visited or lived. We are all different, and I respect our differences. I do not cut down on your heritage, and how dare you cut down on mine. Without the farmers, you would have no food on your table. I would thank heavens before every meal you eat, that farmers are still willing to work hard to make a living. I invite you to spend a day on the farm and learn some manners yourself!!!!!!!!

Edited by KKMurphy2

Hallelujah! That was me who felt that foil-wrapped packets are NOT fine dining worthy.

So sorry to read all these tales of folks who are not aware of proper hygiene regarding public food handling. We all have to learn somewhere!

(I won't enter the battle about whether city folk or those raised on the farm have better or worse table manners... I see both exceptionally good and exceptionally poor behavior from all groups, so I am fairly free of bias...)

Here's my post about molded butter pats vs. foil-wrapped packets, which I posted on pg. 7 of my March 2014 Explorer review (in my signature below) about the butter provided at Lombard's Seafood Grill in Universal Studios Theme Park -- really, a theme park restaurant can do better than RCI??:

"Molded butter pats with the restaurant name. (An aside: my late father would have been APPALLED that cruises served butter in FOIL WRAPPERS. The horrors! THIS is the only way that butter should be served. And yes, we had fancy butter molds with flowers, leaves, etc., which we would use for dinner parties. I knew how to make crustless cucumber sandwiches before I was six. Don't ask.)"

20140326_132328.jpg

I should add that my father did not approve of serving food at the table in the package it came in. If you had butter, sour cream, apple sauce, mint jelly, etc., you did not put it out in its original container; you decanted it into a dish with a spoon for people to put an individual serving on their plate, and you threw away any leftovers.

I do not take offense easily, but you absolutely disgust me. I am a dairy farmer's daughter and was brought up with class and character. I also worked 7 days a week milking cows, along with the making hay, harvesting crops and feeding animals. My family's idea of a vacation when I was growing up was a night away for a ballgame if we could get someone to milk. We worked Christmas Day and when if you were sick. We also cleaned up well and knew how to behave in public respectfully. I work today with so many people who have no work ethic at all, and no respect.

The rural community where I was raised had more manners, kindness and integrity than I have ever seen in any city where I have worked, visited or lived. We are all different, and I respect our differences. I do not cut down on your heritage, and how dare you cut down on mine. Without the farmers, you would have no food on your table. I would thank heavens before every meal you eat, that farmers are still willing to work hard to make a living. I invite you to spend a day on the farm and learn some manners yourself!!!!!!!!

Well said!

I should add that my father did not approve of serving food at the table in the package it came in. If you had butter, sour cream, apple sauce, mint jelly, etc., you did not put it out in its original container; you decanted it into a dish with a spoon for people to put an individual serving on their plate, and you threw away any leftovers.

Your father would be turning in his grave if he saw what goes on in our house.:D

We were on a cruise and sitting at dinner with another couple we did not know and after the first night we never used the butter if she was at the table. She would take her roll and dip it in the butter after every bite. In all the cruises we have done this was the first for this and the worst table mates we every had. There is nothing wrong with the wrapped butter pats in my mind.

1) Change table fast!

or.....

2) Order butter dish for each person at the table and enjoy dipping.

Edited by Sam.Seattle

I love butter and don't care what form it comes in as long as someone doesn't run down their roll with it.

They are still using foil wrapped in the wj, right?

WJ probably gets the foil lidded plastic cups. If you want full foil luxury head to the MDR.[emoji1]

Forget about the germs on the butter!!!! You just touched the menu which i don't think is ever cleaned, and was handled by a lot of people. O don't forget about the chairs with the arms? If your a germ a fobic ware gloves.............................lol...............RADICAL

What kind of attitude is this against persons working on a farm? Does this reflect your view upon farmers in general?

No need to look down on hard working farmers. Be thankful for their work. Without them it would not be too much butter on that table..

(I am not a farmer myself, but I am so tried of seeing others talking farmers down)

Being from a small rural town, I agree with your sentiment. I always say - If you have something bad to say about a farmer, don't talk with your mouth full...

We were on a cruise and sitting at dinner with another couple we did not know and after the first night we never used the butter if she was at the table. She would take her roll and dip it in the butter after every bite. In all the cruises we have done this was the first for this and the worst table mates we every had. There is nothing wrong with the wrapped butter pats in my mind.

Why not ask the waiter, bluntly and loudly, for a butter dish for YOUR family? I mean, eek.

Do that the first night, then later on ask for a different table.

Hallelujah! That was me who felt that foil-wrapped packets are NOT fine dining worthy.

So sorry to read all these tales of folks who are not aware of proper hygiene regarding public food handling. We all have to learn somewhere!

(I won't enter the battle about whether city folk or those raised on the farm have better or worse table manners... I see both exceptionally good and exceptionally poor behavior from all groups, so I am fairly free of bias...)

Here's my post about molded butter pats vs. foil-wrapped packets, which I posted on pg. 7 of my March 2014 Explorer review (in my signature below) about the butter provided at Lombard's Seafood Grill in Universal Studios Theme Park -- really, a theme park restaurant can do better than RCI??:

"Molded butter pats with the restaurant name. (An aside: my late father would have been APPALLED that cruises served butter in FOIL WRAPPERS. The horrors! THIS is the only way that butter should be served. And yes, we had fancy butter molds with flowers, leaves, etc., which we would use for dinner parties. I knew how to make crustless cucumber sandwiches before I was six. Don't ask.)"

20140326_132328.jpg

I feel sorry for you, get a life...:rolleyes:

Have to agree, not a smart post, if the person was trying to be funny, well she knows now that she was offensive to some folks. Haven't seen a reply that "she wasn't trying to be offensive" just joking, anything would be better than silence. I for one am thankful for the farmers for all the hard work they do each and every day....K.O.

From the aunt of a future farmer (not sure how that will happen as we live in a suburb of Chicago), you tell them!!!

Forget about the germs on the butter!!!! You just touched the menu which i don't think is ever cleaned, and was handled by a lot of people. O don't forget about the chairs with the arms? If your a germ a fobic ware gloves.............................lol...............RADICAL

This is a very good point. My DW always carries a small bottle of hand sanitizer and we use it after we are through with the menus at restaurants.

I take it she didn't put it on her bread plate first?

Sometimes those wrapped butter pats are hard to open. I miss the old fashioned butter pats that were sandwiched between stiff paper and wax paper.

I don't think they were planning on eating the menu or the chair arms. Do you?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk