Suite Discounted Pricing, a pipe dream?

Steelers0854

DW and I are huge Princess fans and one of our big anniversaries is early in 2016. We always book balconies and never have had a better room than that. I would love to book a suite for us on really any itinerary (we could cruise in a circle for all we care) but no way can I afford it at regular prices. Being that there are only a few suites on board do you guys ever see good deals on them? Are there better itineraries or sail dates to look at for cheaper prices? Also, would we be happy in any of the suite categories? I know there are several and depend largely on the ship.

Thanks for the advice!

DW and I are huge Princess fans and one of our big anniversaries is early in 2016. We always book balconies and never have had a better room than that. I would love to book a suite for us on really any itinerary (we could cruise in a circle for all we care) but no way can I afford it at regular prices. Being that there are only a few suites on board do you guys ever see good deals on them? Are there better itineraries or sail dates to look at for cheaper prices? Also, would we be happy in any of the suite categories? I know there are several and depend largely on the ship.

Thanks for the advice!

Like you, we can never afford a suite, but have today swopped a balcony cabin for a window suite on Caribbean princess (not all ships have these). The cost of the suite was £370 cheaper than the balcony cabin and we have over $300 obc extra. Although we have to forego the balcony, we do have all the full suite benefits. As,this is,a 7 day Norway cruise, may have found it too cold to sit outside. Will really look forward to breakfast in Sabbatinis.

Thanks for the advice!

Princess NEVER discounts a suite!For that matter,it is nice when a different stateroom level can be booked at a discount.

I'll check that out, thanks!

I know my travel agent even did better, plus, of course there are always OBCs and FCC. This price did go down from when we originally booked it when it first became available. It is also Eastern itinerary which is great that you don't have to spend money on excursions and can do the beach a lot or just go into town yourself. Enjoy. The Emerald is our favorite ship and the AFT is great location. I know there were suites available back there. Think about all the perks, free laundry, mini bar, first night free in specialty restaurant and most of all SABATINIs for breakfast.

We have been booking full suites for many years and have NEVER seen a price drop. Maybe we pick the popular cruises that sell out but it certainly would be nice to get a price drop sometime. Have a good friend that also does suites and both of us have talked many times lately that the perks are just not there anymore especially if you are elite. Sabitini's is the only thing that elites don't get and it hasn't been that great on a couple of our last cruises. The menu hasn't changed since day one. I think Princess has gone with upsell them instead of dropping the price.

I'm about ready to start booking mini's or switching lines.

Have never stayed in a WS because we need the balcony and spend time on the them even in cold climates. I have also heard there are good deals to be had. You could start out by doing a short cruise in a suite and see if you like it or just go for it.

Hope you find a good deal on one and hope your upcoming anniversary is special.

We have been booking full suites for many years and have NEVER seen a price drop. Maybe we pick the popular cruises that sell out but it certainly would be nice to get a price drop sometime. Have a good friend that also does suites and both of us have talked many times lately that the perks are just not there anymore especially if you are elite. Sabitini's is the only thing that elites don't get and it hasn't been that great on a couple of our last cruises. The menu hasn't changed since day one. I think Princess has gone with upsell them instead of dropping the price.

I'm about ready to start booking mini's or switching lines.

Have never stayed in a WS because we need the balcony and spend time on the them even in cold climates. I have also heard there are good deals to be had. You could start out by doing a short cruise in a suite and see if you like it or just go for it.

Hope you find a good deal on one and hope your upcoming anniversary is special.

This is the first time we saw a price discount in 25 years we have been cruising because normally suites sell out so the pricing remains the same. I just lucked out. We have 7 days the same cruise earlier and it is higher priced. Go figure. We can't go without our balcony either and in the suites it is nice, shaded and quiet. We spend tons of time out there.

For a week on the Emerald 2/20 it is $1999, plus tax & port for an S6 of VS. Pretty good deal.

Depending where someone is from, Houston can end up costing more to travel to.

Fll - $20 airport to port

Houston - $120 or more from Bush airport to port

We will never cruise out of Houston again.

But that is a great deal for a VS - I have never seen it that low.

To snag a deal, I would look right around final payment time for any given cruise or after, especially the first couple cruises of a season or very late in a season. You can sometimes get lucky and snag something that someone else had to cancel and catch a very good rate. It does happen (I know I've gotten lucky a couple times).

We have been booking full suites for many years and have NEVER seen a price drop.
For full suites with a balcony, that's true. Very rare to get any kind of a break. For WS (window suites, no balcony), they do occasionally go on sale or offered at competitive pricing.

Depending where someone is from, Houston can end up costing more to travel to.

Fll - $20 airport to port

Houston - $120 or more from Bush airport to port

We will never cruise out of Houston again.

But that is a great deal for a VS - I have never seen it that low.

This is the Emerald for 2/20/2016. I thought the original poster was looking for February of 2016. Sorry if I was mistaken. It is $1999 pp, plus taxes and fees.

This is the last year I heard Emerald will be doing the Caribbean because it is going down under.

We would never go out of Huston because of the fog problems. You are right about added expenses. That's why we book out of Ft. L

Sometimes people booked in mini suites have been offered an upgrade to a full suite for 375.00 pperson. Notmally the suites are booked and this does not happen

Two years ago we were on the Grand with friends we got a suite and they got a mini suite and they were upgraded no charge to a VS suite! We were happy for them but so mad we never got an upgrade in all the years we cruised and didn't do a suite. She said she is always lucky. Plus this was their first cruise.

I think Princess is more likely to offer suites as upsells to specific people who booked mini-suites than to lower the prices. If they lower the prices, then everyone who is already booked would want the lower prices. If they offer upsells, then they never advertise the lower prices.

On a trans-Atlantic last year on the Ocean Princess, I was offered an upsell a little before sailing. At that time, they had sold six out of the ten suites. They sold the other four as upsells in one day.

I think Princess is more likely to offer suites as upsells to specific people who booked mini-suites than to lower the prices. If they lower the prices, then everyone who is already booked would want the lower prices. If they offer upsells, then they never advertise the lower prices.

On a trans-Atlantic last year on the Ocean Princess, I was offered an upsell a little before sailing. At that time, they had sold six out of the ten suites. They sold the other four as upsells in one day.

That's consistent with what I saw on my upcoming cruise. I was watching the 14 S2 Owner's suites on the Aft. Up until final payment, only 4 were showing as sold. Over the space of a couple of days, the remaining 10 were no longer showing as available. Now all the suites and minis are sold out. There are a few other categories available but I doubt there are fifty cabins left.

We were on the Caribbean Princess last November and were offered an extra 5 days for $100 pp with $100 pp in OBC. We could choose either a balcony or a mini suite. At the last minute we were upgraded to a full suite. I don't expect to ever get a deal like that again, but it was it great! It was the week after Thanksgiving and the ship was nearly empty.

That's consistent with what I saw on my upcoming cruise. I was watching the 14 S2 Owner's suites on the Aft. Up until final payment, only 4 were showing as sold. Over the space of a couple of days, the remaining 10 were no longer showing as available. Now all the suites and minis are sold out. There are a few other categories available but I doubt there are fifty cabins left.

14 owner's suites?

What ship has 14 owner's suites?

Mike:)