In cabin coffee pots

fb0075

We were in a Vista Suite on the Riviera and were very surprised that there was not some type of espresso maker since their sister company, Regent, has it on their ships. The response we received is that they are not in the rooms because it is a fire hazard. I find it interesting that no one thinks it is a fire hazard on Regent.

You could bring a Nespresso machine and capsules... Less of a fire risk than a hair dryer... But actually the coffee on Oceania is not bad and the espresso etc quite good. Streets ahead of the junk you drink on Regent...

Lol

We think the coffee is undrinkable. Sometimes room service coffee is ok. But the espresso drinks are excellent. I cannot imagine dragging my nespresso machine around the world

Lol

We think the coffee is undrinkable. Sometimes room service coffee is ok. But the espresso drinks are excellent. I cannot imagine dragging my nespresso machine around the world

I do. In fact when we rent in the US I take a US (110v) one with me that i bought there some time ago. If we rent here - say in France and Italy and are driving - mine from home comes along. It likes a change of environment but I do NOT like a change of coffee!!

I do. In fact when we rent in the US I take a US (110v) one with me that i bought there some time ago. If we rent here - say in France and Italy and are driving - mine from home comes along. It likes a change of environment but I do NOT like a change of coffee!!

If I am driving no problem

Nothing beats a nespresso imo

You could bring a Nespresso machine and capsules... Less of a fire risk than a hair dryer... But actually the coffee on Oceania is not bad and the espresso etc quite good. Streets ahead of the junk you drink on Regent...

Aren't such home-based machines considered a fire hazard? Or do the room stewards look the other way? I know on other lines they are forbidden.

On Oceania when they bring you espresso by room service, it's from the galley.

I brought my own travel tumbler that is insulated. I have 4 cups in the morning I make at home (Jura-Capresso machine) and I just sent my more than willing husband up to Baristas for a Quattro Shot Cappucino. Just like home. When I travel I bring a light weight electric kettle, boil water and bring my own grounds with either a french press or drip filter.