New 123 changes next week

Iamthesea

Hi guys, don't know if you can help my questions however here goes.

My wife and I are from Australia and wishing to do our first Celebrity Cruise either 2016 or 2017. We are thinking of either the 14 night Celebrity Eclipse, southern Caribbean or a Mediterrean cruise. If we go to the Caribbean we would most probably go in February/March, and if we go to the Med it would be late May or early September.

My questions are.

Would we be eligible for the 123 promo as set out above if we book by the 28th February as described below, or is this promo just for American cruisers.

Second question is if we decide to do one of the cruises early than stated on this 123 promo, when is the cutoff time when you can cancel and rebook without penalty.

Thanking you so much for any info.

Cheers Bob & Christine

This relates to US bookings only.

Sometimes Australian offers are in sync, but sometimes not, since they are managed independantly.

Thank you Iamthesea for the heads up. I will be on the Reflection this weekend, and planned on booking a future cruise in Oceanview. Now I know to do it on embarkation day, 2/28 rather than doing it on a sea day!

We booked on embarkation day a couple of weeks ago. The times were not listed correctly. When we arrived at the office, the new times were posted, so we came back right at the time. We were behind 3 other couples. and then the line backed up behind us. Only two Future Cruise reps in the office. It took us nearly an hour of waiting and booking our cruises. Be there ahead of opening!

Thanks for posting this. I have a question maybe you can help to answer. I am looking to book a balcony cabin on Summit for Southern Caribbean Feb 2016, right now I can just get one perk but if I'm reading this correctly, if I wait until next week to book I'll get all three?

Thanks, Cathy

My understanding is that there are more limitations on perks starting next week, not less. So, this week perks are available for oceanview OR HIGHER cabin category, but starting next week you have to book veranda or higher to get any of the perks. Also, perks will no longer be available for bookings after April 2016 - but prior to 2/28, perks are available for bookings after April 2016.

And unless I missed something, it really doesn't say exactly how many or which perks are available starting 3/2 - so if it were me, I would book now knowing that I can always rebook with a better price/perks later if that situation occurs.

They have raised the prices to compensate with these offers. Do people really fall this kind of promo which is not really a deal.

Until recently, I haven't booked a cruise in the past several years, so perhaps I am just out of touch with pricing, but I tried to price out similar cabins and itineraries on other lines - including other specials like RCCLs buy one get one at half price - and time after time found that the deal with Celebrities 123Go perks matched or beat out other cruise pricing. In same cases after counting the value of the perks but in other cases - even without subtracting the perks from the overall cruise cost.

And even comparing the cruise I took on Celebrity in 2009 (an 11 day Caribbean) with the price I am paying for a November 2015 (10 day Caribbean), I find that the 2015 cruise costs less (and that is just comparing cabin + port fees/taxes - not even counting the perks.)

Perhaps you are just better at shopping for deals than I am :)

I booked a Concierge class room on Millennium this past week for Alaska in June 2016. The pre-paid gratuities and $300 OBC are great - don't care about the beverage package as much but I will use it a little (probably not to the tune of $343 per person though). We also got a regular beverage package for our daughter as part of the deal which I know she will use.

However, if find a rate that is below $500 what I paid, then I will definitely rebook even if I lose the 123 promo because I will likely come out ahead. It will be interesting to see if that happens or not.

Edited by MomtoCCC

We booked the Summit using the 123 package and chose to book a CC class room in order to get enough points for Elite status! We booked on Dec 17th and as of right now there are no CC rooms left for our sailing. A basic balcony is only $120 less than what we paid for our CC room, which includes all perks so I figure that we made out okay especially since we have a voucher for our flights!

snow bunny

There is no free lunch! You mentioned NCL which normally is $200-300 cheaper per category is roughly the exact same prices as Celebrity on an Alaska cruise leaving from the same port and same ports of call. Some people want the cheapest fare possible without any perks while others want all the freebee's they can get. The competition is fierce and a cruise lines gotta do whatever it takes to get your business. Most people who are on a ship have never cruised before and don't know the difference between NCL and Celebrity or any other cruise line for that matter. People cry about cutbacks by a cruise line yet want more free stuff but free stuff cost the cruise line money and they can either make it up by charging more or cutting back on what is already offered. On my first two cruises soft drinks were free and they had a midnight buffet every night. Find a mainstream cruise line that still offers that.

I just booked an NCL cruise for 5 September 2016 and the cost for a similar X cruise was not similar, when considering all the costs and benefits. Also, the cruise tour (priced on 2015 prices was several hundred more for X).

Not sure how most people pick a cruise. We were drawn to Celebrity because of its great itineraries coupled with reasonable prices.

Since Alaska cruises have a lot of competition, you would expect better prices. However, a seven day cruise costs almost as much as a 14 day cruise in other places. I suppose Alaska is popular, so competition doesn't help as much as in the Med or Caribbean.

I'd love to upgrade, but my three current bookings were made last summer when they were giving an extra 25 captain's club points in addition to pick one of the three perks. The extra 75 points will make me Elite after my January 2016 cruises. Don't want to mess that up! LOL!

I'm already E+ but booked partly for those extra points AND the 123 deal... made a note of it so I can make sure they make the extra credits January 2016 on four cruises! :p

Thanks amthesea,

I will give that a shot, but I think the prices that I come up with will be still overpriced.

That's the problem, isn't it. You can get a somewhat lower price, but nowhere near the cost differential you would need to pay outright for what comes as a perk with 1-2-3, even if you are a modest drinker (or non-alcohol drinker). We are all paying for these 'free' perks in the end. In some cases, there is a net benefit to the cruiser. For many of us, it nets out the either the same or higher pricing when the bottom line is calculated. But it doesn't seem like a trend that is going away anytime soon.

Hi guys, don't know if you can help my questions however here goes.

My wife and I are from Australia and wishing to do our first Celebrity Cruise either 2016 or 2017. We are thinking of either the 14 night Celebrity Eclipse, southern Caribbean or a Mediterrean cruise. If we go to the Caribbean we would most probably go in February/March, and if we go to the Med it would be late May or early September.

My questions are.

Would we be eligible for the 123 promo as set out above if we book by the 28th February as described below, or is this promo just for American cruisers.

Second question is if we decide to do one of the cruises early than stated on this 123 promo, when is the cutoff time when you can cancel and rebook without penalty.

Thanking you so much for any info.

Cheers Bob & Christine

As it currently stands this promotion is available in Australia finishing on 28 Feb for bookings up to April 2017. I assume it would change to the same as listed at start of this thread but they don't always match.

As far as cancelling and rebooking without penalty it depends on who you book with. If you make your booking with Celebrity you can do that up to about 90 days before cruise (can't remember exactly but I know it is around then as have done it it myself). If you book through a TA you would have to check their T&C.

I hope this helps

As it currently stands this promotion is available in Australia finishing on 28 Feb for bookings up to April 2017. I assume it would change to the same as listed at start of this thread but they don't always match.

As far as cancelling and rebooking without penalty it depends on who you book with. If you make your booking with Celebrity you can do that up to about 90 days before cruise (can't remember exactly but I know it is around then as have done it it myself). If you book through a TA you would have to check their T&C.

I hope this helps

The 123 Go promo may be, but the bonus points are not.

My understanding is that there are more limitations on perks starting next week, not less. So, this week perks are available for oceanview OR HIGHER cabin category, but starting next week you have to book veranda or higher to get any of the perks. Also, perks will no longer be available for bookings after April 2016 - but prior to 2/28, perks are available for bookings after April 2016.

And unless I missed something, it really doesn't say exactly how many or which perks are available starting 3/2 - so if it were me, I would book now knowing that I can always rebook with a better price/perks later if that situation occurs.

So, if I understand correctly, if I book my Feb 2016 balcony now, I'll get a choice of the three perks, if I wait until next week, I'll still only get one choice of three perks...guess I'll wait until we sail in September and try and get some better options. Worth a try anyway!

They have raised the prices to compensate with these offers. Do people really fall this kind of promo which is not really a deal.

Or they just book the week, cabin, ship, and/or itinerary they want without caring what others think about how they spend their money. ;)

Just a tip, we found that when booking the Concierge cabin for the all inclusive offer that the gratuities price was in the final price. We then rang a couple of days later, as it said that on the booking, and the lady said to pay the price owing minus the gratuities cost when final payment is due and the gratuities would be adjusted 30 days before sailing. I said that would result in messages that we still owed money, and she said to ignore those. I said I didn't like the sound of that. (I have heard that 30 days prior it will be fixed line before for future cruise certificates when we should be getting the OBC for using one.) So I said a couple of times I didn't like it, but left it at that and finished the call. Thought I might ring later and try to talk to a supervisor.

So anyhow, within a few hours I get an adjusted invoice emailed, and it was showing the credit for the OBC, as well as the drinks package cost and a credit against the drinks package cost. So I was happy with the outcome, and I don't know if it would have been adjusted anyhow without the phone call. She didn't sound like she was passing anything on or going to do anything about it.

This was for a cruise in Nov 2016, so I am glad I have that booked before the changes happen :)

I just booked an NCL cruise for 5 September 2016 and the cost for a similar X cruise was not similar, when considering all the costs and benefits. Also, the cruise tour (priced on 2015 prices was several hundred more for X).

Not sure how most people pick a cruise. We were drawn to Celebrity because of its great itineraries coupled with reasonable prices.

Since Alaska cruises have a lot of competition, you would expect better prices. However, a seven day cruise costs almost as much as a 14 day cruise in other places. I suppose Alaska is popular, so competition doesn't help as much as in the Med or Caribbean.

The X and NCL are very different products, where one is a premium line and the other a budget line. Do you want Apple Bee's type food with lots of entertainment, or a 4 star dinner on a more tranquil atmosphere ship? The answer can very.

You'll see in Anchorage, different hotel chains, restaurant chains, and cafe's. The Courtyard Marriott is going for $170, but the Embassy Suites is charging $240. The cruise lines are no different, you get what you pay for.

What would be nice would be nice would be the option of a price for an outside cabin and above without the 123 offer built in, for a few people like us who do not drink that much I'm pretty sure we would save money. Our drinks bill for the two of us on a two week cruise is never more than £500 and that's picking any drink we want. The mark up on the cabins plus the premium package upgrade cost is way more than that.